• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    So after some customers have mentioned (and later assisted) that a dedicated 9mm would be something they were interested in we began kicking around the idea. We now have the full CAD design for a dedicated 9mm lower. Kindly find below renderings of the design. There are still a couple tweaks we would like to do to cut additional weight.

This will take Colt style 9mm magazines.

So what Im attempting to determine is:

A: How many people would buy something like this?
    B: Would you be willing to put down a deposit on something like this that has a 4 month lead time?

I guess I missed the vote where they elected you to be forum policeman. I gave input. They can ignore it if they want.

I missed the vote too, I am only repeating what I see in red. :)

Leroi

Feb 16, 2011
    Yes please, I almost ordered one from Double Diamond years ago but never got around to it. An Engage version, where do I send my money?

Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    The money would be in a lower that took unmodified Uzi mags. The VMH blocks go for big money now. Not super hard to design, either, albeit the mag catch would need some thinking. If you want to look at my VMH block, I'll bring it in next week.

I think the Glock magazines would be a bigger seller than the Uzi mags as so few people have Uzis. However a mag block that takes Uzi magazines would be a decent seller if you just do one or two runs.

Ender

Jan 9, 2011
    I'm in, especially for the Colt mags. As someone without a glock I would have to buy new mags either way but I hate the way glock mag lowers look. Aesthetics isn't the only reason I buy a gun but its a part of it. I don't like how glock mag lowers have that backward slant on the mags.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I'm very interested in a finished product of a pistol with a SIG brace, especially if that build ends up being suppressable.

I have a DDLES lower. My 9mm AR is VERY quiet. It is my favorite gun to shoot. It's a SBR, but you could do a pistol build that is similar sans the VFG.
    141B9AEB-8A7D-43FD-AAED-A7193C035B31_zpsjjqhkedr.jpg

I think the Glock magazines would be a bigger seller than the Uzi mags as so few people have Uzis. However a mag block that takes Uzi magazines would be a decent seller if you just do one or two runs.

What about one that uses MP5 mags? THAT would be bad-ass.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    I have a DDLES lower. My 9mm AR is VERY quiet. It is my favorite gun to shoot. It's a SBR, but you could do a pistol build that is similar sans the VFG.

Not to derail the thread, but what stock is that on there? I like the look of it for a lightweight build where you don't need to worry about changing length.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    We are. Just issues with the modeling. Right now I think its far too heavy so we're doing more adjustments.

Awesome, add another interested! I don't know how I missed this thread before.

I really want it to be a revolver though, magazines scare me. Will that work? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom