• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • embermage

Sep 20, 2013
    Rising Sun
    you are not alone. An 07 I moonlight for has had several 4s come back in the last year dated, "signed", and marked approved but WITH NO TAX STAMP on the form. I know because one of them was mine. 2s are taking forever to process, which in turn holds up 3s and 4s. incompetence at best, active resistance to performing duty at worst. I no longer am nice. I demand a supervisor whenever contacting NFA branch. And have the paperwork (and law, if pertinent) handy.

Moonlight? :P You in the service?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Wow. The MD statute says a SBR or SBS that is federally registered is legal in MD.

Now they are pulling laws out of their arses

010 Maryland Code
    PUBLIC SAFETY
    TITLE 5 - FIREARMS
    Subtitle 2 - Rifles and Shotguns
    Section 5-203 - Possession of short-barreled rifle or short-barreled shotgun.

§ 5-203. Possession of short-barreled rifle or short-barreled shotgun.

(a) Prohibited.- A person may not possess a short-barreled rifle or short-barreled shotgun unless:
    (1) the person, while on official business is:
    (i) a member of the law enforcement personnel of the federal government, the State, or a political subdivision of the State;
    (ii) a member of the armed forces of the United States or the National Guard while on duty or traveling to or from duty;
    (iii) a member of the law enforcement personnel of another state or a political subdivision of another state, while temporarily in this State;
    (iv) a warden or correctional officer of a correctional facility in the State; or
    (v) a sheriff or a temporary or full-time deputy sheriff; or
    (2) the short-barreled shotgun or short-barreled rifle has been registered with the federal government in accordance with federal law.
    (b) Burden of proof.- In a prosecution under this section, the defendant has the burden of proving the lawful registration of the short-barreled shotgun or short-barreled rifle.
    (c) Penalty.- A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 5 years or a fine not exceeding $5,000 or both.

Send the examiner a copy of the MD statute and see what they say then.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Wow. The MD statute says a SBR or SBS that is federally registered is legal in MD.

Now they are pulling laws out of their arses

Send the examiner a copy of the MD statute and see what they say then.

Thanks man. I'll definitely do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom