• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    I hope she didn’t sell them for what you told her you paid for them.

That hit me in the feels.
    IMG_2470.gif

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    His next follow up thread might be, "Anybody know a good criminal defense attorney. Asking for a friend."
    Well, I did recommend the "recommend a divorce lawyer" thread. Not going to lie, I've been checking the Frederick News Post headlines in the last couple of days to see if something'd matched up should the "civil" solution not be the one chosen by the OP.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Then I would be dead.

I have the ultimate trust in my wife thank god and she does in I.
    I have the same situation with my wife.

The big issue with having trust of this magnitude is when it is broken, especially after decades of it being in place.

Imagine having this level of trust and then coming home to all the guns being sold and her asking for a divorce, or finding out she is having an affair. Prior to my wife, I had trusted an ex-fiance, only to find out that she had been cheating on me for somewhere around 3 months before telling me the relationship killer, "I don't want kids." Then, three months after we break up, I hear through the grapevine that she is pregnant and marrying this other guy. Sometimes, lessons have to be learned the hard way. Granted, that was 20+ years ago and I count my lucky stars that I never said "I do" to her, because that relationship would have been miserable. Over my 20 year relationship with my wife, we have had as many fights as I had with that ex-fiance in a single year.

I think the hardest thing to deal with in life is being betrayed by somebody that you trust and respect emphatically. I am praying I never have to live through that with my wife. As it is right now, I trust my wife, children and parents emphatically.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I have the same situation with my wife.

The big issue with having trust of this magnitude is when it is broken, especially after decades of it being in place.

Imagine having this level of trust and then coming home to all the guns being sold and her asking for a divorce, or finding out she is having an affair. Prior to my wife, I had trusted an ex-fiance, only to find out that she had been cheating on me for somewhere around 3 months before telling me the relationship killer, "I don't want kids." Then, three months after we break up, I hear through the grapevine that she is pregnant and marrying this other guy. Sometimes, lessons have to be learned the hard way. Granted, that was 20+ years ago and I count my lucky stars that I never said "I do" to her, because that relationship would have been miserable. Over my 20 year relationship with my wife, we have had as many fights as I had with that ex-fiance in a single year.

I think the hardest thing to deal with in life is being betrayed by somebody that you trust and respect emphatically. I am praying I never have to live through that with my wife. As it is right now, I trust my wife, children and parents emphatically.
    Been there. Sigh.

I know me though and someone else will gain that level of trust from me again. This time around I’ve learned a lot more lessons.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    My wife doesn't know the combinations for the safes. Also I'd kill her, so there's that. There's no coming back from that egregious act in my opinion. I guess I'd have to take out the BIL as well. Sorry that happened to you Wawa. That is the biggest dick move I have heard of from a wife in a long time.
    Bountied, I had a friend who made his own troubles. He and his wife eventually split but sadly not until he had his guns taken away by the Sherrifs. My summation is that it was due to drinking excessively and at least one possible unaccounted for discharge while in his garage which certainly unnerved his wife. So, he essentially surrendered his ownership of at least 15-20 really nice guns to the Carroll County Sheriff's dept. She essentially red flag lawed him before there was a red flag law. The sherrif's showed up with a few vans and took all his guns to their storage area until further notice. We even wondered if somehow we could not have stored them at our place, or even if our friend who is an FFL, Brownstone Trading Co, could not have retained them with stipulations.

The worst part is, after his divorce, there were no criminal charges or abuse scenarios that made him prohibited, he could have written to the gov't and gotten his collection back. BUT despite being sober and even beginning to attend church and his working at turning his life around, he essentially was unwilling to make the minimal effort to regain his awesome guns.

Myself and his other friends could only shake our heads.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Or maybe he realized it was STFU Friday and has since contacted the Police, or a lawyer who told him to STFU???

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom