Beretta USA Announces Decision to Move Its Entire Maryland Manufacturing Capabilities

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Beretta U.S.A.’s production of the U.S. Armed Forces M9 9mm pistol will continue at the Accokeek, Maryland facility until all current orders from the U.S. Armed Forces have been filled.

I wonder when their contract expires?

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Maryland does not deserve the tax revenues nor the jobs that Beretta provides. I wish Beretta the best of luck and apologize that Maryland is such as vile and moronic state.

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    Good for Beretta. I hope that each and every employee gets the option to move to Tennessee. Sucks if anyone gets laid off, but the blame isn't really on the company but on an unfriendly business environment.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I wish Beretta very well. Maybe after this HQL thing goes down in flames, I'll get a 92.

It's unfortunate that it came down to this.

MovingFusion

Dec 29, 2012
    Well not that big of deal..there are plenty of companies that need skilled machinists and a few hundred thousand feet of light industrial space in PG county....oh wait.

On one level, Im glad they thumbed their nose at Maryland, but unfortunately the people responsible will not be harmed at all. It's really a shame.

HICAPMAG

Mar 2, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Bravo !

And I think it is great that all those employees will get a chance to move out of this peoples' republic. Let's face it folks, this state sucks

:party29:

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    Ye shall reap what ye shall sow. I doubt anyone but Beretta employees and members of this forum will care a whit about the move out of state.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Any Beretta employees who get the chance to move with the company should jump at the opportunity!

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    Win win for Beretta and employees alike if you ask me. I think Beretta in TN helps us on the national level. Joining forces with others in that area.

Don H

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hazzard County
    The story on the SB 281 challenge and the Beretta move just aired on WJZ. Vinnie Demarcco (VD) says the new law is responsible for a 25% drop in gun deaths.

K.C.Dean

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Buds Creek
    One of the reasons I bought a guns that Beretta made because it was from Maryland. I am sure Tennessee is giving them a tax exemption. I was talking to a neighbor about this happening last year. The writing was on the wall so not a big surprise.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    If anyone asks DeMarco to explain, in detail, how and why he comes to that conclusion, what would he say? What's the retort?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom