• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    Yea the pistol version with the brace is the one I want.

Screw the NFA and BS tax.

I refuse to cower to their infringements and will not play their game. This is my protest by buying it.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The UZI Pro pistol will eventually also be offered with an Arm Brace !!
    I really wish they'd import the version that took unmodified Uzi mags, or at least provide that particular lower as an option. I have thus far avoided Colt mags, but may not be able to between the UPP and the 9mm Tavor conversion. :)

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    Now it seems IWI on Facebook is asking what design do they want on the brace, open or closed.

10655217_573153122815212_1885080446304473650_o.jpg

10515159_573153296148528_7536434893348815636_o.jpg

Personally I like the open one it looks a lot better but if it is like the same material found on the sb-15 or sb-47 it will be better to keep it closed. From reading the votes though it seems the "open" choice is in the lead.

https://www.facebook.com/IWIUS/posts/573153436148514

RoboRay

Oct 16, 2013
    Whichever is more rigid, so almost certainly "closed." If the lower back edge of the brace is floppy, it's worthless.*

* Unless you only plan to do something silly like strap it to your forearm.

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    This has me bent out of shape! I have wanted a Galil since I first saw one, and almost brought two home with me from Somalia but didn't at the last minute(worried about customs). I even dressed an Nhm-91 just like a Galil because I figured that was as close as I would ever get to owning one in this state. There is just something bout these new one's that just turns me off. Maybe they will grow on me and I wouldn't mind owning the pistol version but I just can't swallow the new design just yet.

Feb 28, 2013
    This has me bent out of shape! I have wanted a Galil since I first saw one, and almost brought two home with me from Somalia but didn't at the last minute(worried about customs). I even dressed an Nhm-91 just like a Galil because I figured that was as close as I would ever get to owning one in this state. There is just something bout these new one's that just turns me off. Maybe they will grow on me and I wouldn't mind owning the pistol version but I just can't swallow the new design just yet.

I feel the same way. I just could never find one in decent shape.

If it's any consolation, there are forces all over the world lining up to start using these. Some are already.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Galil_ACE&mobileaction=toggle_view_desktop

Atlantic Firearms.com

Industry Partner
    Jul 31, 2011
    We were able to spend some Quality one on one time with the new IWI Galil Ace rifles and pistols . The gun is not inexpensive but it is very well built and packed with features . We were a bit skeptical given the price but were totally won over after being able to filed strip the gun and the range time.

galilace4.gif

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I like the look of the gun except for that stock. Anyone know if they used a standard mil-spec size tube so AR stocks could be installed on it?

Feb 28, 2013
    I'm pretty sure the lower is the serialized part.
    I'm thinking maybe not.

Look at the one in my picture in #50, between the charging handle and the handguard. Is that the serial number?

Also, notice how the magwell and the area around it is a different color.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Ouch, I would have hoped for sub $1500. Be interesting how a much more crowded market accepts this gun.

Its purely personal preference but I also would like one that has a little more of the classic Galil looks and simplicity.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I'm thinking maybe not.

Look at the one in my picture in #50, between the charging handle and the handguard. Is that the serial number?

Also, notice how the magwell and the area around it is a different color.

That is the lower AFAIK... upon second review...I got no clue.:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom