• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brentb636

Nov 16, 2013
    Holland, Mi
    S&W 2d and 3d gen semi-autos . I love the 39xx series single stacks, and just picked up a 669 double stack. When they fit, they fit ! My only plastic gun is a Kahr PM9 for pocket carry. Best SD trigger in my opinion of the small striker guns.

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    The cream of the crop of the 9 mm Parabellum is the P 08 Luger of course. I don't have one, but that is a need to be filled. Then number 2 is the Browning Hi-Power. I have a Inglis Hi-Power. Walther P38 or postwar P1 as the first double action auto pistol, but not a favorite of mine.

For more modern models, CZ75 is a go. Not interested in Glocks. If I had to go with a modern auto pistol, S&W M&P 45 or 9 might be of some interest.

Rockfish

Feb 26, 2013
    I stopped by 2a just now and put my hands on a CZ p01 and realized it was the gun. They gave me what I thought was a good price and I'm glad to support a local ip. Pics to come.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I stopped by 2a just now and put my hands on a CZ p01 and realized it was the gun. They gave me what I thought was a good price and I'm glad to support a local ip. Pics to come.

:thumbsup::party29:

That's why I won't pick one up. Spent way too much lately and if I touch one I fear the same thing will happen :D

screamingeagle

Mar 7, 2010
    Your statement doesn't match your avatar which doesn't jive with your screen name.

Darn new guys.

:D

Against popular opinion I like the High Power better than the Luger.

Modern gun I like the M9 I don't know why so many don't like them.

Rockfish

Feb 26, 2013

I hope all my paperwork goes through quick. I can't freakin wait to get this thing to the range.

Walton Feep

Sep 29, 2012
    Good choice OP! I have a P-01 as well as the 75B. I have over 1000 rounds through it and only one failure to feed. That was because it hadn't been cleaned in about 500 rounds!

From my experience, it will take some effort to rack the slide due to the design - the slide is narrower than most pistols and the pistols are stiff but reliable. If you want to try an optic, CZ-USA now sells a combination slide racker RDS mount that accepts most popular models.

MarylandWillWin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 23, 2015
    Baltimore
    I am very very partial to the FN offerings, both X and S versions. FN seems to relish being very very late to market with designs, but getting them to be very good. The FNS is bested in my opinion only by the VP9 although I admit I've not shot the PPQ yet.

Other stuff I can second ( or 3rd 4th etc) are the Sigs, Glock 17, M&P.

Rockfish

Feb 26, 2013
    After picking up my CZ I may start looking into polymer pieces. I have a mental checklist of pistols I want and it sadly continues to grow. Next one will probably be chambered in .45 though.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I deeply regret not buying a half-dozen of the P7 PSP German Police refurbs that were selling for $600 a pop a couple years ago. Wonderful pistols, gas-piston retarded blowback, compact, all steel, never to be made again. Only possible problem was the odd manual of arms due to the squeeze-cocking action.

Rockfish

Feb 26, 2013
    I deeply regret not buying a half-dozen of the P7 PSP German Police refurbs that were selling for $600 a pop a couple years ago. Wonderful pistols, gas-piston retarded blowback, compact, all steel, never to be made again. Only possible problem was the odd manual of arms due to the squeeze-cocking action.

I hadn't seen those before. Will keep my eyes out for those incase I ever see one. Looks really interesting.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Hi Power and/or FEG clone, esp 1980's

Sig P226 ... esp if you can find one with both of the trigger upgrades (short reset and short reach)

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    In a fit of pique, I decided to rent a bunch of double-stack 9mms. Including the FN, Beretta, Glock, and Sig. I decided, after much deliberation, that I didn't particularly care for the feel of the plastic pistolas, and stuck with my CZ-75b. After seeing a video of Angus Hobdol, I picked up a CZ SP-01. I sold my CZ-75b and have been happy ever since. I am now currently pimping out my SP-01 for 3-gun. That is all.

ShoreShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2013
    This is very opinionated, but you wanted opinions.

Once you try a DA/SA with a good trigger you won't find a striker fired M&P or Glock acceptable again.

I own a Sig P229 Enhanced Elite that has the short reset / short reach trigger. Best I have experienced. I also own a HK P30, which is a very nice pistol but in my opinion a clear #2 behind the Sig. A Walther PPK will give you the same experience but is altogether different in so many ways.

I'd love to try a CZ some time.

After owning these, my M&P was quickly sold. It was way outclassed by my others. And by the Glocks I have rented at ranges.

My two cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom