• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Anyone esle having issues with form sent to BATF? I've mailed 3 sets of 2 each and 2 were apparently lost because I heard nothing back. I sent a 3rd set and one came back but the other nothing.

WTF is going on in Martinsburg?

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    I sent two sets early June and got them back late July. I used my trust name and some items listed were SBR's that were under 29 inches and machineguns, if that tells us anything. Transporting from my address in MD to an address in PA.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    I submitted one on 2 Sept via a trust. After three weeks, I rang ATF and was told they're a bit backed-up. The agent located my submission, okay'd it via email the next morning and I received the approved form two days later.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Your still waiting for those? If this is one you may have mentioned before maybe call. I had one returned in a similar time frame. It seems they return those in batches ... every month or so, good luck.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The first batch I sent were returned because I did not put the leading zeros on the serial number. Corrected them 2 months ago and sent them back. never received anything. Sent another set it, got 1 back. The other- nothing.

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    I sent three sets in the same envelop on 10/31. Received them today 12/12. They were stamped approved on 11/15.

sundaeman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 16, 2008
    Just got off the phone with NFA about one from August I never got back. It was approved in August, but I never got the approval back. Need to write a letter asking for a copy.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Same thing. wrote a letter a month ago. My original form went in July. sent two more still nada

so far on the letter-nada.

That place is FUBAR

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    From incorrect interpretations of MD law as it relates to SBR's, to lost paperwork, the place is getting FUBAR.

I did manage to get a Form 4 back on a can in less than 8 moths, so it's not a total loss yet. At least they didn't lose my stamps.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    I sent in a set a couple months ago and only got 1 back. I called them up and they didn't have a record of the one they sent me back, only a record of the one they didn't send me.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    more proof how FUBAR BATFE NFA Branch is.

I'd drive the damn forms to Martinsburg if I thought it would help.

it won't

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    4 months after I submitted the 5320.20 to replace the one NFA Branch lost from last July, I received it today.

4 months.

Something is seriously FUBAR in Martinsburg IMO.

rtruhn

Sep 12, 2013
    Gwynn Oak
    So here is my tale of incredulity. I moved in November (intrastate). BATFE no longer accepts letters for such moves; they want the 5320.20 for even in-state changes of address. No big deal. Mailed it in October.

I received the returned application today, stating that "dates of transportation [are] required." On *two* parts of the form, I indicate that this is a Permanent Change of Address and that the firearms "will not be returned to orginal Location."

Oy vey.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom