• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    In Maryland there is: their property, her property and his property.
    Her Jeep (in her name) is hers. His 4Runner (in his name) is his. The house and furnishings are theirs.
    EX- woman's shoes size 7 cannot be claimed as mutual property. Men's pants size 38x32 cannot be claimed as mutual property. The house, sofa, TV, silverware, etc. are mutual property.
    An attorney will chime in with better details.
    You likely missed it, but one did upthread.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Even if I pissed my wife off to the point where she sold my guns out of spite, I seriously doubt she could sell them all... heck, I'm not even sure where they all are ;)
    Mrs. Cantstop and I were rummaging through the basement when she asked what's in these boxes in the corner? I responded they were the empty shipping boxes from my C&R rifles. Of course, she said "This one's not empty." And, another sub $100 Mosin appeared. :D

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    In Maryland there is: their property, her property and his property.
    Her Jeep (in her name) is hers. His 4Runner (in his name) is his. The house and furnishings are theirs.
    EX- woman's shoes size 7 cannot be claimed as mutual property. Men's pants size 38x32 cannot be claimed as mutual property. The house, sofa, TV, silverware, etc. are mutual property.
    An attorney will chime in with better details.
    When I was doing work as a divorce financial analyst the guiding protocol had to do with segregated or comingled assets. If husband and wife share a checking account forested with their two paychecks, anything purchased utilizing that account is a marital asset. If one spouse inherits money that is a non-marital asset--unless it is comingled with marital assets. In that case the money no longer enjoys status as a non-marital asset. So if a joint account was used to purchase the firearms they would likely be considered marital assets. I spent more time working to identify the ownership status of individual assets than I spent working on the division of the marital assets. Devil...details.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    A spreadsheet with the make, model, serno, purchase date, etc. would help the OP in this matter.

I'm guessing the OP is dumbstruck that his guns are gone and he's not sure what to do next. I'm also hoping that his wife didn't sell them to pay off his medical bills.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Why did you give your wife the combination to your Gun Safe?

My Wife and Daughter only get my Combo, Iventory and Disposition Details of said Iventory upon my Death and execution of my Last Will and Testament.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Why did you give your wife the combination to your Gun Safe?

My Wife and Daughter only get my Combo, Iventory and Disposition Details of said Iventory upon my Death and execution of my Last Will and Testament.
    Might be that he trusted her once upon a time. My wife knows the combination to all my safes. Let me rephrase that. I have given my wife the combination to all my safes many times. She tends to forget them.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    OP joined in 2005 and only has 461 posts. He may not regularly use this site, or have limited access. Given what he is probably going thru at home, I would give him a day or two to respond.
    Also sounds like having some serious medical issues.

D&Ds

Aug 16, 2022
    Indian Head
    When I was doing work as a divorce financial analyst the guiding protocol had to do with segregated or comingled assets. If husband and wife share a checking account forested with their two paychecks, anything purchased utilizing that account is a marital asset. If one spouse inherits money that is a non-marital asset--unless it is comingled with marital assets. In that case the money no longer enjoys status as a non-marital asset. So if a joint account was used to purchase the firearms they would likely be considered marital assets. I spent more time working to identify the ownership status of individual assets than I spent working on the division of the marital assets. Devil...details.
    :thumbsup:

Zaicran

MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2010
    Morganza, MD
    Off topic here, but what if I wont the lottery and cashed in and put the money into my personal (non joint) account? Mine or marital?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I hope she didn’t sell them for what you told her you paid for them.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Forsooth?

If true, that makes me sad.

Perhaps your daughter doesn't need to have it, but your wife?

Heavy sigh.

What doesn't make you sad, my melancholy friend?

They both have access to their own guns for SD/HD

If they want something from the Armory then they just need to ask their Dad-at-Arms.

You and Fabian never served in the Military so you don't understand or recognize certain protocols .

There are many reasons not everybody gets the Launch Codes or access to the Weapons until needed.

So as one Shepard said to the other Shepard,

"Do you have any more Flocking questions?"

Last edited:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Might be that he trusted her once upon a time. My wife knows the combination to all my safes. Let me rephrase that. I have given my wife the combination to all my safes many times. She tends to forget them.
    Lol. That’s been my problem. Now…maybe I am not so sad about that lack of memory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom