• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snowranger

Nov 8, 2013
    Guys,
    I am a fairly new shooter (and new to this site) but wanted to report my experience at Freestate last week. I shot at Hap Baker a number of years ago and over the last 3 or so years I have shot handguns at Continental Arms a few times a year. I am not an avid shooter by any means but hunt and shoot pretty often. Anyway, I bought a Colt 6920 in September and last week went to Freestate to shoot it for the first time. All I can say, is WOW, what a difference in experience than I have ever had at Continental. I was a bit unsure of myself with the new gun, procedures for ammo and clips, and the range in general. The staff was friendly, helpful and made me feel welcome. Checked my gun and ammo, answered questions about loaded clips, targets, etc. No attitudes, superiority complexes, just nice folks. I can tell you I won't ever go back to Continental. Only bad part of my day was when my glasses fogged up and I pulled them away from my face a bit. As luck would have it, the next shot sent a hot cartridge behind the glasses and burned my cornea! Not a fun experience but healed quickly.
    That's it. Just wanted to let others know about a nice facility with friendly staff.
    Eric

Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    ;)

Attachments

• il_340x270.456509854_3w53.jpg
      il_340x270.456509854_3w53.jpg
      8.1 KB · Views: 821

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The correct term is magazine as noted in the pic above. Clip is not used in an AR style firearm.

we're just being dicks. no worries.

:D

rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    Actually it's a 30 caliber clip.... with the ability to disperse 30 rounds within half a second.:cool:

Anyway, FreeState is a great place with great staff. Never a bad experience in all the times I've been.:thumbsup:

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I've passed it twice while going to do some work. I wish I could bring some of my gear but I think the folks at Ft. Meade frown on that sort of thing.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I had been shooting at Freestate on and off for more than a year, and have taken several training classes there. I was pleased enough with the range and the staff to have purchased an annual membership about 6 weeks ago. The last time I did that was in the 90's when I became one of the first 100 or so members at Continental. I used that membership once and felt so welcome I never returned. Kudos to the owner and staff at Freestate for making shooting and training a convenient and enjoyable event.

shiloh228

Dec 25, 2012
    Ballmer County
    I bought an annual membership last year, and will renew shortly. FreeState is a great place! The staff and facilities are first rate. I always feel welcomed there.

As a side effect...by encouraging me to return and shoot more often, I have actually become a better shooter. :D

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I bought an annual membership last year, and will renew shortly. FreeState is a great place! The staff and facilities are first rate. I always feel welcomed there.

As a side effect...by encouraging me to return and shoot more often, I have actually become a better shooter. :D

Yup, I agree with all that.

In addition, being that Im still a n00b to shooting I can appreciate the tact that the RSOs use when dealing with issues. I've had to be corrected on one thing each of the first few times I shot there and they were very gracious, no attitude at all like I've heard about other establishments. :thumbsup:

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Yep, I was corrected for holding my gun too far fwd and casings going into the next booth in a most polite way.

It makes all the difference in the world.

gstaniii

Oct 11, 2013
    Ellicott City
    My friend and I had a Mini-14 party at Freestate last Sat. morning. Excellent facility and staff. Looking forward to going back. Only problem was on us- Our 2 150 rd value packs of Federal 62gr .556 which we had planned on shooting was steel core which can't be used as their indoor facility. But there range ammo prices were fairly reasonable and it didn't break the bank to shoot there for 2 hours. I'd just recommend those new to Freestate double check any ammo you bring with you with a magnet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom