• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    Maryland still has "long distance" breakdowns, even in the same area code (mostly from landlines)

If anyone else is having phone problems with the 1-800 use this for Senator Zirkin, 410-841-3131

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    If anyone else is having phone problems with the 1-800 use this for Senator Zirkin, 410-841-3131

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not know if calling the local 410 or 301 numbers will help any, I think it is their phone system. However you can find all the local phone numbers on the members pages.

I think number is basically 410-841-EXTENSION or 301-858-EXTENSION

Senate Judicial Proceedings.
    http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmMain.aspx?pid=cmtepage&stab=04&id=jpr&tab=subject7&ys=2015RS

House Judiciary
    http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmMain.aspx?pid=cmtepage&stab=04&id=jud&tab=subject7&ys=2015RS

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    I will be posting the following to as many threads as needed to keep things alive, apologies ahead of time.

Normally I am not one to post "see what i wrote", however I think we should take a page out of the liberal playbook and get to it with the shame game. More than that we need to take advantage of the current activity on social media sites, and internet news sites of Jacqueline's testimony.
    I don't know of any better sites to submit stories to (I only read MDS and Drudgereport), but I attempted to submit the below links to http://drudgereport.com/ in hopes of them getting it on their frontpage to keep up the momentum. I do not know how Drudgereport promotes stores to their frontpage but I encourage all to submit the links to Drudge on the submit box on the frontpage.

Please feel free to take inspiration from the emails I sent. Please at least change up some of the wording if you are going to copy. The teacher can always spot plagiarism.
    I personalized each email to each Delegate and Senator in hopes they will actually read past their name on the first line. Sent extra personalized email to the chairmen of the committees.

Subject: Please read by 3/23 and take action

Honorable Delegate XYZ,

I am writing today to thank you for taking the time to listen to bills in the Judiciary committee that are of concern to me last Tuesday 3/10/2015. I submitted writing testimony on most bills that day, but especially HB432 and HB767. I think you may remember oral testimony given by Jacqueline Kahn. Here is a youtube link of her testimony to the senate Judicial Proceedings committee to refresh your memory https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD4J1kscK1Q
    If you have been checking your favorite internet news sites you may have even seen the above link. News of this testimony is even making its way across the ocean to other nations. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ring-demand-right-carry-concealed-weapon.html

Therefore I am kindly requesting that you personally encourage the chairman to bring HB432 and HB767 up for a committee vote, and for you to vote favorably on it. Do you want to be known as the delegate against rape victims, or potential rape victims, your wives, your daughters?

Thank you very much,

LCPIWB
    <Private info redacted>

Subject: Please read by 3/23 and take action

Honorable Senator XYZ,

I am writing today to thank you for taking the time to listen to bills in the Judicial Proceedings committee that are of concern to me last Thursday 3/12/2015. I submitted writing testimony on most bills that day, but especially SB100. I think you may remember oral testimony given by Jacqueline Kahn. Here is a youtube link to refresh your memory https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD4J1kscK1Q
    If you have been checking your favorite internet sites you may have even seen the above link. News of this testimony is even making its way across the ocean to other nations. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ring-demand-right-carry-concealed-weapon.html

Therefore I am kindly requesting that you personally encourage the chairman to bring SB100 up for a committee vote, and for you to vote favorably on it. Do you want to be known as the senator against rape victims, or potential rape victims, your wives, your daughters?

Thank you very much,

LCPIWB
    <Private info redacted>

Mr H

Banana'd
    Late getting this out, but here it is, for anyone wishing to borrow any of it...
    I will make this short, but ask your serious consideration.

Over the past 4 or 5 years, you have seen that the Maryland firearms community has begun to be more cohesive, vocal and (hopefully) persuasive. The Second Amendment is core to the Bill of Rights, and Maryland's continued impedance to its exercise has left the state lagging far behind the rest of the Nation in the recognition (and effect) of its exercise.

http://commonlyowned.org/concealedcarry/

Also, you should have noted that we have become more persistent. This will not diminish, I can assure you, as I personally advocate across the state for lawful firearms owners to speak up for the Right.

There has been testimony in front of you this session in support of several bills that would go a long way toward restoring the Right in Maryland, and (I believe) would help enhance public safety. We need go no farther than recent news stories, where mothers, the elderly and the infirm have been able to successfully deter home invasions, assaults, or robberies, often without firing a shot. The mere presence of a lawfully present firearm is generally the best deterrent against criminal acts. The possibility of a criminal encountering a concealed carrier further mitigates the risk.

I ask you to carefully consider the testimony of several people I have come to know personally--many of whom I am proud to call friends--who have given you tales of what happens when NO firearm is present, and can only count themselves fortunate that the outcome was not much worse.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...-why-cant-i-have-a-firearm-to-protect-myself/

https://youtu.be/ZdUaPDiW-GY

It is time to end the interference we have seen from prior sessions, follow the will of the People, and allow votes on these bills which provide right and reasonable solutions to the issue of public safety and self defense.

JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    Left messages with very polite staffers for Senator Zirkin and Delegate Vallario. Sounds like they're just tallying the phone calls at this point.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Rec'd call from Ryan at Zirkin's office... Very polite, understanding and reassuring...:thumbsup:

JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    Rec'd call from Ryan at Zirkin's office... Very polite, understanding and reassuring...:thumbsup:

Reassuring seems like a loaded word. It would be one thing to be reassured that Senator Zirkin understands your concerns, but another to be reassured that SB100 will see a vote.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Just shot off another email with the following as I'd like to get them on record in the event Zirkin doesn't allow SB100 up to a vote.

Senators,

As a registered voter in Maryland, I ask that you let me know how you intend to vote on SB100 should Senator Zirkin allow this bill to be voted on. Please feel free to reply to just me to keep your answer confined to just me if you would like.

Sincerely,

MXRider

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Rec'd a call...Can you explain why your receiving a call from Zirkin's office as opposed to you being the one dialing the numbers?
    (I am assuming you may have left a vague voicemail or something).

Back it up to posts 29 and 33... Issue resolved.:)

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I was in Annapolis on 3/12 but could only stay long enough to drop off my written testimony b/c of an unexpected issue at work. I watched as much as I could on the Live Stream.

Last night I called and left a voice message in Zirkin's mailbox. I followed with a detailed email.

Last edited:

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    Rec'd a call...Can you explain why your receiving a call from Zirkin's office as opposed to you being the one dialing the numbers?
    (I am assuming you may have left a vague voicemail or something).

I got a call back as well, after leaving a vague voice mail. I did not want my VM to be specific enough for them to NOT call back. Ryan called, was very polite and assured me that he would pass my concerns on to his boss.

JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    Also called my Senator and one of my Delegates. Neither is on the respective committee, but both are deputy whips. I left messages "expressing my hope that they will encourage the committee chairman to call a vote".

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    today's email was just to Bobby

Bobby

Two important bills are sitting in your committee , SB530 and SB100 . I am embarrassed as a democrat that a week after they were heard there has been no vote. Will you be comforting the families of victims of crimes that could have been prevented by passage of these bills ? These bills should be brought up for a vote. If they fail in your committee or in the Full Senate the blood of these future victims will not be on your hands. SB100 is getting national attention due to the testimony of 2 people last week . Our party berates the Republicans for their war on women , when the fact is we too are waging a war on women , Is Free Choice only a ploy we use but don't really believe it ? Let's not let these two bills die in your desk. This is not a political choice , this is a moral choice. Just like Lyndon Johnson did with the Civil Rights Act of 1964 , it wasn't a popular decision but he signed it because it was the right thing to do .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom