Beretta USA Announces Decision to Move Its Entire Maryland Manufacturing Capabilities

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Glad they made the announcement today to counter the news about the court date for sb281

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    It's unlikely DeMarco has a canned response. Doesn't need one. Way too many sheep take whatever he spouts at face value and can't be bothered to ask questions or think.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    It's unlikely DeMarco has a canned response. Doesn't need one. Way too many sheep take whatever he spouts at face value and can't be bothered to ask questions or think.

Of course he had a canned response.
    * if murders were up he'd say the law needs more time.
    * if murders were down he'd say mission accomplished.

About a 50/50 chance of either.

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    Well, given the anti gun climate in MD I certainly can't blame them for wanting to leave. I do feel for the families that are uprooted in the process. As much as I'd love to be living back west, our lives are here right now.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Well not that big of deal..there are plenty of companies that need skilled machinists and a few hundred thousand feet of light industrial space in PG county....oh wait.

On one level, Im glad they thumbed their nose at Maryland, but unfortunately the people responsible will not be harmed at all. It's really a shame.

This is why the elections will be so critical.

We promised to pay them back in 2014... well, it's here.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Of course he had a canned response.
    * if murders were up he'd say the law needs more time.
    * if murders were down he'd say mission accomplished.

About a 50/50 chance of either.

With all the engineers, scientists, rocket scientists, analysts, and statisticians who are members here, it seems that somebody ought to be able to discredit that bs in very short order and in a scientific way.

When you are working with a relatively small number of data points in a universe with lots of moving parts like Demarco is, he can spout just about anything until called on it.

MDNavyVet

Mar 25, 2013
    PG County
    Glad to see Beretta moving the entire operation to TN. Better to do it now than have to do it later when Maryland legislators decide to add more insanity to the mix.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Counter??

Not quite sure what you mean by that.

"Push down", I can see, but I didn't think there was anything to counter.

I heard more news snippets on the beretta story than on the sb281 court case story. I think beretta released the news this afternoon on purpose.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    By this logic, MSI closing up shop wouldn't be a big deal, either.

We need all the help we can get. Beretta leaving is not helping.

This may or may not help us. Sometimes, things have to get worse before they can get better.

This does send a message that there are ramifications for actions. Personally, I do not blame Beretta. Thing is, if Beretta and its lobbyists could not crush SB281, the primary went the way it went, etc., I think the ONLY hope in Maryland is the 4th Circuit or SCOTUS.

If I am going to stay in Maryland, I think I need to resign myself to the fact that the 2nd Amendment will be wittled away little by little as they can do it unless it is stopped by the Courts.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Glad to see Beretta moving the entire operation to TN. Better to do it now than have to do it later when Maryland legislators decide to add more insanity to the mix.

It isn't by accident that Beretta has been in business since the 1500's. It knows something about self preservation in challenging times and circumstances.

clay_shooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 27, 2011
    MoCo
    It escapes me how anyone can see this as good.

They followed through with their threat. Good.

We just lost leverage in the legislature. The next session is going to be worse without any corporate support. Southern Maryland lost jobs. The state lost an employer.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Hate to see people lose their jobs but its about time Beretta stuck up for 2A.

Beretta is back on my "ok to buy from" list.

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    Any Beretta employees who get the chance to move with the company should jump at the opportunity!

Yep. The ones who I know signed the relocation agreements in a millisecond. Too bad that some have local family, but Tennessee is a great place to live and work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom