• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    So here is my tale of incredulity. I moved in November (intrastate). BATFE no longer accepts letters for such moves; they want the 5320.20 for even in-state changes of address. No big deal. Mailed it in October.

I received the returned application today, stating that "dates of transportation [are] required." On *two* parts of the form, I indicate that this is a Permanent Change of Address and that the firearms "will not be returned to orginal Location."

Oy vey.

Huh? You don't need to notify ATF of intrastate moves last time I checked.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The examiner actually called me and said the dates were wrong on mine, even though it was marked for just a year as it was for me to take my SBR to the NRA Range. I received it four months later and the dates were the same as I had originally written down.

4 months. Something is seriously FUBAR up there on Needy Road as I stated before.

rtruhn

Sep 12, 2013
    Gwynn Oak
    Huh? You don't need to notify ATF of intrastate moves last time I checked.

You are supposed to. BATFE likes to know where they're domiciled. I don't know what the penalty for infraction might be, but every expert I've read highly recommends this practice.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    You are supposed to. BATFE likes to know where they're domiciled. I don't know what the penalty for infraction might be, but every expert I've read highly recommends this practice.

There is no legal requirement to do it. There is no penalty. That is why the 5320.20 is an interstate transportation form.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I think beyond legal or lack of reasons, its rude to not notify BATFE of a change in address. If I bought a house that a previous NFA owner lived and ATF showed up looking for the previous resident who didn't notify ATF, I would not be happy.

d_c

Jul 7, 2009
    Texas
    I also just got a 5320.20 back in a shade less than 3 weeks. Can't imagine why some are getting held up so long.

TLL

God Bless America
    Jan 6, 2011
    Virginia
    incompetence

Is my answer. My run in with atf is with a change of address on my C&R 03 lic Called them and submitted required info over a month ago to change my Md address to my new Virginia address.
    Called them last Thursday and they did not have the papers. Neither the MD or VA Agent could find it. So the guy says I have to resubmit an application for a License! He said he would email the application to me ( I still haven't received it).
    I call them back to confirm and see if I had to repay the $30. The guy I talked to this time said no and just send in the info I sent in the first time. So more copies of change of address an Lic etc. Sent letter signature required, don't think it will help tho.
    Both letters had an attn: to a name. I kept a record of the second agents name but I think there is a Md or Va agent playing asshat at Neely Rd
    He probably reads this and I'll be in the round file again.

Pwilliams1

Apr 25, 2013
    Can anyone answer if I can fire these things into next year? I was late getting them done, do I have to put end dates within this calendar year, or could i do a year from today?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Can anyone answer if I can fire these things into next year? I was late getting them done, do I have to put end dates within this calendar year, or could i do a year from today?

Yes they can span the calendar year. Just got one back 4 months late from Sept 2014 to Sept 2015.

My others do as well.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    you are not alone. An 07 I moonlight for has had several 4s come back in the last year dated, "signed", and marked approved but WITH NO TAX STAMP on the form. I know because one of them was mine. 2s are taking forever to process, which in turn holds up 3s and 4s. incompetence at best, active resistance to performing duty at worst. I no longer am nice. I demand a supervisor whenever contacting NFA branch. And have the paperwork (and law, if pertinent) handy.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    some of the people I've spoken to there seem truly clueless.

Govt employees at their finest I guess.

pretty sad IMO. No sense of pride from my limited dealings with them that I can sense. Some act like they're doing you a favor just by speaking to you.

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    Here's the email they sent me last year.

Awptickes <awptickes@awptickes>
    12/30/13

to Lee.Alston-Wil.

Lee,

Is there any plan to "digitize" the process for the ATF Form 5320.20 ?

Happy Holidays and thanks in advance,
    Awptickes

Lee.Alston-Williams@usdoj.gov
    12/31/13

to Awptickes

Good morning:

Thank you for your interest in eForms. At the current time we do not have funding available for any enhancements to eForms. If funding become available we will consider making all public use forms electronic.

Happy New Year!

Sincerely,

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom