• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 28, 2013
    So you're tryin' to tell two things here:
    1. If they let us in, they'll be kickin' our asses out before we hit the sheets.
    2. They'd let mopar in so as long he was leashed and paper trained.

I dunno. One look at you or me and they might barricade the doors.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Its not really tourons to worry about. With the turnout that is listed, its going to be very difficult to accomadate that amount of people at the Savage. Its a small DNR range, and not enough target stands for each station at the moment. There are at least 3 target stands that have been in disrepair for months.

Parking will also be an issue.

How many vehicles can the parking facilities hold?
    Is it possible to bring our own target holders/stands?

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Probably 8 cars maybe a few more without blocking someone in. Target stands would be fine but they need to have legs/feet that sit on the ground I believe the range is mostly gravel so sticking it into the ground is difficult.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Probably 8 cars maybe a few more without blocking someone in. Target stands would be fine but they need to have legs/feet that sit on the ground I believe the range is mostly gravel so sticking it into the ground is difficult.

Are you a Hooligan? Will you be coming? Have you as tentative right now...

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    If I do ill be carpooling as long as mooseman can make it.

Im hooligan 06 :)

Im trying to confirm if I have a little league tournament that day.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County

Would a normal sawhorse or similar devise do??? Mounting the target holder on top or under that??? On top for offhand shooting and under for prone.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Given the backstop I dont see why not but I should probably defer to joe or rock on that as they shoot there more often.

I think they would be fine though the stands there are tall stands.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    The Carroll County Crew (along with anyone else who wishes to come along) will be visiting the Hooligans the weekend of May 17-18 (the weekend between Mother's Day and Memorial Day Weekend) up in Western Maryland. I can't wait to visit my old college stomping grounds and meet these hardy fellas!

The Hooligans (4570inMD, buff7mm, Mooseman, StanW, j8064 and stu929) are IN! :party29::party29:

Looks like those Hooligans like to get started early... So here's the tentative plan:
    * Depart late Saturday afternoon
    * Arrive in time for dinner/meetup (recommendations?)
    * Stay over (recommendations?)
    * Wake up for a shoot out :)
    * Head back home afterwards

Anyone interested is more than welcome to come along - you don't have to be a CCC member or Hooligan to join in... Just say the word and you are in.

P.S. please don't quote this post for thread replies, as it is fluid as plans develop..

In (traveling delegation side):
    Lou45 (interested in group house rental)
    Mopar92 (interested in group house rental)
    Engine4 (interested in group house rental)
    Sling Blade (interested in group house rental)
    ShallNotInfringe (interested in group house rental)

Arcamm (no response yet on rental)
    Chevellenut71 (no response yet on rental)
    CATMdude plus GF (no response yet on rental)

Engineerbrian (day tripping - Sunday only)

I might be able to convince my buddy HTCJ (MDS member) to go, and if he is in, then I am in. I just need to get in touch with him to find out what he wants to do. He and I have a Cabela's run schedule for 5/17 early in the morning and it is unknown when we will be getting back to MD on 5/17.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Looks like I'm not going to be able to make this one, as on Monday morning I'll be starting a project in of all places Carroll county, Mt. Airy to Westminster.
    Anybody know of a place to rent for a couple of construction workers?

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    It sounds like there will be a great disturbance in The Force.

Yeah, but I have a plan that'll neutralize and eliminate that disturbance of the Force. Buff will be workin' on RT27 durin' the day, I'll be scootin' down 27 durin' the day to get to work. Here's how it plays out:

1. I see Buff along side 27,
    2. I have the "disturbance neutralizer/eliminator" loaded and pumped to maximum pressure in my buggy ready for use.
    3. I pull out said "disturbance neutralizer/eliminator" device and stick the muzzle out the side window.
    4. I slowly pass Buff while discharging the "disturbance neutralizer/eliminator fluid" upon him (a big stream of water from the super soaker squirt gun). :D
    5. Now watch Buff be lookin' over his shoulder, wonderin' when it's goin' to come down.

Don't worry Buff, I gotta' find a kid that's got one of those things and hope he leaves it out on the lawn overnight so I can secretly "borrow" it for a month or two. :lol2::D

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Yeah, but I have a plan that'll neutralize and eliminate that disturbance of the Force. Buff will be workin' on RT27 durin' the day, I'll be scootin' down 27 durin' the day to get to work. Here's how it plays out:

1. I see Buff along side 27,
    2. I have the "disturbance neutralizer/eliminator" loaded and pumped to maximum pressure in my buggy ready for use.
    3. I pull out said "disturbance neutralizer/eliminator" device and stick the muzzle out the side window.
    4. I slowly pass Buff while discharging the "disturbance neutralizer/eliminator fluid" upon him (a big stream of water from the super soaker squirt gun). :D
    5. Now watch Buff be lookin' over his shoulder, wonderin' when it's goin' to come down.

Don't worry Buff, I gotta' find a kid that's got one of those things and hope he leaves it out on the lawn overnight so I can secretly "borrow" it for a month or two. :lol2::D

I'll give you a target to aim for.:moon: :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom