• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Shipped 1/22, no confirmation from Eotech yet, waiting

It's been 6 weeks since they received my optic and nary a word from them. I'm leery of sending my other one back until I get a check for the 1st one.

I haven't received an email about the two sights I sent back a month and a half ago. Now I'm worried. USPS showed the package was delivered to them.

I mailed mine back on 24 JAN and didn't hear anything from EoTech so I called. It was received and is processing for repayment now.

I guess their emailing is sporadic. I wouldn't have known if I didn't call. If you are concerned like I was, get some peace of mind an call them.

RickT

Eotech Refund

I just received my checks today.I shipped the sights in on 12/30/15 and was notified on 1/15/16 they had been received and refund was being processed.I didn't make out too bad they sent me $1,512.00 for 3 of my 512's.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Seems incredible that a company like that can't fix the problem and offer repair/replacement. Unless they do have a "fix" but it would cost them more than a refund. Hmm.

Edit: Just googled, and there are plenty of reputable stores still selling Eotech brand new, online. Check for yourself. If there's a known, irreparable defect and mfr. is buying them back regardless of when made, this doesn't make sense. Did they simply re-write the specs and keep selling the same product, is there a fix as of a certain mfr. date that they haven't advertised, or something else?

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Seems incredible that a company like that can't fix the problem and offer repair/replacement. Unless they do have a "fix" but it would cost them more than a refund. Hmm.

Edit: Just googled, and there are plenty of reputable stores still selling Eotech brand new, online. Check for yourself. If there's a known, irreparable defect and mfr. is buying them back regardless of when made, this doesn't make sense. Did they simply re-write the specs and keep selling the same product, is there a fix as of a certain mfr. date that they haven't advertised, or something else?

I've been wondering the same thing myself. Besides the online stores Dicks and many LGS are still selling them. Hard to believe anyone would buy given the known refund program.
    Check mailed 1/19 refund rec 3/19

I loved the sight picture and don't think I'd ever experience e the temp extremes but it sucked batteries like no tomorrow, even when off.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I've been wondering the same thing myself. Besides the online stores Dicks and many LGS are still selling them. Hard to believe anyone would buy given the known refund program.
    Check mailed 1/19 refund rec 3/19

I loved the sight picture and don't think I'd ever experience e the temp extremes but it sucked batteries like no tomorrow, even when off.

It doesn't seem to make sense, does it? There's more to this story than is being told, and now I'm wondering. Just opened this thread, read all of it, and would rather have one that works than the money. Eotech can't be selling brand new ones on Monday, then buying them back on Tuesday.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I just left Cabelas Christiana. They have an entire case top shelf displaying several Eotech models for sale right now. Is Eotech selling a knowingly defective product today, then offering refunds tomorrow? After getting caught and admitting it? Are Cabelas and the rest of the industry going along with it? I doubt it.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I experienced a problem with one of the three I returned. My reason for returning all of them was more about trust then anything else. I will be buying Aimpoint PRO's for replacements.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Returned EoTech 28 January 2016, received check on Friday (18 March 2016). I liked the red dot on my EoTech a lot. The only problem was that it would not hold zero and I had to re-zero it every time I went to the range.

Cal68

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I just left Cabelas Christiana. They have an entire case top shelf displaying several Eotech models for sale right now. Is Eotech selling a knowingly defective product today, then offering refunds tomorrow? After getting caught and admitting it? Are Cabelas and the rest of the industry going along with it? I doubt it.
    Maybe they just changed the language on the packaging, for example advertising that the unit only performs to spec at temperatures in a narrower range.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Shipped 1/22, check in today's mail 3/21. Noticed check says "voluntary return."

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Sight received by EOTech 1/18/16, check cut on 3/11/16, check received 3/21/16. Also noted as a voluntary return.

89BSP

Jun 12, 2013
    Allegany County
    Maybe they just changed the language on the packaging, for example advertising that the unit only performs to spec at temperatures in a narrower range.

They changed the description in the new manuals, at least for the EXPS2 I looked at from the Jan 2010 manual that came with mine, to the June 2015 one that is online now.

They removed the temperature spec range entirely, removed the parallax free spec, changed the sealing spec from fogproof to fog resistant, changed the adjustment spec from 0.5 MOA to Approx 0.5 MOA, and dropped the return to zero after remounting line.

They also removed the shatter resistant spec from the display window, and removed the brightness adjustment range specs.

So, instead of fixing their products, they just rewrote their specs to match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom