• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • divader86

Dec 18, 2010
    montgomery county, MD
    After purchasing the CZ-75b 9mm from budsgunshop.com I can honestly say i will never buy from them again. I ordered the gun on Tuesday march 7th. On the 8th they got back to me saying, "We cannot ship this gun to Maryland, it does not have a fired shell casing." OK thats understandable so I've been waiting with no form of communication from them. I emailed, I called, I even tried the live chat feature which i was told to email or call. In the meantime they charged me for the gun. So I'm going to give it until Monday the 14th before canceling order and going to a local gun shop.

Now the main point of this post is to ask which shops sell them, i know Atlantic in Rockville has them at a ridiculous price. Any other shops around here have them? and price ranges would be much appreciated!

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Your story is the same as soooooo many others.

The search feature here would have helped, before you decided to buy from them

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    Engage Armament in Kensington can probably get one of those for you and their prices are pretty good (I've asked them about CZs before).

JavaDan

Beer - Nectar of the Gods
    Feb 25, 2010
    Pasadena
    Buds is Bad. Some of our industry partners refuse to even transfer from them.

First place to check is in this site's Industry Partners forum for an FFL close to you. I use 2A Sales in Jessup.

This thread might also be of interest to you:

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=53436&highlight=Atlantic+Guns

As for the fired casing, I assume you know that it will be needed no matter what shop you use. If there is none for the gun you are buying, the FFL will usually send it out to somebody with a manufacturers' license to get the casing required by MSP. You will have to pay for that.

--Dan

Last edited:

divader86

Dec 18, 2010
    montgomery county, MD
    Buds is Bad. Some of our industry partners refuse to even transfer from them.

First place to check is in this site's Industry Partners forum for an FFL close to you. I use 2A Sales in Jessup.

This thread might also be of interest to you:

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=53436&highlight=Atlantic+Guns

As for the fired casing, I assume you know that it will be needed no matter what shop you use. If there is none for the gun you are buying, the FFL will usually send it out to somebody with a manufacturers' license to get the casing required by MSP. You will have to pay for that.

--Dan

Of course i know its a law in maryland to have to fired casing. And i assumed i would have to pay more. But the problem is they're not shipping it out, or contacting me so that leaves me with my thumb up my ass waiting lol

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    Call them first and ask if they have what you are looking for with the shell casing BEFORE you order. Will save you some headaches. The shell casing issue is a problem a lot of places because only MD and NY ask for them so the vast majority of manufacturers no longer provide it. I had that problem when I ordered my Kimber but they (not Bud's, different place) were able to get one from the factory for and extra $10

divader86

Dec 18, 2010
    montgomery county, MD
    Call them first and ask if they have what you are looking for with the shell casing BEFORE you order. Will save you some headaches. The shell casing issue is a problem a lot of places because only MD and NY ask for them so the vast majority of manufacturers no longer provide it. I had that problem when I ordered my Kimber but they (not Bud's, different place) were able to get one from the factory for and extra $10

Good advice i was first planning on buying from a local shop but Budsgunshop.com beat the price by a huge margin so i just went for it. But now i know, i guess live and learn!

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    Good advice i was first planning on buying from a local shop but Budsgunshop.com beat the price by a huge margin so i just went for it. But now i know, i guess live and learn!

Yeah if the cost difference is only a little I would go with a local guy every time. But if it's a large difference it's worth at least a call to Bud's to check on the availability. Their phone order people are pretty good and they will go look for you while you are on the phone.

But like I said it's getting harder and harder to order online thanks to the idiotic shell casing requirement that's never done an f-ing thing but cost the state tons of money. It's a freaking work program, not an anti-crime program. But anyway, while most states have gone away from requiring shell casings, good old MD still requires it so most of the manufacturers don't bother providing them. Some will but you have to order one specifically with the casing and usually pay extra for it. A place like Bud's gets good prices because of the huge volume they order in, so for most guns they carry they are getting a bulk rate and will not have the shells. Isn't Maryland great! :rolleyes:

divader86

Dec 18, 2010
    montgomery county, MD
    Yeah if the cost difference is only a little I would go with a local guy every time. But if it's a large difference it's worth at least a call to Bud's to check on the availability. Their phone order people are pretty good and they will go look for you while you are on the phone.

But like I said it's getting harder and harder to order online thanks to the idiotic shell casing requirement that's never done an f-ing thing but cost the state tons of money. It's a freaking work program, not an anti-crime program. But anyway, while most states have gone away from requiring shell casings, good old MD still requires it so most of the manufacturers don't bother providing them. Some will but you have to order one specifically with the casing and usually pay extra for it. A place like Bud's gets good prices because of the huge volume they order in, so for most guns they carry they are getting a bulk rate and will not have the shells. Isn't Maryland great! :rolleyes:

Yeah i remember reading that only a couple criminal cases were solved thanks to the casing law the whole time this has been in place, actually it might have even been 1 case. either way i don't recall but shows you how pointless the regulation is...

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    They can ship with out a casing.
    Gun Runners and Glade Valley do casing.
    I think they may outsource to PDI.

Fideo

Aug 27, 2009
    NoVA
    I must have gotten lucky, my CZ P-01 was from Buds and the transaction was uneventful.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Have it shipped to Joe at Corsica, its two trips across the bay but he does fired casings and has dealt with Buds on this issue.

Cant beat a CZ75

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom