• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Breaking news.....

0.jpg

They think it revolves around THEM.

No kidding? Wow! You learn something new everyday.

Jarhead FLSTI

Aug 31, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I just picked up a lower from an FFL and can tell you that he was so busy there is no way he had time to call anyone.

Like others have posted... Why don't you call him?

thomfantomas

Crna Ovca
    Feb 15, 2013
    Дундак ex Florida Keys
    so now they're saying must wait on the background check to be faxed back? but today marks the 9th day! i guess the need more thorough investigation on my clean rap sheet.i can legally take possession of my purchase yes? the owner was hesitant when i told him it's 8 days.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    That's kind of funny since all the hoopla last year about 7 day release without a ND received back from MSP. If the FFL has not gotten a disapproved back in 7 days, he can release the firearm. MSP admitted this during the backlog last year.

Who's the FFL?

IANAL

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I had to wait an extra day b/c the 77r did not go through (unsure why). The FFL refaxed it the next day.

If you are in limbo are you 100% sure the 77r went through? Mostly I am under the impression ND are coming back next business day. You might be in limbo for no good reason - faxes do get lost.

If the FFL has proof the 77r went through, seems to me pre-Oct rules apply, 8th day release, even if the ND did not come back? If you have bought regulated firearms from this FFL before, they wont release, maybe time to find a new FFL?

bowoah

GlockBlock
    Jul 1, 2014
    PG County
    It took me about that time. They call once they get your paperwork from state police I thought.7-10 days

I did my paperwork on sunday last week. Which is same as Monday Nd I got my phone call this past Wednesday afternoon.

thomfantomas

Crna Ovca
    Feb 15, 2013
    Дундак ex Florida Keys
    It took me about that time. They call once they get your paperwork from state police I thought.7-10 days

I did my paperwork on sunday last week. Which is same as Monday Nd I got my phone call this past Wednesday afternoon.

i never had this issue before.but then again we are living in the FSAdecade2014.and for those who weren't condescending/disrespectful thanks for the feedback:thumbsup:

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Even though the paperwork comes back in 3 days, you have to wait the full 7 days to be legal.

These days, I see no reason to call over an ND, just go in 8 days later and pick up.

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    I've bought a lot of guns over the years...

I typically tried to buy from dealers somewhere near my home...

I have never received a phone call from a dealer saying my gun was ready for pick up...

I have received an e mail a time or two saying the my "transfer" had arrived & I needed to come in to do the paperwork...

So if I was in a rush to take delivery of my new gun, on the 8th day I'd simply go over to the dealer & pick it up...

I think it still works like that...

Similarly my dry cleaner doesn't call me to tell me my shirts are ready for pick up...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom