• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    we should be able to take the FLASH hider off and put a MUZZLE brake on correct?!

Yes. That is what is probably going to happen for MD buyers anyway. A lot easier than replacing the folding stock since the flash hider uses standard threads for .30 guns so there should be a plethora of options to choose from on the market.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Yes. That is what is probably going to happen for MD buyers anyway. A lot easier than replacing the folding stock since the flash hider uses standard threads for .30 guns so there should be a plethora of options to choose from on the market.
    Depending on what IWI sells, I could see swapping out the folding stock. Remember, the folder is just an option on the ACE series; I'd rather be able to use suppressors than have a folder on a gun like this.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    While I certainly prefer non-reciprocating handles, I don't think reciprocating is that big of a problem on AK-style platforms.

IWI claims the ACE 5X guns are coming in August - I'll believe it when I see it. IWI has had trouble making their deadlines in the past.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Pistol MSRP is $1750. Street would be ~$1450 once initial demand dies down.

Rifle MSRP is unknown, but might be $2150. Street would therefore be ~$1750 after demand dies down.

IMHO, they're rolling about $100-$150 bucks too high for the market. Could be they've got more margin in the ACE's MSRP than the Tavor's MSRP, though.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    To each his own, I personally have no interests in PSA rifles....

PSA, Beretta, Rock River Arms - have no use for them. They can pound sand.

Galil, don't really have any opinion on right now - would have to get my hands on one and see how I like/dislike it.

Feb 28, 2013
    That's a great looking rifle, is it the ultimate AK?
    Well, my understanding of the history is that the IDF got ahold of an AK, reverse-engineered it like a boatload of other countries did, and made a few refinements, resulting in the original Galil.

The original Galils were beasts. They weighed upwards of 9 lbs.

I have seen a crapload of Bushmaster Ar-15s for $500-$600... opps I forgot.:D

:envy:

Galil, don't really have any opinion on right now - would have to get my hands on one and see how I like/dislike it.

If you like AK's, I think you'll like the Galil.

THIS Galil, however, is better for right handed shooters IMO because of the charging handle being on the left side. That was one of the changes from the originals. On those a righty had reach over the receiver and rack it with his left hand. That's why the charging handles on those were turned up.

The originals took proprietary 35 rd mags, while this new 5.56 version takes AR mags.

So while I'm still stingin' from the events of last year and the fact that I couldn't find an original for a sub-stratospheric price, this newfangled model does seem to have some good points.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom