• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Squad40

$240 worth of pudding
    Mar 28, 2009
    It might be more helpful to educate the individuals whose comments you have issue with. We need to not divide our side of the fence. Please help us by being a postive poster yourself. The 2nd ammendment issues are rahter strong and sometime people are not bale to articulate their responses in a positive manner. I am not trying to start an argument but asking for your help with this by steering the coversation in a postive manner.

I wasn't talking about anyone on our side of the fence.

Papi4baby

WWJBD
    May 10, 2009
    California
    I wasn't talking about anyone on our side of the fence.

I think he knows that.

But what he is trying to say is that, if you are going to join the disscusion do it Ina positive and educative manner. Don't go down to their level, remember there's a good chance that the people that might be againts HB52 are just not well educated on firearms or how the system is setup. And most likely are also afraid, because once again is something that they may not know.:thumbsup:

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    Correct. This is a public forum and we need to try to take the high road in all aspects of this. You never know when a troll might use our words against us.

kwcraft

No witty username
    Apr 7, 2009
    NOT MARYLAND
    Long thread on this topic on the Baltimore Sun forum: http://talk.baltimoresun.com/showthread.php?t=232368

I wanted to respond, but then after reading up to the last page, the whole conversation deteriorates into people saying "whats that have to do with maryland?" and ignoring what everyone says. Its useless to attempt to argue with an idiot. especially one that thinks they are right and they are speaking for "ALL marylanders".

krucam

Ultimate Member
    Bumpity Bump...

Del Smigiel is reporting the obvious in that HB-820 (Firearms Safety <gag> Act) was intended to "balance" pro and anti 2A bills, in effect forcing Chairman Vallario into not forwarding any of them.
    See FB Fans of HB52

Fans of HB 52: Maryland Recognition of Out of State Concealed Carry Permits The liberals are introducing several very onerous second amendment bills, most recently HB-820 which amounts to registration is called the "Firearms safty act". It will do nothing to promote firearms safety. The bill is being filed to force the Chairman to keep the pro second amendment bills, like HB-52, in the backroo...m drawer. The argument goes if I release the good I have to release the bad.

Fans of HB 52: Maryland Recognition of Out of State Concealed Carry Permits This is done on purpose. First as you say the liberals are just playing up to thier liberal constituency but more important these bills are used to keep the pro-second amendment bills from getting out of the Chairman's back room. The Chairman takes the position that if he lets the pro-second amendment bills out then he has to let the bad anti-second amendment bills out also. So the effect is no good bills get passed.
    I will fight the bad bills with everything I have because I see them as anti american, anti constitution and dangerous.
    That being said, I believe we have the best chance we are going to have for years to come to get a vote on some of the good bills. The dems are running scared of the T-party folks and worried that the patriots turning out in the streets are going to work against them in the next election. ... See More
    We need to be loud, constant and focused on the members of the committees who are not with us.

We need to put as much effort into HB-52 (Reciprocity) as we do with HB-683 (Repeal of Finding for CCW) bill. Please contact Chairman Vallario to put these bills forward for a vote and not be swayed by the "white noise" being introduced...
    :party29:

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Boy I wish someone like Dan Riley or one of the pro-2A dems would motion the bill out of committee, like what they did with the Death Penalty.

I forget the name for it.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Boy I wish someone like Dan Riley or one of the pro-2A dems would motion the bill out of committee, like what they did with the Death Penalty.

I forget the name for it.

The name for it is "It ain't happening again on these peoples' watches".

They've been told that this is not an option anymore.

krucam

Ultimate Member
    It seems kinda weird, but not only must I live in a very 2A area of MD, but I'm not the only one to sensor what I post to this very pro 2A forum, but give 'them' my real info. Why the heck are we doing that? At least I give you all my real personal email. LOL.

I feel it appropriate to "censor" my personal info on this (or any other forum). I'm totally open when going to our representatives. Censoring my name, address, phone number, email address on a "public forum" makes sense...

Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    Bumpity Bump...

Del Smigiel is reporting the obvious in that HB-820 (Firearms Safety <gag> Act) was intended to "balance" pro and anti 2A bills, in effect forcing Chairman Vallario into not forwarding any of them.
    See FB Fans of HB52

We need to put as much effort into HB-52 (Reciprocity) as we do with HB-683 (Repeal of Finding for CCW) bill. Please contact Chairman Vallario to put these bills forward for a vote and not be swayed by the "white noise" being introduced...
    :party29:

Let them both out and lets defeat HB-683 on the floor and get HB-52 passed.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Let them both out and lets defeat HB-683 on the floor and get HB-52 passed.

Well, we really don't want to defeat HB683 :innocent0

.:D

I know....I can't keep them straight all of the time myself.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Remains to be seen, but we have no choice but to proceed to our fullest abilities. The alternative is to do nothing, which is unacceptable....at least to me.

Yes, Sir... I totally agree. My opinion is be agressive and proactive
    as possible and to the full extent of the law.:thumbsup:

Mr BoomStick

Jan 27, 2010
    Hagerstown
    I loved reading those comments the tools who posted there all self righteous and smug are the same tools who come running or cry when people turn their heads or walk away when they are in serious trouble. Then they want you to open up on them all rambo. A bow and arrow or sharpened stick is just as lethal so is a pencil if used properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom