• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    Yes, the model# is No4 MK2 (F), then 12/54 PF337XXX
    303, any insight or history you might have for this rifle would be appreciated, as I haven't spent a lot of time reading about british rifles, but am kind of a history geek, and like to research each milsurps life story.
    I know the POF ammo is corrosive, and have learned to deal with corrosive ammo mostly in 7.62x54 (windex, then solvent, then oil. Ammonia neutralizes mercuric salts that attract moisture, act as an electrolyte and rust the crap out of anything it touches), y brother shot.

Your a lucky owner of a Fazakerley 'Irish Contract' made rifle. The rifles never got delivered, went to war reserve. Irish contract rifles are all in the PF309348 - PF359347 range.
    Cleaning corrosive is easy. Take your Enfield funnel and run boiling water down the bore. BUT POF sucks! It's more click then bang. Then there is the click,1,2,3,4,bang. Thats why I pull the bullet (I had .02 each in 10,000rds).
    Find some HXP (Greek) for the old girl. Best stuff and is boxer primed.
    Then roll your own, .314 with a .30cal gass check.
    Hit these forums:
    http://forums.gunboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55
    http://www.jouster.com/cgi-bin/lee-enfield/lee-enfield.pl
    An the man that wrote the bible on the Enfield:
    http://www.skennerton.com/
    Have fun with her:D
    ATB

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    Im In

For sure, 100%, no excuses Im making this one. Theres no race and its winter so no traffic comin back. Plus Im thinkin its gonna be less crowded, Im just not a crowd kind of person. If it is cold I can bring a turbo heater and if some one has an easy-upper they dont mind smellin like diesel or kerosene we can use those for a break from the cold. If its a bad idea I can leave it home.

Now to stock up on ammo and maybe buy a new toy to bring down. I cant wait :party29:

RipkinC

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2007
    Free America
    Please... someone bring a flame thrower for warmth ok... yes I really mean a ma-duce, but an actual flame would be really coool

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    ripkin, tell you what, talk to zeke. if he's ok with fire, i'll bring propane tanks and flares.

aside from that, somebody bring 55 gallon drum, drill some holes in the lower part for oxygen intake, and lets have a classic fire in a barrel.

bowtiebandit

Feb 24, 2007
    Columbia
    ripkin, tell you what, talk to zeke. if he's ok with fire, i'll bring propane tanks and flares.

aside from that, somebody bring 55 gallon drum, drill some holes in the lower part for oxygen intake, and lets have a classic fire in a barrel.

I can get probably 5 to 10 35 gallon barrels if that will be allowed

crabhab

Feb 14, 2007
    Anyone from the Shore go to these. Most of the posts seem to be Western Shore folks (no offense). I am in Pittsville and I have some buddies that would like to shoot.

bigjohn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 29, 2007
    live in laurel DE and work in pittsville, yes i go to the shoots:party29: deerslayer79, 303 enfield, vnvgunner are all from that area also

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Anyone from the Shore go to these. Most of the posts seem to be Western Shore folks (no offense). I am in Pittsville and I have some buddies that would like to shoot.

I would wager that, of the 60 or so people at the last shoot, at least 10-12 folks were from the Eastern Shore.

VNVGUNNER

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    Hebron, Md.

There is a bunch of us here from the shore. I'm just up Old O.C road near
    Winter Place Farm and Beaver Run school. Welcome to the group.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Speaking of 55 gallon drums of oil...we shot dragon missiles at some that were full while in Japan. It was the coolest explosion you ever saw...until we realized the jungle was on fire.:o Every politician in Japan came out for that one, burned a bunch of acres of the land over there before they got it put out, man were they pissed. Was still fun as hell though.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    so does that mean i'm a go for full propane tanks and flares??? *crosses fingers and knocks on wood* because they are so much fun.

i'm hopin to have a new toy to play with by the time this next shoot rolls around. we'll see.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Last time, target frames were hard to come by, If I get a few days between then and now off, I will build as grand a frame as time and loot permit.

I thought 2x4 frame, H shaped, cardboard backing for paper targets up top, and steel discs or tennisballs hanging underneath (cable ties or coathangers?) for reactive fun. And this time, I am not going to forget the barbasol cans:D any other ideas for fun stuff to bring?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom