• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Looks like I'm not going to be able to make this one, as on Monday morning I'll be starting a project in of all places Carroll county, Mt. Airy to Westminster.
    Anybody know of a place to rent for a couple of construction workers?

When are you heading down this way? Maybe you could stop by for a howdy-do if you're still around Friday/Saturday.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Glad you like it. :)

A few steaks on the grill, fire pit going, hot tub bubbling, fishing and horseshoes should make for a great time.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Hmmmmm....decisions, decisions.

Or anytime Saturday :). Just come up Friday!!!!

We'll figure out the cost per person Saturday at dinner. It'll be based on how many nights people stay and the room situation.

5 of us are planning to go up Friday :)

OP updated.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012

We'll figure out the cost per person Saturday at dinner. It'll be based on how many nights people stay and the room situation.

OP updated.

See you Friday!

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    I'm lookin' forward to this union of the Carroll County Crew (the Lou crew) and the Hooligans. Maybe it'll be called the Carroll-Hoolie Crew event, episode 1. I'll bring the.....................drum roll please

.............MDS FLAG.

I know, y'all was hopin' I'd say ammo.:D

You should bring the MDS stained glass artwork also!

CATMdude

I like turtles
    Dec 29, 2012
    Frederick
    We are 90% on coming up Friday. We just need to find a tortoise sitter for two days. Hopefully the neighbors are available.

Feb 28, 2013

OP updated.

I'd come up Frida night, but I doubt if you guys will want me showing up at midnight. :)

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    You should bring the MDS stained glass artwork also!

I'd like to but..............I'm afraid it'll get broken.

OP updated.

Can we get there earlier than 4 PM Friday??? I'd like to get a start fishin' ASAP for some fish grillin' for Friday dinner. :D:yummy:

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    For those so inclined, perhaps a side visit to RWB in Oakland is in order.

I stopped in there today and met Chad. He has some beautiful 308 bolt actions on his wall - one a "bubble" barrel design due to the indentations and the other a fluted design. He showed me his current project - a 308 bolt with Proof Research barrel.

See: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=149298
    And: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=140874

Proof Research: http://proofresearch.com/barrels/

Also, I68 at Exit 22 - Chesnut Ridge Road - is a back-way to the Savage range. There is a Comfort Inn and a Valero gas station/convenience store.

The Valero gas station sells ammo. Many rifle calibers like 303 Enfield, 8mm Mauser, 30-30, 30-06, 6.5x55, WBY in various calibers, 22-250, 220 swift, 223/556 boxes and larger, and 7.62x39 non-corrosive spam cans, PPU 7.62x54R, etc.

Other than being moderately impressed, I almost fainted when I saw 9x18 Makarov CCI Blazers on the shelf. Lots of other handgun calibers also.

Prices seemed okay - not good but not outrageous either. The CCI Blazer Makarov was $29.99 / 50ct - Midway has it listed at $24.99 but OOS. The PPU 7.62x54R was $19.99 for the 20ct box - SportsmanGuide has it for $14.99.

No Tokarev, though.

As for 22LR ... ... ... not a damn cartridge ANYWHERE - not the Valero, not the LaVale Super WM, not the Oakland Super WM. :sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom