• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FXWG

Oct 21, 2008
    Aberdeen
    Here is my letter.

Dear Delegates,
    I am writing to you to show my support for HB52. I am asking that you allow it to be brought up for a vote and you vote yes for it.

Thank you,

XXXXX

Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    From one of the Reps:

Dear Mr. CBBurke:

I do support this bill. Unfortunately, this is not going to get out of Chairman Vallario's drawer.

That is the truth.

Susan McComas

jhason

Jan 29, 2009
    MontCo
    I got 2 quick responses. See below:

Thank you for writing to express your thoughts on gun legislation introduced during this session of the Maryland General Assembly and pending before the House Judiciary Committee, on which I sit. There are currently 12 bills related to gun owner rights and responsibilities before the committee, and likely more bills will be voted out of the Senate and then be considered by the House. There has been a great deal of interest in HB 52 and HB 207, as well as some others. I have voted in favor of HB 207 over the past several years, and it has won support in the House but has failed to pass the Senate.

As the committee receives hearing testimony and debates the various gun-related bills this year, I will keep your concerns and thoughts in mind. You can keep up to date on the status of each bill at the following website address: http://mlis.state.md.us/2010rs/subjects/guns.htm. After all have been heard and considered by the House Judiciary Committee, I will send an email explaining the final outcome.

Thank you greatly for writing and letting me know your thoughts on this important policy.

Gerron S. Levi
    Maryland State Delegate (District 23A)
    Bowie, Woodmore, Lanham-Seabrook, Glenn Dale, S. Laurel
    301-858-3101
    410-841-3101
    gerron.levi@house.state.md.us
    =======================

The bill is literally in the hands of the Committee Chairman, Joe Vallario. It is he and only he who determines if and when we can vote on this bill. The only person next to God who has influence with the Chairman is the Speaker of the House.

Susan McComas - District 35 B
    ========================

E-mail sent. If I get a response I'll post it.

Jhason

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    I got 2 quick responses. See below:

Thank you for writing to express your thoughts on gun legislation introduced during this session of the Maryland General Assembly and pending before the House Judiciary Committee, on which I sit. There are currently 12 bills related to gun owner rights and responsibilities before the committee, and likely more bills will be voted out of the Senate and then be considered by the House. There has been a great deal of interest in HB 52 and HB 207, as well as some others. I have voted in favor of HB 207 over the past several years, and it has won support in the House but has failed to pass the Senate.

As the committee receives hearing testimony and debates the various gun-related bills this year, I will keep your concerns and thoughts in mind. You can keep up to date on the status of each bill at the following website address: http://mlis.state.md.us/2010rs/subjects/guns.htm. After all have been heard and considered by the House Judiciary Committee, I will send an email explaining the final outcome.

Thank you greatly for writing and letting me know your thoughts on this important policy.

Gerron S. Levi
    Maryland State Delegate (District 23A)
    Bowie, Woodmore, Lanham-Seabrook, Glenn Dale, S. Laurel
    301-858-3101
    410-841-3101
    gerron.levi@house.state.md.us
    =======================

I got the same response from Delegate Levi... I like how she diverted attention away from the bills I wrote about and mentioned voting for the civil immunity bill. I'm going to write her back expressing how glad I am that she understands the importance of people being able to defend themselves, and to please support the "repeal of finding requirement" and "reciprocity" bills, so that people can protect their families outside the home, like in 40 other states. I feel that will sway her. :sad20:

jhason

Jan 29, 2009
    MontCo
    I just sent an e-mail to Susan McMomas to ask her if she would support HB52 if it makes it past the committee. She mentioned that the only other person besides God that would have influence would be the Speaker of the House (Michael E. Busch).

I'll see what her response is and then will fire off an e-mail to Mr. Busch.

Jhason

I got the same response from Delegate Levi... I like how she diverted attention away from the bills I wrote about and mentioned voting for the civil immunity bill. I'm going to write her back expressing how glad I am that she understands the importance of people being able to defend themselves, and to please support the "repeal of finding requirement" and "reciprocity" bills, so that people can protect their families outside the home, like in 40 other states. I feel that will sway her. :sad20:

jhason

Jan 29, 2009
    MontCo
    Here is another response that I got:

The Chairman of the committee is holding HB-52 and not allowing it to receive a vote.
    In order to get reciprocity for out of State, Right to Carry Permits, I need for you to call and write to your delegates and senators and tell them you want this bill. It is important and will make a difference.

Thank you for your support.

Yours in Public Service,

Delegate Mike D. Smigiel, Sr.
    District 36-Upper Shore
    Office: 410-841-3555
    Fax:410-841-3535

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Here is another response that I got:

The Chairman of the committee is holding HB-52 and not allowing it to receive a vote.
    In order to get reciprocity for out of State, Right to Carry Permits, I need for you to call and write to your delegates and senators and tell them you want this bill. It is important and will make a difference.

Thank you for your support.

Yours in Public Service,

Delegate Mike D. Smigiel, Sr.
    District 36-Upper Shore
    Office: 410-841-3555
    Fax:410-841-3535

I have contacted all on the House Judiciary.... Ask to vote Yes and get this bill on the floor for a vote.
    I called the 3 delegates in Frederick county, none on House Judiciary committe.. Anything else I could do....please let me know...

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    I just called Mike Smigiels office. talk to chief of staff...Andi she said her name
    was.. Wonderful lady and big help. She said to call to both Vallario and Rosenbergs
    office and Ask "When are you going to vote on this Bill?" They should represent
    the people and not their personal opioni on this.
    please call now

Appointed by House Speaker:
    Joseph F. Vallario, Jr., Chair (410) 841-3488, (301) 858-3488
    Samuel I. Rosenberg, Vice-Chair (410) 841-3297, (301) 858-3297

Rosenberg's office said the the "chair" Doesn't desk drawer bills so they will not be heard"

shawn

Oct 23, 2007
    I just sent an e-mail to Susan McMomas to ask her if she would support HB52 if it makes it past the committee. She mentioned that the only other person besides God that would have influence would be the Speaker of the House (Michael E. Busch).

I'll see what her response is and then will fire off an e-mail to Mr. Busch.

Jhason

I feel like Susan McMomas telling us that the Speaker of the House has influence over Vallario is very telling.

How many people have sent emails to Vallario asking him to schedule a vote on this bill and other bills we want?

He simply will not do it.

The way it is supposed to work is the politicians actually listen to their constituents.

So we need to think of an additional strategy.

Politics nowadays is obviously about power, influence and favors.

We need to put pressure on the people who have influence and or power over Vallario and Frosh.

Maybe we could make the speaker scared about not getting re-elected. I know re-election is on all of their minds considering what happened in Massachusetts.

These Tea Parties are on the minds of all politicians now and clearly the Tea Parties work. Maybe we let them know that if they don’t start listening to their constituents that there will be consequences come election time.

And we should say to our representatives that are supposedly on our side that we want them to promise us that they will not work with the anti-gunners on ANY legislation. Politicians always need allies and if the anti gunners all of a sudden can’t get any of their legislation passed maybe they will think twice about not compromising on gun bills.

It’s great that our representatives say “I will vote yes on this bill if it comes to a vote” but it doesn’t mean a whole lot if these bills never come to a vote. We need them to actively try to get these bills to a vote. I don’t think we should blindly support them because they SAY that they will vote yes on our bills IF they come to a vote. Its time they start SHOWING us that they are trying to accomplish our goals instead of just talking about it.

Thoughts?

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    I wanted to respond, but then after reading up to the last page, the whole conversation deteriorates into people saying "whats that have to do with maryland?" and ignoring what everyone says. Its useless to attempt to argue with an idiot. especially one that thinks they are right and they are speaking for "ALL marylanders".

It's now closed:mad54:

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Dear Mr. Pollock:

It will be very interesting how the General Assembly is going to square this with the Attorney General recent decision regarding recognizing out of state same sex marriages.

Susan McComas - District 35 B

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Very interesting comment to Mr. Pollock... how can they (dems) say let's recognize other states opinions on one issue, then out the other side of their mouth say not on this issue.

A few thoughts, that will keep me out of politics, I'm sure:

- Many of these people are simply jumping on the band wagon to support their delegate, never mind the familiar similarity we see in names, lots of family members posting there I'm just guessing.

- Our much beloved Michael Smigiel should not have to post for us and respond to these ill informed political pawns, that's our job. As one of them stated, it is beneath him, but in a different way, to have to be the target of their support for their candidate, who's obviously a fence jumper. I suggest we try to engage Saqib Ali directly, quietly. I'm pretty sure if he understood what these issue were really about, and he hasn't completely sold his soul to the Democrats, he may be swayed and his constituents would follow. Please don't fight these people, educate not debate.

- At the end of the day, most of these people must believe we live in some kind of utopia. You never need a gun until you need one desperately. The day one of these (not all of them, some can be swayed), anti-gun Obama-Saqib-Hassan-Ali supporters gets robbed, or their home invaded, they will be instant pro-gun folks. The sad reality is that when you take guns away, violent crime increases, then the pendulum shifts the other way, unless a tyrannical government makes this natural cycle impossible. Pray this doesn't happen in America.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom