• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    What do you consider hoarding? Ive got about 1000 rounds of each caliber I own aside from .45 im running low and 22 ive got about 3500 rounds.

I go shooting every week though and blow through a couple hundred rounds at a time. Im starting to cut back since prices are making it hard to keep going as much as I do.

I personally wouldnt call that hoarding though

bama47

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 9, 2013
    Marylandistan
    Eldersburg WM -- no truck tonight so no new ammo inventory tomorrow. This is the last advance notice from this location I guess (note my post earlier about this wm).

bama47

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 9, 2013
    Marylandistan
    DSG in hunt valley told me that it is true that they never get trucks in on the weekends. I was told there was some talk about holding back some of the ammo inventory for weekend sales but upper management does not want to do that and hated the idea.

T'Challa

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 24, 2013
    Wakanda
    What do you consider hoarding? Ive got about 1000 rounds of each caliber I own aside from .45 im running low and 22 ive got about 3500 rounds.

I go shooting every week though and blow through a couple hundred rounds at a time. Im starting to cut back since prices are making it hard to keep going as much as I do.

I'd say you were hoarding if you are not shooting a couple hundred rounds of the same caliber each weekend.

mdjohn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    Harford county
    Nevermind. I just called the store and they are out. Thank you Hoarders and resellers. I am so going to call my rep and push to make resale of ammunition illegal or require some sort of license. ;)

This is why there is an ammo shortage. smh.

http://www.armslist.com/classifieds/maryland/ammo

now that's brillant

they will take your idea and make it better by adding a ammo database that you can only buy so much, have a paid background check and have to show an id and have to buy a license to buy ammo

many stores don't even sell ammo anymore

and might as well tax it like cigaraettes

$6 cigarettes used to cost 30 cents before the politicians

you'll just give the anti's a reason to ban ammo sales

best not to get the politicians involved
    IMHO

T'Challa

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 24, 2013
    Wakanda

now that's brillant

they will take your idea and make it better by adding a ammo database that can only buy so much and have to show an id and have to buy a license to buy ammo
    and might as well tax it like cigaraettes

$6 cigarettes used to cost 30 cents before the politicians

best not to get the politicians involved
    IMHO

So what is the solution? I am not on the rightwing bandwagon of less gov't. nor am I leftwing with the tax and spend stuff. The reason cigs went up so much is because the gov't allowed big tobacco to lie to and harm people and make a ton of $ while they did it. Now they tax big tobacco into submission. All I'm saying is, in a free market society, there must be balance and that balance starts before the gov't gets involved. There must be balance among the people. why buy up all the ammo and hoard or resell. You don't see fat people buying up all the Krispy Creme donuts and tastycakes. They buy what they need and leave some for the rest of us fatties. Now that is solidarity..... literally. :lol2:

mdjohn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    Harford county
    politicians did a great job fixing the perceived gun problem in america and in maryland didn't they, not to mention all the ammo they bought - did they have a 3 box limit

they created the so called ammo shortage

give it time and it will be fine

Moon

M-O-O-N, that spells...
    Jan 4, 2013
    In Orbit
    So what is the solution? I am not on the rightwing bandwagon of less gov't. nor am I leftwing with the tax and spend stuff. The reason cigs went up so much is because the gov't allowed big tobacco to lie to and harm people and make a ton of $ while they did it. Now they tax big tobacco into submission. All I'm saying is, in a free market society, there must be balance and that balance starts before the gov't gets involved. There must be balance among the people. why buy up all the ammo and hoard or resell. You don't see fat people buying up all the Krispy Creme donuts and tastycakes. They buy what they need and leave some for the rest of us fatties. Now that is solidarity..... literally. :lol2:

The reason there is an ammo shortage is the government created a panic. The free market has nothing to do with it.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    I am not on the rightwing bandwagon of less gov't. nor am I leftwing with the tax and spend stuff. The reason cigs went up so much is because the gov't allowed big tobacco to lie to and harm people and make a ton of $ while they did it. Now they tax big tobacco into submission. All I'm saying is, in a free market society, there must be balance and that balance starts before the gov't gets involved. There must be balance among the people. why buy up all the ammo and hoard or resell. You don't see fat people buying up all the Krispy Creme donuts and tastycakes. They buy what they need and leave some for the rest of us fatties. Now that is solidarity..... literally. :lol2:

There are very few problems in the world that couldn't be solved by removing government from the equation.

And "big tobacco" didn't harm anybody, people who smoke harm themselves. Nobody shoved a cigarette down their throats and made them smoke it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom