Carrying a handgun on apartment property?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Thanks for your response!
    My most likely situation would be a patio on ground level immediately out the front door and off to the side. I would not be easily visible because there is a wood enclosure on 3 sides with narrow slots. The balcony was hypothetical.
    Technically open carry of a loaded long gun is legal in most of Maryland. Your neighbors and police may not appreciate it but it is legal in most Maryland jurisdictions. Where is your apartment located? You should also review your lease so you don't get evicted.

bobbygege

Mar 5, 2014
    Technically open carry of a loaded long gun is legal in most of Maryland. Your neighbors and police may not appreciate it but it is legal in most Maryland jurisdictions. Where is your apartment located? You should also review your lease so you don't get evicted.

Harford County. My lease does not address it. Would I have a problem if someone called the police?

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Harford County. My lease does not address it. Would I have a problem if someone called the police?
    Let's see, a police officer shows up and sees a man in an apartment complex in Maryland open carrying a rifle.... My guess is you will end up face down and handcuffed if you are lucky. If you are not lucky you may end up shot. While long gun open carry would be legal in your county I would suggest a call to the sheriff's office ahead of time to alert them so you can avoid being shot if you insist on doing this. Search for the long gun open carry thread on here and download the Attorney General opinion on long gun open carry, keep it with you if you do this. Also get someone to video tape it, we would all love to see how it goes. You are likely to have a better chance of success with this then someone in Montgomery or PG county. I still wouldn't recommend it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom