• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 28, 2013
    Only problem was on us- Our 2 150 rd value packs of Federal 62gr .556 which we had planned on shooting was steel core which can't be used as their indoor facility.

Was it .556? or 2.23 mm?:innocent0

But there range ammo prices were fairly reasonable and it didn't break the bank to shoot there for 2 hours. I'd just recommend those new to Freestate double check any ammo you bring with you with a magnet.

No need to worry about that. They do that anyway when you check in.

Continental Arms is the WORST range in the area hands down. Really sh%&$#$y people there.

You sure about that?

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=121809&highlight=select+fire

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    No need to worry about that. They do that anyway when you check in.

I think maybe his point was if you already have it, check it before you bring it. If you don' have it yet, check it before you buy it.

I bought some brass cased ammo when I bought my VZ and was told it was non-magnetic. I believed it too since I really didn't think there'd be any steel in a brass cased round. My ammo initially passed the magnet test. Then the guy I went to shoot with had his ammo stick. Guy behind the counter realized we had the same stuff so he took my ammo out of the box and lo and behold it just barely stuck to the magnet. Must have been a VERY thin steel jacket on the bullet. :sad20:

PresentArms

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2008
    Middle River

Attachments

• DSC02619.jpg
      DSC02619.jpg
      33.5 KB · Views: 357

matt.ruszala

Jan 31, 2012
    NorthEast Baltimore City
    Continental vs Freestate

I like both ranges. Never had an issue with the staff at Continental. The staff at Freestate are great too. Never saw any shady happenings at Continental.

One busy day at Freestate I saw someone behind the counter checking a pair of 45s in a case with action closed and magazines in. The person behind the counter never said a word. I moved promptly out of the way of the muzzle that was pointing in my direction. Definitely a no no!!:facepalm:

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I like both ranges. Never had an issue with the staff at Continental. The staff at Freestate are great too. Never saw any shady happenings at Continental.

One busy day at Freestate I saw someone behind the counter checking a pair of 45s in a case with action closed and magazines in. The person behind the counter never said a word. I moved promptly out of the way of the muzzle that was pointing in my direction. Definitely a no no!!:facepalm:

Well, people make mistakes from time to time. And they have employed some younger, perhaps less experienced counter people. In my experience, all employees have been very diligent about safety

Chiteshew

Mar 2, 2014
    Parkville
    I have bought a membership to Freestate a couple of months ago and have had no regrets! I did regret buying my SR1911 there, since I found it $125 cheaper at another gun shop. Don't buy guns from them...but shoot there! They charge $11 for 100 box of 22lr...not too bad for saving your own stock IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jrosen007

Mar 16, 2014
    Howard County
    Also a member at Freestate

I also joined as a member at Freestate. I'm new to shooting but get there about once a week. Great staff, great hours (10-10) 364 days a year. I shoot a shotgun and 5.56 bolt action Mossberg MVP. Will be getting an AR soon (not sure which one) and I've already picked out a handgun (Walther PPQ M2 in 5" barrel when it becomes available. A bit farther than I would like to drive, but since I can shoot my long guns (some ranges won't allow) it's worth it.

I will say customer service surely gets an "A"!!!!

Tito

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 4, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Made a trip with two friends, and they have a nice set up. The staff was professional, and a minimum wait time. I shot my 12 gauge (slugs), 9mm carbine, and a couple of handguns.

Mr Bear

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Maryland
    Enjoyed my visit to Freestate. They provide a short, but informative overview on firearm safety to new shooters. Good idea.

The staff seemed to get a bit flustered when things got busy, but were still pleasant. Did not enjoy paying $30 for 9mm fmj (box of 50) when .40 S&W went for $23.

Would definitely go back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom