• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I'm not a hunter, so I don't get over to this section, but you're implying someone thinks it's ok to poach? Probably complain about control of "da gubberment".

I know a guy like that outside of the forum. Not the brightest bulb. Thinks there shouldn't be licences. Thinks he should be able to hunt or fish whenever/wherever he wants, however often he wants, without quotas. There's no reasoning with him about extinction if everyone is allowed to act like he thinks and quickly wipe out every animal in existence.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I know a guy like that outside of the forum. Not the brightest bulb. Thinks there shouldn't be licences. Thinks he should be able to hunt or fish whenever/wherever he wants, however often he wants, without quotas. There's no reasoning with him about extinction if everyone is allowed to act like he thinks and quickly wipe out every animal in existence.

While I dont agree with some of the hunting rules, I know they should be there for conservation of resources...otherwise you have idiots like you are saying that would just kill everything until there was nothing left..

Feb 28, 2013
    While I dont agree with some of the hunting rules, I know they should be there for conservation of resources...otherwise you have idiots like you are saying that would just kill everything until there was nothing left..

Over-harvesting ruins it for everyone. You've never heard of wildlife management?

For fish, maybe.

Deer on the other hand are a different story. Deer have no predators, other than people. You can't remove a link from the food chain without replacin' it. It upsets the balance of nature. Now deer have populated to the point of bein' a menace, so in my opinion we need MORE huntin', not less.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    For fish, maybe.

Deer on the other hand are a different story. Deer have no predators, other than people. You can't remove a link from the food chain without replacin' it. It upsets the balance of nature. Now deer have populated to the point of bein' a menace, so in my opinion we need MORE huntin', not less.

MD unfortunately let the numbers get overrun...I do agree for MD, you guys need more hunter and hunting, but some states there arent as many deer.

Im glad theres a healthy population for me in Idaho so even with that we can only get one OTC tag and possibly one extra tag per season.

They tried to balance things out here by introducing wolves...and all that did is make things worse.:sad20:

STeveZ

Thank you, Abelard
    Sep 22, 2011
    Aberdeen, MD
    Hunting and fishing licenses are ********. Any argument to the contrary is a battered statist opinion.

The alternate is the European system where the land and the game is owned and managed by private individuals essentially restricting the sport to the wealthy and seriously eroding popular support for hunting and dare I say, firearms ownership. Look across the Atlantic for the battered statists.

travistheone

Usual Suspect
    Dec 11, 2008
    cockeysville
    Just saying that it pisses me off to walk out to the shore or reservoir and need a license to fish.

I buy a license because I am rule follower but that doesn't mean I think they should exist.

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie
    For fish, maybe.

I agree with you, but it still needs to be regulated. Look at the Buffalo, There were millions of them around with no predator except us, and without regulation we hunted them to near extinction.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    If the state started issuing Bicycling Licenses, people would go full-on ape shyt.

Or kite flying. Or skateboarding. Or running. Or R/C cars. Or Picnicking. Or any other GD thing people do as a form of recreation.

But because evil people want to kill the shyt out of little furry critters and things that go swim-swim, they get charged a fee.

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie
    If the state started issuing Bicycling Licenses, people would go full-on ape shyt.
    But because evil people want to kill the shyt out of little furry critters and things that go swim-swim, they get charged a fee.

The state charges a fee to those people who use services that they (the State) spends money on. The state spends money on the conservation of the land and the fisheries, so those that use them, are charged a fee to do so.

Do you think that states like Texas require licenses and charge fees for them because they think hunters and fishermen are evil?

STeveZ

Thank you, Abelard
    Sep 22, 2011
    Aberdeen, MD
    Just saying that it pisses me off to walk out to the shore or reservoir and need a license to fish.
    I buy a license because I am rule follower but that doesn't mean I think they should exist.

I strongly support fish & game laws because they protect the resource and the sport. But I guess I can understand your dislike of licenses.

I support them because the people depleting the resource pay extra to help manage it and the money stays in the state.
    Its a little like a gas tax. Through our income taxes we all* pay for the roads that benefit us all, but the users (gas buyers) pay more.
    (*The reality is a productive minority of us pay income taxes to the benefit of the majority, and then get it a second time at the pump.)

On the other hand, how many people don't try hunting or fishing because they don't want to go to the trouble and expense for one day trip? Or like me, skip a year because you may only go once (fishing, not hunting).

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    The state charges a fee to those people who use services that they (the State) spends money on. The state spends money on the conservation of the land and the fisheries, so those that use them, are charged a fee to do so.

Do you think that states like Texas require licenses and charge fees for them because they think hunters and fishermen are evil?

Does the state spend money on the upkeep of public parks?

Litter, cutting grass, seeding, tree pruning, etc.?

Does the state spend money on the upkeep of public roadways?

Litter, painting of lines, fixing potholes, maintaining stop lights, etc.?

If folks are going to use public parks as recreational areas and public roadways as recreational areas, then they should pay a fee for using those public areas.

Because the state is spending money maintaining those public areas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom