• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oupa

Apr 6, 2011
    For the record, I used Chantix. It worked for me. For many it does not. It's the mindset of quitting that is most important, whatever method you use. I used an ecig for a while. I've heard they've improved since then but it was more a novelty when I used it and quite expensive back then.

My wife smokes to. Still does but she's cut waaay back and never smoked as much as me anyway. It doesn't bother me, in fact I like the smell. A couple times I've even tried a puff or two and while the smell is still good, the taste IS NOT!:puke:

That's what Chantix does (although that is well out of my system three years later!) it blocks the pleasurable taste of the tobacco. However you get to that point of cigarettes not tasting appealing anymore, you got it made!:irule:

Just do it. When you can get outside and do stuff, stay active, in a couple weeks it'll get easier. Hang tough during this snow event! Being cooped up is tough but YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! After a week it gets easier and easier. They claim a craving lasts for ten minutes. That's ten minutes of active resistance then you can relax a little till the next one hits. Try not to compensate with another vice! Try just making it though one craving at a time, ten minutes... a big glass a water can help. It gives you that full feeling without adding any calories, etc. YOU CAN DO IT!!!! We're all on your side Beau. :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

quad

Another Hooligan
    Mar 31, 2011
    Allegany County
    Again, day 4...... The wife actually asked me lastnight if I wanted a half of hers. My response was " Hell no I dont want to ruin 3 days with a friggin' half " LOL

Don't know why, but today I have actually been craving more than previous days. I even said I'd like one a few times. Ofcourse that pack of marlboro laying on the counter where I kept mine, surely aint helping either lol. I told her she can smoke in the vehicle if she wants. I still enjoy the smell too. I did notice that I could smell smoke in her hair at one point today.

Yep, I think once the weather breaks, and I can fish, ride the dirtbike, etc....it'll help out alot. As you said, I CAN DO IT!! I really have no choice but to succeed. Thanks for the hope, help, and support. :thumbsup: :)

glock9mm

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2011
    Ceciltucky!
    quad,
    We don't know each other but I wish you the best of luck in quitting! I need to do the same thing and your post really got me thinking that I need to do this ASAP!

PM me your address and I'll send a brick of .22 for your daughter to shoot.

4570inMD

Western MD Hooligan #007
    Jan 26, 2011
    West Virginia
    Quad,

Uncover your Dad's reloading equipment before this snow storm? Inventory complete? What do you need to start?

4570inMD

quad

Another Hooligan
    Mar 31, 2011
    Allegany County
    Day 5, All good?

Day 5.......Still good, not ALL good. I mean, I crave and crave, but I have resisted the urge. So, I guess thats still considered all good. I just feel like yesterday and today has been harder than the first 3 for some reason. At any rate, like I told her today while talking, I have came too far now to give in. I have no doubts that I can do this, but its getting harder, instead of easier lol.

quad

Another Hooligan
    Mar 31, 2011
    Allegany County
    quad,
    We don't know each other but I wish you the best of luck in quitting! I need to do the same thing and your post really got me thinking that I need to do this ASAP!

PM me your address and I'll send a brick of .22 for your daughter to shoot.

Hopefully you can do this too!! I know I should have quit long ago. Even after seeing some family members have lots of trouble from smoking, and a buddy suffer around 3 years of throat cancer ( non smoking related ), it still didnt worry me enough. I just started having some symptoms he had, and I figured I better get checked. I guess what it took was a week or two of pure hell in my head thinking the worst. I wouldnt want anyone to have to go through that. In all honesty, that played a part in taking my daughter to the range last week. I was thinking all the what if's, and I figured I better do it while I can, etc. I was afraid that day was possibly the last I was gonna see the folks at the range. Looking now, it was a win, as she loved it so much. I just know now, that was an eye opener that I now know I'll always have a shooting buddy. Soon, we can take my son too!! lol Me and the wife was everywhere today looking for 22 ammo. I gave em all the story about my daughter, just incase they might have had something stashed in back, or if they thought I was just another hoarder. No luck, what so ever.

As for the ammo, not sure what to say except thanks a million, and I'd gladly pay for it!! PM inbound :thumbsup: ;)

quad

Another Hooligan
    Mar 31, 2011
    Allegany County
    Quad,

Uncover your Dad's reloading equipment before this snow storm? Inventory complete? What do you need to start?

4570inMD

No sir, I still didnt get a chance to catch up to him about it. He is one of the lucky few who gets to stay during winter lay off, to do the repairs, etc for when we come back. He still lives way in the sticks, with no phone, so calling is out. I tried to even get him a cell phone a few years back, and he wants no part of it. No idea how I grew up without the phone, cable, etc lol.

I will see him tomorrow morn, and I will mention it to him, and make arrangements to gather it up. I'll report back here and to you with what I have, and we can take it from there. Would be great to start though, especially right now.

StanW

Hooligan #8
    Dec 18, 2012
    Western MD
    Day 5.......Still good, not ALL good. I mean, I crave and crave, but I have resisted the urge. So, I guess thats still considered all good. I just feel like yesterday and today has been harder than the first 3 for some reason. At any rate, like I told her today while talking, I have came too far now to give in. I have no doubts that I can do this, but its getting harder, instead of easier lol.

Cool, you proved you can do it. At this point they should be getting easier to control. You'll have cravings for a long time, its been 25 years for me and still get 'em. Stuck in a car in the rain for some reason triggers it, but I laugh at them now.

If you make it to 7 days I'll give your daughter those two boxes of 22 (yeah, you can call it extortion and I'm not above dragging the kids into it) . Its for the children :)

quad

Another Hooligan
    Mar 31, 2011
    Allegany County
    Cool, you proved you can do it. At this point they should be getting easier to control. You'll have cravings for a long time, its been 25 years for me and still get 'em. Stuck in a car in the rain for some reason triggers it, but I laugh at them now.

If you make it to 7 days I'll give your daughter those two boxes of 22 (yeah, you can call it extortion and I'm not above dragging the kids into it) . Its for the children :)

LOL @ draggin the kids into it....Aint fair!! LOL No, as I said, I really have no choice but to quit. I even made a promise to the man upstairs while I was praying for good results. Maybe I am too superstitious, etc but I am way too afraid to welch on that deal. :thumbsup:

*edit*

Actually, the above deal/reason will be what gets me through this......Plus my fear of not seeing my kids grow up. I want to see what they become.

oupa

Apr 6, 2011
    Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Don't give in. You can do this. It WILL get easier.

quad

Another Hooligan
    Mar 31, 2011
    Allegany County
    Day 6 has been going smoooooooth. Only wanted/went for one once this morning. Didnt really want it, but just kind of went to grab one ( didnt even try to grab a cig, just the lighter in preperation to grab a cig lol ) out of instinct I think. I think it triggered it when I seen the lighter of the wifes laying on the table. lol.....Either way, today has been easier than the past 2 days.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Day 6 has been going smoooooooth. Only wanted/went for one once this morning. Didnt really want it, but just kind of went to grab one ( didnt even try to grab a cig, just the lighter in preperation to grab a cig lol ) out of instinct I think. I think it triggered it when I seen the lighter of the wifes laying on the table. lol.....Either way, today has been easier than the past 2 days.

GFY. :thumbsup: It gets a little easier day by day. Old habits are hard to break. It'll take a good month before you stop "reaching" for things out of habit like you used to.

Keep it up!
    :)

quad

Another Hooligan
    Mar 31, 2011
    Allegany County
    Just checkin in....Day 7, doing well. Only had the urge once today when I seen hers laying there lol. I find myself saying I want one, but really, I dont even crave one. Rarely even think of them neither.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Just checkin in....Day 7, doing well. Only had the urge once today when I seen hers laying there lol. I find myself saying I want one, but really, I dont even crave one. Rarely even think of them neither.

Keep it up...:thumbsup:

One day at a time!

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

How are you doing with the ecig?

I noticed that the first 2 weeks of the ecig thing were the worst for me, but after the 14 days passed, I was doing great. The biggest issue I was having was that I wanted that cig in my hand, but no matter what, the ecig couldn't replicate that need. I'm holding up really well with the ecig and whenever I am working with somebody that smokes and they are smoking in front of me, I don't bum a cig, because I don't want one. I'm stepping down the nicotine level as time goes on to be able to quit.

Be forewarned that for the first month to 2 months after you last cig, you will not want to be around anybody who smokes or is smoking. The smell with make you want to vomit.

quad

Another Hooligan
    Mar 31, 2011
    Allegany County
    Actually I am doing ok with the ecig. I fooled with them a few years back. I planned to quit then and I believe I would have but my oldest daughter was in an accident and had to be taken to Baltimore almost a week. My wife went to be with her and I stayed back with the other kids. Stress of worrying and kids made it easier to light up, than drip juice into the set up I was using. I saved thee cigs (ego t ) and the day I quit this time picked up a tank ( kangertech protank 2 ). I can go all day and night without the hassle of refills. I also have a rough stack mod from before too. The day I quit I bought the wife a nice set up in hopes of her quitting but it's not looking real good right now. The smell isn't bothering me much unless I get a strong breath of it. Then I complain. No fancy flavored for me. Its a tobacco blend. I got her some fancy stuff as that's what she wanted. So far I've saved about 70 bucks in the past week. Not sure if you heard of it but the vapor room is local and they're pretty famous on the ecig forums and internet. If u know of any good cape sites to order from, please share.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Actually I am doing ok with the ecig. I fooled with them a few years back. I planned to quit then and I believe I would have but my oldest daughter was in an accident and had to be taken to Baltimore almost a week. My wife went to be with her and I stayed back with the other kids. Stress of worrying and kids made it easier to light up, than drip juice into the set up I was using. I saved thee cigs (ego t ) and the day I quit this time picked up a tank ( kangertech protank 2 ). I can go all day and night without the hassle of refills. I also have a rough stack mod from before too. The day I quit I bought the wife a nice set up in hopes of her quitting but it's not looking real good right now. The smell isn't bothering me much unless I get a strong breath of it. Then I complain. No fancy flavored for me. Its a tobacco blend. I got her some fancy stuff as that's what she wanted. So far I've saved about 70 bucks in the past week. Not sure if you heard of it but the vapor room is local and they're pretty famous on the ecig forums and internet. If u know of any good cape sites to order from, please share.

I go through Mt Baker Vapor primarily for my juices. The only down side to Mt Baker Vapor is that their juices need to steep for 1-4 weeks, because the juice is made fresh the day you order it. On the upside, the prices are fantastic and the steeping is a small price to pay for a 50ml bottle for less than 15 bucks shipped. MBV will also toss in a free sample bottle (15ml) of a random juice flavor. I got Vanilla Butternut on my first order and Sticky Bun on my second order. I haven't tried the Vanilla Butternut, but the Sticky Bun is damn tasty.

I have a Kanger ProTank 2 and a Kanger ProTank 3 for my Tesla mod. I really like the ProTanks on the Tesla. The Tesla is a big mod, but it is a good one.

Just a heads up, in about 2-4 weeks, you will give up the tobacco flavored juice. You will have your own reasons why, but mine was I didn't want to have the taste of tobacco as I was trying to stay away from cigarettes.

A buddy sent me some juice (Mountain Dew and it tastes just like the soda) from a place in San Antonio called Thanks for Vaping. TfV only allows orders over the phone, but I'm going to order another bottle of Mountain Dew from them soon. When I put an order in with MTB, would you like to piggyback on my order? I can bring it up with me when I make the drive west for a Hooligan shoot with psycosteve. I'm planning on putting in an order in about 2 weeks.

http://www.mtbakervapor.com

http://thanksforvaping.com/

StanW

Hooligan #8
    Dec 18, 2012
    Western MD

I guess I owe your daughter some .22! Keep it up

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom