• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    We have been focusing on the short term advantages of changing our voter registration to DINO (Democrat In Name Only), in order to vote out the anti's in the primary elections. There is a longer term advantage to having lots of DINO's, that is when the controlling party gets to redraw voting district lines they have no way of knowing who among the registered Democrats are really conservatives. Therefore they will gerrymander into the districts some of the people they are intentionally trying to disenfranchise.

Go and register DINO, then get out and vote, against the people who ban your guns and raise your taxes.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Devil's advocate: Electronic voting machines make it simple to know which voters voted for which candidates in each district. With most people as stupid as they are in this country, I think we can count of voter anonymity being tossed out the window soon enough.

tapeman1

Ultimate Member
    Aug 31, 2012
    Severna Park, MD
    As I've said before, registering DINO and voting out the incumbents doesn't make a difference if you don't replace them with candidates who are less hostile to 2A rights. Good luck with that in this state.

altima98

Apr 6, 2008
    As I've said before, registering DINO and voting out the incumbents doesn't make a difference if you don't replace them with candidates who are less hostile to 2A rights. Good luck with that in this state.

I looked up the candidates for my District Moco, I am screwed.:tdown::tdown:

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County

It makes a HUGE difference...even if the "replacement" is anti it sends a signal to the incumbent that they are not "safe". Most of those folks in the legislature care about self preservation of incumbency, first and foremost.

BeerHunter

Don't ReMember
    Feb 13, 2013
    SoPROM

Not exactly true! Even if the only "replacement" candidate has the same 2A stance, throwing out the incumbent still has a chilling effect on future candidates AND more importantly, it reduces the junior representative's or senator's power in the General Assembly because they haven't yet gained seniority on whatever committees they end up on.

Twanger

DINO and NRA Life
    Mar 4, 2013
    Poolesville
    We must get organized.
    It is not enough to simply avoid voting for the incumbent.
    We must collectively decide which person to vote for and not spread our votes around.

tapeman1

Ultimate Member
    Aug 31, 2012
    Severna Park, MD
    Not exactly true! Even if the only "replacement" candidate has the same 2A stance, throwing out the incumbent still has a chilling effect on future candidates AND more importantly, it reduces the junior representative's or senator's power in the General Assembly because they haven't yet gained seniority on whatever committees they end up on.

OK. Good point. :thumbsup:

fire_medic

Nov 16, 2008
    Calvert County
    Both my Senator, Dyson (D) and my Representative, O'Donnell (R) voted against the SB281 package. I intend on trying to keep both of them and my changing to a DINO would serve no purpose. Am I correct in this assumption?

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Both my Senator, Dyson (D) and my Representative, O'Donnell (R) voted against the SB281 package. I intend on trying to keep both of them and my changing to a DINO would serve no purpose. Am I correct in this assumption?

you sir are correct. The intent of the DINO is to vote out the incumbents in the coming primary (specifically those that voted FOR 281).

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Beating the incumbent is a win, even if another dem gets in since the new one will have less power and standing. If the Republicans can stay in they will have more power in the long run if the dems are turning over every election.

The dems will also have to start spending more $$ on their primaries to hold their seats. Face it, the primary is the only chance we have to threaten their seats at all! In the general election most are very secure. However, again, if we beat the incumbent in the primary the new candidate may be beatable.

I'm not looking for a 2A candidate since I don't think I'll find one often. I'm just looking for the dem which is NOT the incumbent for now.

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Beating the incumbent is a win, even if another dem gets in since the new one will have less power and standing. If the Republicans can stay in they will have more power in the long run if the dems are turning over every election.

The dems will also have to start spending more $$ on their primaries to hold their seats. Face it, the primary is the only chance we have to threaten their seats at all! In the general election most are very secure. However, again, if we beat the incumbent in the primary the new candidate may be beatable.

I'm not looking for a 2A candidate since I don't think I'll find one often. I'm just looking for the dem which is NOT the incumbent for now.

But to be clear....we certainly wouldn't want to vote out an incumbent that is 2A friendly. Focus should be squarely on the anti's.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Maryland only allows persons registered as a Democrat of Republican to vote in their respective party's primary.

Last edited:

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    Does anyone know how we could educate like-minded people (those fed up with taxes, illegal immigration....anything the Dems shove down our throats)?
    I'd be happy to put signs in my yard and possibly take out a billboard, but I don't want to have any "problems" encouraging Carroll County folks to DINO.

For those wondering, DINO in conservative districts does matter because we still have the governor, AG and such to vote out of office.

cbrenner

Jan 31, 2011
    Behind the Iron Curtain
    In my district both Senator and Rep are 2A friendly. My reason for wanting to switch to DINO is for the new Governer. I want to put the weakest Dem. up gainst the Republican nominee then vote for the Republican in the general election.

Am I wrong in my thinking?

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    In my district both Senator and Rep are 2A friendly. My reason for wanting to switch to DINO is for the new Governer. I want to put the weakest Dem. up gainst the Republican nominee then vote for the Republican in the general election.

Am I wrong in my thinking?

Nope, I'm doing the same exact thing, neighbor

altima98

Apr 6, 2008
    Are you one of them? WTF not? We are coordinating primary challengers down here as well as conservative opponents. Even Dems in this District have always been pro 2A. We had a few sellouts who are truly vulnerable.

What are you talking about, one of them what, I looked up the candidates in my district and most are anti-2a and so far I see no challengers listed at least not democrat to the incumbents I could be wrong.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

For the initial change, I disagree, the object is to get anyone in that would be a freshman, with no power, no pull and will definitely have the authority on an committee they get appointed to.

That give us 4 years to come up with a 2A (and other stances) friendly politician to back in 2018.

Remember, this won't happen overnight, next year or even the election cycle after that. This is a longterm mission, and if you are not in it for the long haul, then DINO may not be for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom