• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Donating to Fund the HQL Lawsuit

• Yes - I have/will donate as this is our best bet.

Votes: 98 59.4%
    • Yes - Win or lose, I won't stop fighting.

Votes: 31 18.8%
    • No - I don't think it stands snowballs chance.

Votes: 29 17.6%
    • No - I think the HQL is a good common sense measure.

Votes: 1 0.6%
    • Undecided - I'm going around in circles.

Votes: 6 3.6%

• Total voters

Mr H

Banana'd
    We take volunteers from anywhere we can get them, whether they are a member or not.

If someone got turned down as a volunteer that wasn't a member then please PM that information so it can be corrected.

This, in spades.

It has been a longstanding position that anyone wanting to get their feet wet in advocacy is welcomed, and 'mentored' to attempt to bring them further into the fold.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    This, in spades.

It has been a longstanding position that anyone wanting to get their feet wet in advocacy is welcomed, and 'mentored' to attempt to bring them further into the fold.

Not just advocacy, but any little thing that can help.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Is it possible/legal for the Mods to do on-line MDS raffles?

Instead of Karma giveaways for small items, folks could donate to the HQL cause and then be entered to win what folks donate.

This would require verification of payment and not sure of the logistical nightmare involved for the Mods.

every county requires a permit, and raffles must donate a portion to a charity in md. i dont know of all non profits count.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    every county requires a permit, and raffles must donate a portion to a charity in md. i dont know of all non profits count.

I swear masturbation is the only thing left in Maryland that doesn't have a fee, tax, license, registration, or law attached to it.

I'm sure whaling away in the middle of 695 could present an issue though.

But that would be indecent exposure.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Yes

Introductions can be made to anyone that has deep pockets.

Legal Strategy is not made public, for obvious reasons.

1) That's backwards thinking. All the anointed who know the plan need go sell it to the whales. You can hook small fish with the lure already set, but those bait fish are running dry

2) Litigation really doesn't work that way. The "gotcha" stuff is all on TV and in the movies.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    We take volunteers from anywhere we can get them, whether they are a member or not.

If someone got turned down as a volunteer that wasn't a member then please PM that information so it can be corrected.
    You know how to reach me. Let me know the schedule of shows, and I'll see what I can work around daddy duties.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Is it possible/legal for the Mods to do on-line MDS raffles?

Instead of Karma giveaways for small items, folks could donate to the HQL cause and then be entered to win what folks donate.

This would require verification of payment and not sure of the logistical nightmare involved for the Mods.

I think that even if this could be done, it is blurring the lines between MDS and MSI a little too much.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    You know how to reach me. Let me know the schedule of shows, and I'll see what I can work around daddy duties.

Frederick Gun Show, Feb 20, 0800 - 1200, 1200 - 1700, Feb 21 0900 - 1200, 1200 - 1500.

Let me know.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    I'm able to cater pit (beef/turkey/ham) w/ all the standard picnic faire (dogs, burgers, italian sausage). i can get the per person food cost down as low as i possibly can, and will donate my time, and can manage with mds or msi volunteers for help.

just throwing that out there.

You may want to consider coupling Jaybeez offer with a "A Rally at the Range" affair. Not sure if AGC would be willing, but the facilities are there to have the food preparation in Memorial Hall along with a trap shoot or other event. It could even be an extension of our "Meet the Organizations" session we had in Annapolis but it would be held in central Maryland area. Sort of an "meet and greet" for the general public and other gun owners/2A supporters to meet and discuss the 2A challenges we face. Not sure if we would want to venture into having 'educational sessions' but it could be done. Depending on when it was held, we may even be able to get some local 2A political figures to show.

As someone said, all it takes is someone to plan and organize it. I would first talk to John Josselyn for his advice as this is new territory for us and he is a great resource.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    You may want to consider coupling Jaybeez offer with a "A Rally at the Range" affair. Not sure if AGC would be willing, but the facilities are there to have the food preparation in Memorial Hall along with a trap shoot or other event. It could even be an extension of our "Meet the Organizations" session we had in Annapolis but it would be held in central Maryland area. Sort of an "meet and greet" for the general public and other gun owners/2A supporters to meet and discuss the 2A challenges we face. Not sure if we would want to venture into having 'educational sessions' but it could be done. Depending on when it was held, we may even be able to get some local 2A political figures to show.

As someone said, all it takes is someone to plan and organize it. I would first talk to John Josselyn for his advice as this is new territory for us and he is a great resource.

Open carry picnic, at a range (legal to transport and wear there), a couple rso's, maybe a couple 50/50 shoots with buy in and a donated prize (rimfire rifle/ centerfire pistol), silent auction, speakers, maybe a few local maufacturers or retailers might want to buy a table, raffle tickets for a drawing that day, food, music?, seminar, sponsors

sounds like a winner

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Open carry picnic, at a range (legal to transport and wear there), a couple rso's, maybe a couple 50/50 shoots with buy in and a donated prize (rimfire rifle/ centerfire pistol), silent auction, speakers, maybe a few local maufacturers or retailers might want to buy a table, raffle tickets for a drawing that day, food, music?, seminar, sponsors

sounds like a winner

That was my thought! A 'win-win' for all!

The beauty is if we could get several ranges (one in western MD, one on the Eastern Shore, and another in Southern MD) we may be able to spread the word and get more grass-roots support from hunting communities!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom