• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    Gunrunners is my fav non ip store.
    Other than glade valley ( and he doesnt stock much) everybody in frederick sucks. I wont buy from gunshack if possible and i wouldnt put a flaming bag of dog shit on the front step of Gun Center for fear of wasting a 2 cent bag, let alone buy anything. They can choke on a dick as far as im concernd.

Don't hold back Bro! :lol2:

I pretty much echo your sentiment, although I did buy a shotgun from gunshack about 10 yrs back (not really a Frederick shop) and they were OK on price and customer service at that time.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    all time favorite;

Jensen Arms Loveland CO.
    $6.8M annually in online sales alone. This store is extremely well stocked.

Second favorite;
    Green Mountain Guns, Lakewood CO.
    Awesome selection of consignment guns out on the floor.

Local area store;
    I'm going to have to go with Gander Mountain in York. I remain unimpressed with local stores, though I haven't been to Freestate yet so that may change.

Next time I'm in Loveland I'll check them out. I love it there.

CHUNKERMD

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    West MD
    Gunrunners in Fredneck.-My local go to shop.
    Loudoun guns in Leesburg, Va -Experienced staff and No.Va. largest in stock dealer
    Buds online -cheap and I can buy at 2:00am

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Gunrunners in Fredneck.-My local go to shop.
    Loudoun guns in Leesburg, Va -Experienced staff and No.Va. largest in stock dealer
    Buds online -cheap and I can buy at 2:00am

I never been to Gunrunners but heard allot of good things about them. I talk to the owner once and he seems like a good guy to deal with.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Otto's Police Supply......Clayton's got weird hours but he has good CS and competitive prices plus I've known him since H.S.

Don't trust on line dealers unless they're wholesalers and even some of them can be suspect.

oldsarge

Old & Crusty
    Jan 14, 2009
    Calvert County
    I've bought quite a few police turn ins from Lawmen Supply in P.G. County. They always have good quality used weapons as well as new ones at great prices for law enforcement. They also have duty ammo at reasonable prices.

Drakos

Outta Control
    Dec 25, 2010
    I think Hendershots is i in Hancock...but aren't they pretty much shut down?

Daveyboysmith

There's a search box?!?!
    Aug 10, 2011
    Ellicott city
    Had a good experience with NOVA Armament in Herndon VA this past weekend. Contacted them about G18 magazines, they were quick to respond and held a couple of them for me to come pick up:thumbsup:

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    Otto's Police Supply......Clayton's got weird hours but he has good CS and competitive prices plus I've known him since H.S.
    How can you find out the hours? I tried looking for the shop one day and didnt find it. Does he stock much? Is it worth dropping by to browse? does he do transfers?

Last edited:

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    How can you find out the hours? I tried looking for the shop one day and didnt find it. Does he stock much? Is it worth dropping by to browse? does he do transfers?

Mostly Fridays and Saturdays. During the week depends on his job. You can also call him and set up an appoitment.

He usually has a good selection of new and used. Glocks, Sigs, Wilson 1911s to name a few new ones.

He pops right up in google fu.

Dowagiac

S&W Member
    Aug 3, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    Nobody mentioned Precision Firearms in Hagerstown, I've never been to the store but their tables at the the last two gun shows I went to in Timonium and York were very busy, they were very knowledgeable and had a large selection, I bought of couple of Magpul parts from them.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Best experience I've had is at 2A Sales and Supplies in Jessup, MD. GREAT service, and some of the best prices I have found on any gun. They have a ton of tactical gear there as well and Mark (the owner) knows his stuff.

I've done business through GunBroker and have never had any issues.

Gun Broker seems like a good place to look for guns but I never seen anything there that I would call a deal. The prices seem very high.

Smokescreen

Knight who say Ni
    Feb 9, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Gunrunners is my go-to non-IP. Nothing but great experiences since my first one. Seems like I'm there weekly.

Non-IP online, I have had good success with Midway and PK Firearms.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Absolutely! I love dealing with the guys at Baltimore's Best Pawn. Always friendly and helpful. And transferring stuff through them is painless.

I went into Baltimore's Best for the first time yesterday and I have to agree the guys seem very nice to deal with. I did think their prices were on the high side for the guns they had for sale.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Give Freedom Armory a try. http://www.freedomarmory.com/

They are just over the PA line up I83 at the Glen Rock exit. We bought our last few guns because I could not find anywhere in MD that could come close to their price. Including the $25 they charge to ship to a MD FFL. Big inventory and a gun range to boot. People are very friendly and very easy to deal with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom