• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Know anything about the Trijicon Reflex 1x24 sights? They look like a good replacement option. I've never shot one though.

Dated tech from 10+ years ago. Tough as nails. No battery. Heavy blue-green tint, probably more than you might expect. No etched reticle, just a big reflected dot. Can be tough to use indoors or in low light. If I bought one, it would be the 42mm version with 4.5MOA dot (available in amber and green).

airsporter

Apr 28, 2011
    Western MD
    Sent mine back 2 weeks ago for a refund. Its a 2005 manufacture, but it died after batteries failed and would not power back up with new ones. Replaced two parts sent by EOTech - one and then another - after first part didn't make it work. Finally authorized to return. When they returned it to me, the resolution of the reticle was severely deteriorated. I had parked it since. Hopefully, I get a refund.

airsporter

Apr 28, 2011
    Western MD
    In most recent issue of AR magazine was a Leupold ad for their new LCO sight - no price listed. I joked with a buddy that they probably wanted $1000 for it. Well . . . no joke! They do.

nerfherder

Apr 22, 2011
    right here
    Got my check yesterday. Sent the sight to them Jan. 27. No emails, and it said on their website they didn't have my sight or information. Weird.

DoubleTap007

Mar 18, 2011
    BelAir, MD
    Seems that its a 2 month process.

I sent mine mid- February. Got an e-mail saying they received it and are processing the check refund in mid-March. I would expect the check to be here by mid-April.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Shipped 1/22, check in today's mail 3/21. Noticed check says "voluntary return."

Midway had a sale going on the Meprolight Trudot, with free shipping, so I figured I'd give it a try - more than $220 less than what I paid for the Eotech XPS-2.0

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    Was approved and sending back two 512s. One I bought used dated 2009 and the other from Gun Connection dated 2012 got $830 for both. Then picked up two AimPoint Pros w/rubber covers for $700. Nice day all around. Chris

Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    I guess I don't see the big deal, I really like my Eotech, and I will in all likelihood never use it in extreme temperatures.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Finally got around to it and sent mine in this week. The approval says 8 - 12 week turn around. I replaced it with the Holosun 503C and I like it so much better than the eotech (512). Same reticle but more precise less bulk and weight and at half the price. The only weakness in the 503C is the mount but I'm ok with it. I'll see how it holds up to running classes this summer.

Gskwared

Supreme Being
    Feb 4, 2013
    Carroll County
    Mailed 2 sights in on Jan 17 a 512 and a MPO kit. They tried to say I only mailed a single sight back but I called Micheal Kroll and I straightened it out. I got my first check last week for $1015 and I am waiting on my second check which should be here next week. The second check should be for $540.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I guess I don't see the big deal, I really like my Eotech, and I will in all likelihood never use it in extreme temperatures.

Better hope you never use it in extreme temperatures. I spoke to someone from an agency last week that just tested various EOTech sights in their inventory. Prior to the testing, they noted contast POA/POI shifts, typically 2-4" at 50 yards if mounted sights were kept in vehicle trunks. Per their testing, when the temperature difference was increased to about 60F, POI shifted by 18"+. The agency is actively looking for replacement sights.

Think about it this way. It's 60-70F inside your house, workplace, or air-conditioned vehicle. It's frigid cold (10F) or blazing hot (100F+) outside. You take a gun with a mounted EOTech from one environment to the other and POI changes by 18"+ at 50 yards. Worthless.

Chevyman85

Feb 14, 2013
    DoCo
    How has the refund worked for those without receipts? I'm sure not everyone has one. I have 6 XPS2's to send back. I have my CC statements with the vendors and prices but no receipts.

For anyone that returned multiple pieces, was the extra $15 s&h refund a once only or for each piece returned? I'm trying to decide if I should send all 6 back in one or multiple shipments.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    How has the refund worked for those without receipts? I'm sure not everyone has one. I have 6 XPS2's to send back. I have my CC statements with the vendors and prices but no receipts.

For anyone that returned multiple pieces, was the extra $15 s&h refund a once only or for each piece returned? I'm trying to decide if I should send all 6 back in one or multiple shipments.
    I had no receipt and just gave them a number that I thought was right. Because mine was bought used at a discount, I probably could have given them a higher number, and they would have approved if it was within the realm of reason. I received the requested amount plus $15 within two months of them receiving the optic. Because I only sent one, I can't address your second question.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    How long did it take you guys to get a response from EOtech after submitting your refund request?
    I got a response within a week (possibly sooner) when I used their webform, and after a little email back and forth (that went quickly), was given authorization to return with the request to print and enclose the email thread.

Unlike some others, they never acknowledged receipt of my optic, so I called them 6/7 weeks after UPS delivered, and they said a check was being cut. About 10 days later, I received the check.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

SoMD_Gen4

Apr 16, 2013
    SoMD
    Been monitoring this thread and have been back and forth on what I was going to do about my XPS2.0. I have never had issues with it not holding zero, but I have been having issues with the reticle dimming. It is almost invisible on really bright days...

Finally decided I've had enough and filled out the online RMA form today. Based on this thread I will expect to get it in the mail by friday, and expect a check around Mid-June.

Now to determine a replacement...

Chevyman85

Feb 14, 2013
    DoCo
    I finally sent in a return request on 6 XPS2's a min ago. I'm hoping the additional $15 refund for s&h they provide is per sight and not per request. Shipping and ins for 6 will be well over $15.

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    I finally sent in a return request on 6 XPS2's a min ago. I'm hoping the additional $15 refund for s&h they provide is per sight and not per request. Shipping and ins for 6 will be well over $15.

I just did my request earlier this week. I was told to put all my sights into one box and the $15 is all i get for shipping. Debating then if i should just send the sights without their plastic boxes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom