• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Frankly, I don't see how Baltimore Police can do anything about it. They can't make drugs legal and so end the black market fueling the fire. They can't hang people to make the crime not worth committing. They can't declare marshal law and just round up those doing the crime.

If I was put in charge and really wanted to make a difference, I would sell a ton of cheap Saturday night specials at Church gatherings and tell them that murders of Drug dealers will not have priority in Police services. Then maybe the people can take care of the problem that the Police are unable to do.

However the larger problem is the liberal social programs that have destroyed the family and the traditional way of American life. How can the Police deal with that.

I fault the police for corruption and violating Normal Citizens liberties. However I tend to think the Murder rate is higher when they are doing their job. If they are taking out high level drug gangs, thats when the murder rate goes up to fill the void in power in that area. Its when the police are on the payroll that drug gangs settle in and the killing slows.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    But SB281 is going to make us all safer. Marty OweMalley promised us.

HQLs and 10 Round Mag Limit should make those drug dealers and gang bangers think twice before breaking the laws.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    tumblr_lvnrphlPlx1qfeqsqo1_500.jpg

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Interesting statistics.

The Detroit statistic would be more meaningful if people weren't fleeing in droves. From 2000 to 2010, Detroit lost 25% of it's population.

*DC up 26%....Holy crap!

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    It is sad that parts of our US cities are run by gangs. The police report to government officials who are well meaning, but clueless (or in the worst cases, corrupt) at how to support the police.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    It is sad that parts of our US cities are run by gangs. The police report to government officials who are well meaning, but clueless (or in the worst cases, corrupt) at how to support the police.

You are half right. We break up monopolies for a reason: they result in poor, overpriced, products and services. Giving labor unions [or the govt] a monopoly on police services is bound to result in poor, overpriced police services. The ultimate competition is that the citizens themselves should be allowed to carry guns to protect themselves.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...-year-end-crime-20131228,0,7568799,full.story

Baltimore homicide: up 8% so far

Detroit: down 15%

SRB and Batts should be embarrassed given that Detroit Police had to cut back extensively on emergency and non-emergency services. It's almost like the BCPD is worse than having a skeleton police force or none at all.

Detroit homicides are down so significantly because everybody is leaving the city. lol There just aren't enough people to murder. Finding people in Detroit is like finding an elk in Maryland.

cryptoman

Dec 27, 2011
    One statistic I would like to see is how many people are shot in the city. If we did not have one of the best shock trauma systems in the country, I am sure the number of fatalities would be much higher.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...-year-end-crime-20131228,0,7568799,full.story

Baltimore homicide: up 8% so far

Detroit: down 15%

SRB and Batts should be embarrassed given that Detroit Police had to cut back extensively on emergency and non-emergency services. It's almost like the BCPD is worse than having a skeleton police force or none at all.

Michigan is a shall issue state. The law abiding in Detroit can carry. This as we all know is NOT the case for the regular folks in Baltimore. :sad20: More proof that shall issue works even when/where the Police are afraid or unwilling to Police as they are in many neighborhoods in Detroit.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    One statistic I would like to see is how many people are shot in the city. If we did not have one of the best shock trauma systems in the country, I am sure the number of fatalities would be much higher.

Well you have to follow it all the way... how many that are saved after being shot go on to commit murders when they hit the streets again...

Lets face it, many of these deaths are of people we will be happy not to have around anymore. The tragedy is those "civilians" killed and the environment it creates.

The Police force even if perfect, which I know they are not, have been neutered by the courts and legislature. If the courts will not give justice and the legislature will not end pointless laws creating huge black markets... really what can you ask the police to do? This is another case of shooting them messenger. Lets get mad a shock trauma for the murder rate because they were not able to save more people after they were shot... No lets blame the guns for shooting them... anything to deflect from the real issues.

I will also note that if these guys were running around with MGs, the public would demand we deal with the issue as we did with Prohibition! The guns were not the cause of the problem but forced us to deal with it. Now without bad MGs to blame, we are content to let blood continue to flow since it does not sound as scary and it happening in other people's hoods. All involved should be ashamed. However no one is worst in my opinion than the White Liberal who acts likes he cares so much about minorities and yet continues to push policies destroying minority families and neighborhoods. Not that they are sparing the White families and neighborhoods but the results are much worse in Minority neighborhoods.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Well you have to follow it all the way... how many that are saved after being shot go on to commit murders when they hit the streets again...

Lets face it, many of these deaths are of people we will be happy not to have around anymore. The tragedy is those "civilians" killed and the environment it creates.

The Police force even if perfect, which I know they are not, have been neutered by the courts and legislature. If the courts will not give justice and the legislature will not end pointless laws creating huge black markets... really what can you ask the police to do? This is another case of shooting them messenger. Lets get mad a shock trauma for the murder rate because they were not able to save more people after they were shot... No lets blame the guns for shooting them... anything to deflect from the real issues.

I will also note that if these guys were running around with MGs, the public would demand we deal with the issue as we did with Prohibition! The guns were not the cause of the problem but forced us to deal with it. Now without bad MGs to blame, we are content to let blood continue to flow since it does not sound as scary and it happening in other people's hoods. All involved should be ashamed. However no one is worst in my opinion than the White Liberal who acts likes he cares so much about minorities and yet continues to push policies destroying minority families and neighborhoods. Not that they are sparing the White families and neighborhoods but the results are much worse in Minority neighborhoods.

I knew a homicide detective in Alabama and he called these killings Misdemeanor murders: one drug dealer killing another etc. sort of like having an automatic trash removal system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom