• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Well you have to follow it all the way... how many that are saved after being shot go on to commit murders when they hit the streets again...

Lets face it, many of these deaths are of people we will be happy not to have around anymore. The tragedy is those "civilians" killed and the environment it creates.

The Police force even if perfect, which I know they are not, have been neutered by the courts and legislature. If the courts will not give justice and the legislature will not end pointless laws creating huge black markets... really what can you ask the police to do? This is another case of shooting them messenger. Lets get mad a shock trauma for the murder rate because they were not able to save more people after they were shot... No lets blame the guns for shooting them... anything to deflect from the real issues.

I will also note that if these guys were running around with MGs, the public would demand we deal with the issue as we did with Prohibition! The guns were not the cause of the problem but forced us to deal with it. Now without bad MGs to blame, we are content to let blood continue to flow since it does not sound as scary and it happening in other people's hoods. All involved should be ashamed. However no one is worst in my opinion than the White Liberal who acts likes he cares so much about minorities and yet continues to push policies destroying minority families and neighborhoods. Not that they are sparing the White families and neighborhoods but the results are much worse in Minority neighborhoods.

:thumbsup: Good post. Another question is of those that died, how many times were they shot or shot at in the past? If the survived the 2013 shooting how many more times will they be shot before the receive the burial they rightfully brought upon themselves? How many innocents are caught in the crossfire as these "poor souls" who didn't have the benefit of a stable home are shot at by one another? Choices is what it is really about. There are plenty of "poor souls" who came up in the same environment and made different choices and became productive members of society.

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    I knew a homicide detective in Alabama and he called these killings Misdemeanor murders: one drug dealer killing another etc. sort of like having an automatic trash removal system.
    A buddy of mine who worked homicide for MPD called them 'twofers'. getting two off the street for the price of one - one in dead, one in prison.

90gsx

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 12, 2011
    Parkville
    The city needs to stop protecting the criminals.

Next time some one in they city is arrested for a murder, Do a MD case search on them. I will guarantee you that they will have a extensive record and shouldn't have been out on the street and im not talking about petty crimes. Most of them have been arrested previously for armed robbery, attempted murder, handgun violations ect.

That is the problem with this city.

strapped

Aug 27, 2012
    Carroll County

Blackstar65

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2010
    If the Police took a week off Baltimore would turn into a Mad Max movie. When a large majority of the citizenry that are victims or witnesses to crime refuse to cooperate with the Police for one reason or another you have crime stats like that. Instead of complaining become part of the solution.
    http://www.baltimorepolice.org

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Instead of complaining become part of the solution.
    http://www.baltimorepolice.org

May I ask how joining the police is part of the solution... I think we pretty much covered how the police are not the guilty party and can't really solve this problem... So if the solution is joining the police, then they are guilty of not doing good policing according to you???

It might be a better place after being burned to the ground ;)

Certainly depends on how you view it. Living in Catonsville, it may be better unless the population moves out my way after the City is burnt...

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Not sure how the homicide numbers honestly reflect on the PD. They can only do so much in the middle of it all.

I will say the city is a TOP DOWN FAILURE on many levels to include the police department. If you have a hour and really care to read it the research document ordered my Batts is an interesting read.

City moral rate among officers was less then 20%. Few had faith in their supervisor knowing what to do or having their best interest in mind. Few thought the promotion process was fair. Equipment is either not issued, not maintained, or not replaced.

The court system is a joke and as a result many officers just fail to show up. This leads to a lot of the "Nolle Pros" cases as the first thing a defense attorney is going to do is request a trial once the officer isn't present. This oddly enough is not entirely on the department. Many summons are received with less then 2-4 days notice.

Again even with the issues in the department I do not see how the homicide numbers reflect directly onto the officers or the department. The COMMUNITIES, courts, local government, police department, citizens, etc ALL take a piece of that pie.

Oh and in the past the officers have taken "strikes" or work stoppages of the sort. I'm sure some old timers like Road Dawg can comment on how that turned out for the city.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Honestly, I really don't know why anyone would want to be a cop these days. It's a horrible, thankless job. Anyone asking me about joining my department is quickly advised against it.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    My brother was a city cop. Made sergeant. Resigned after 12 years when one morning in court the judge (a black female) walked in, sat down, and said to the bailiff "Ain't no black men going to jail today!". My brother and three other officers protested, she told the stenographer to strike her comment from the record. As far as I know all four of the police officers resigned that afternoon.

These are his words how he described the situation to me. I wasn't there and will not say this is true, only it's what he said when he told me he had quit.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    My brother was a city cop. Made sergeant. Resigned after 12 years when one morning in court the judge (a black female) walked in, sat down, and said to the bailiff "Ain't no black men going to jail today!". My brother and three other officers protested, she told the stenographer to strike her comment from the record. As far as I know all four of the police officers resigned that afternoon.

These are his words how he described the situation to me. I wasn't there and will not say this is true, only it's what he said when he told me he had quit.
    As horrible as that was and I'm sure still is, politics put that judge there. So long as the city keeps placing absolute frauds into power, this won't change.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Just went to the Sun's murder map for the last 30 days and picked a random victim then ran his name in MD case search.
    No less than 25 entries for his name that matches his age/birthdate. All but two are criminal. The remaining two are traffic.
    Not saying it's typical but it sure is telling. I'll try a few more but this was the first case I found.
    If anyone is interested, tha name is Devlon Cates born in '83

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    As horrible as that was and I'm sure still is, politics put that judge there. So long as the city keeps placing absolute frauds into power, this won't change.

Those same politics are responsible for things like SB281, and are the reason why MD doesn't have CCW. Everything they do favors the criminal element, their own pockets and their own re-election campaigns. It also allows them to keep the poor ignorant.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    Those same politics are responsible for things like SB281, and are the reason why MD doesn't have CCW. Everything they do favors the criminal element, their own pockets and their own re-election campaigns. It also allows them to keep the poor ignorant.

The question for us is, "How do we break that cycle?"

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍

And then extend this out to the way our military has been handled for decades...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom