• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    So you could not come down to Annapolis 3/10 or 3/12? You had the flu, your kid had the flu, could not get off work, dog ate your homework.
    Sometimes I hate reading the House and Senate bill hearing threads because 60% of the posts are like "Sorry dude, can't make it, something came up."
    Well there is still time to redeem yourselves.

While the bills have had a hearing, and the deadline for submitting written testimony has passed, there is still much that needs to be done. We need the bills to be voted out of committee. They are not going to get voted on unless you pickup the phone and call the delegates and senators of the committees to get the chairmen to bring the bills up for a committee vote.

Do not wait until next week. Get on this NOW! The cross-over date is 3/23 (MONDAY 6Days away)

Attached is my export of contacts for the house and senate committees. (Looks like I could only upload as a zip file, you will need to unzip. Sorry) If you import into your google contacts, and have a android phone the phone number will dial the main-line, and punch in the extension saving you some time.(You can go through each committee list in less that 15-20mins) For those who do not want to import the contacts you can find the phone numbers and their extensions below.

Senate Judicial Procedures Committee

Bobby Zirkin 1-800-492-7122,3131# (Chair)
    Lisa Gladden 1-800-492-7122,3697# (Vice-Chair)

Jim Brochin 1-800-492-7122,3648#
    Robert Cassilly 1-800-492-7122,3158#
    Michael J. Hough 1-800-492-7122,3704#
    Susan C. Lee 1-800-492-7122,3124#
    Anthony Muse 1-800-492-7122,3092#
    Wayne Norman 1-800-492-7122,3603#
    Victor R. Ramirez 1-800-492-7122,3745#
    Jamie Raskin 1-800-492-7122,3634#
    Justin Ready 1-800-492-7122,3683#

House Judiciary Committee

Joseph Vallario 1-800-492-7122,3488# (Chair)
    Kathleen Dumais 1-800-492-7122,3052# (Vice-Chair)

Curt Anderson 1-800-492-7122,3291#
    Vanessa E. Atterbeary 1-800-492-7122,3471#
    Will Campos 1-800-492-7122,3340#
    Jill Carter 1-800-492-7122,3268#
    John W. E. Cluster, Jr. 1-800-492-7122,3526#
    Frank M. Conaway, Jr. 1-800-492-7122,3189#
    William Folden 1-800-492-7122,3189#
    Glen Glass 1-800-492-7122,3280#
    Trent Kittleman 1-800-492-7122,3556#
    Michael E. Malone 1-800-492-7122,3510#
    Susan Mccomas 1-800-492-7122,3272#
    David Moon 1-800-492-7122,3474#
    Marice Morales 1-800-492-7122,3528#
    Neil Parrott 1-800-492-7122,3636#
    Deborah C. Rey 1-800-492-7122,3227#
    Samuel I. Rosenberg 1-800-492-7122,3297#
    William C. Smith, Jr. 1-800-492-7122,3493#
    Charles E. Sydnor, III 1-800-492-7122,3802#
    Geraldine Valentino-Smith 1-800-492-7122,3101#
    Brett Wilson 1-800-492-7122,3125#

For those who are not too good with speaking on the phone and would like to cut and paste to send a mass email. (However it is recommended to individually address each member in a separate email.)

Senate Judicial Procedures Committee

"Brochin, Jim" <jim.brochin@senate.state.md.us>, "Cassilly, Robert" <Bob.Cassilly@senate.state.md.us>, "Gladden, Lisa" <lisa.gladden@senate.state.md.us>, "Hough, Michael J." <michael.hough@senate.state.md.us>, "Lee, Susan C." <susan.lee@senate.state.md.us>, "Muse, Anthony" <anthony.muse@senate.state.md.us>, "Norman, Wayne" <wayne.norman@senate.state.md.us>, "Ramirez, Victor R." <victor.ramirez@senate.state.md.us>, "Raskin, Jamie" <jamie.raskin@senate.state.md.us>, "Ready, Justin" <justin.ready@senate.state.md.us>, "Zirkin, Bobby" <bobby.zirkin@senate.state.md.us>

House Judiciary Committee

"Anderson, Curt" <curt.anderson@house.state.md.us>, "Atterbeary, Vanessa E." <Vanessa.Atterbeary@house.state.md.us>, "Campos, Will" <Will.Campos@house.state.md.us>, "Carter, Jill" <jill.carter@house.state.md.us>, "Cluster, John W. E., Jr." <john.cluster@house.state.md.us>, "Conaway, Frank M., Jr." <frank.conaway@house.state.md.us>, "Dumais, Kathleen" <kathleen.dumais@house.state.md.us>, "Folden, William" <William.Folden@house.state.md.us>, "Glass, Glen" <glen.glass@house.state.md.us>, "Kittleman, Trent" <Trent.Kittleman@house.state.md.us>, "Mccomas, Susan" <susan.mccomas@house.state.md.us>, "Moon, David" <David.Moon@house.state.md.us>, "Morales, Marice" <Marice.Morales@house.state.md.us>, "Parrott, Neil" <neil.parrott@house.state.md.us>, "Rey, Deborah C." <Deborah.Rey@house.state.md.us>, "Rosenberg, Samuel I." <samuel.rosenberg@house.state.md.us>, "Smith, William C., Jr." <Will.Smith@house.state.md.us>, "Sydnor, Charles E., III" <Charles.Sydnor@house.state.md.us>, "Valentino-Smith, Geraldine" <geraldine.valentino@house.state.md.us>, "Vallario, Joseph" <joseph.vallario@house.state.md.us>, "Wilson, Brett" <brett.wilson@house.state.md.us>

Attachments

• google_contacts.zip
      1.8 KB · Views: 93
    Last edited:

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    Done. Literally took 3 minutes to copy paste all of the contacts and type up a quick email. Will send a few more over the next week :D

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    My email to Senator Zirkin:

Senator Zirkin,

I see that SB100 is still in committee. I ask that you allow the SJPRC to vote on this very important bill. It should be very clear that the constituents of Maryland want this to happen as the amount of people that showed up to testify in favor of SB100 was huge and nobody testified against orally, and I would guess that the written testimony received show much the same. The testimony from the former commander of the MSP licensing division was profound as well as many others. People will still have to go through the proper training and background checks and will be well vetted. All we ask is that Self Defense be a recognized good and substantial reason to apply for a wear and carry permit. The Maryland State Police are not opposed to this legislation. If there were concerns, they would speak out about it. The decision to allow this to be voted on by the SJPRC is in your hands and I urge you to do the right thing and allow our system to work as intended and that the will of the people be done.

Sincerely,
    MXRider

kerplooey

Jul 29, 2008
    Nunyabidness
    Forgive my ignorance, but what exactly should you include in an email? Are there certain keywords, etc. that should be touched on that will be attention getters? Some of it is obvious, but I thought maybe it might be good to get a general consensus of what we're going after.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Forgive my ignorance, but what exactly should you include in an email? Are there certain keywords, etc. that should be touched on that will be attention getters? Some of it is obvious, but I thought maybe it might be good to get a general consensus of what we're going after.

I sent the following, with a "map" ;

Please pass SB100 and let Maryland join the majority of States that equitably (for all citizens) honor rights granted by the Constitution. Please note at present five states have no licensing, or fees required of citizens who may lawfully own a handgun, allowing them to keep on their person concealed. Our neighbor West Virginia is on track to become state number six in this category. Add to the current five states requiring no license, over forty states that issue permits (no subjective reasons required) to carry at a fee to citizens who may lawfully own firearms. It is time for Maryland to stop confiscating rights of its citizens, and join the majority of States that do not impede the choice of a constitutionally granted right.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Spoke with Sen. Zirkins office to urge allowing the vote. Also spoke with Sen. Norman's office. She advised to keep calling senator Zirkins office. Keep up the pressure!

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Spoke with Sen. Zirkins office to urge allowing the vote. Also spoke with Sen. Norman's office. She advised to keep calling senator Zirkins office. Keep up the pressure!

Just curious, was his office polite and receptive? He seemed to be during the hearing although I doubt he agrees with our position one bit.

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    This is my email in case anyone wants ideas or wants to copy.
    I am specifically targeting SB100 & HB0767

Senators or Delegates,

I just wanted to thank you all again for so patiently listening to everyone's testimony regarding SB100 / HB0767. I urge you all to give it a favorable report and restore the right of self defense of oneself and one's family back to the citizens of Maryland. As we all know by definition a criminal does not adhere to the laws of our great state. A violent person with ill intent does not care what laws are on the books. The folks that support this bill are law abiding citizens who want to exercise their 2nd Amendment right to carry a firearm in a safe and responsible manner. These folks are ready, able, and willing to complete the 16 hours of training required by the state of Maryland, pay all of the various permitting fees, and undergo all Federal and State background checks. As you heard from so many testimonies the folks who apply for these permits are not a threat to the safety of our society. We are fathers, brothers, mothers, sisters, sons, and daughters. We work 40+ hours a week and watch television at night. We are the hard working citizens of Maryland who want our rights restored.

Thank you very much for your consideration.

-Name
    District

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Just curious, was his office polite and receptive? He seemed to be during the hearing although I doubt he agrees with our position one bit.

The staffer that I spoke with was very polite and receptive. He went to the length of asking for my name, address and phone number and said he would pass the information on.

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    For those calling on the phone for the first time, do not get thrown off your game when they ask "Do you live in the senator's(Delegate's) district?". Simply reply. "Unfortunately I do not live in the Senator's(Delegate's) district, however if the bill is not voted out of committee my elected representatives can not represent me in a General Assembly vote. Which is why I encourage the senator to request the chairman bring the bills up for a vote."

Personally I have only be pushing SB100 and SB454 on the senate, and HB306,HB432, HB464, and HB767 on the house. But it is one you to push what is important to you.

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Would like to bring up that Senator Gladden's number does not seem to have a voice mail setup, or some issues. It took a few tries to actually get through first two times it just rang 10 times then click....I moved her to the bottom of the rotation, and called back 15mins later and someone picked up.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    With all the examples on here it's not hard to send a message to the committees. I wouldn't say just copy and paste, try to change the one you like a little bit so they don't keep seeing the same e-mail over and over. Here's what I sent to the Senate committee then changed it a little bit for the House.

Following the progress of SB100 on the Maryland General Assembly web site I notice that there has been no action on the bill since the hearing on March 12. I would urge you to vote favorably on this considering how much attention this is getting throughout the State and worldwide (it was picked up by the Daily Mail publication in the United Kingdom that a rape victim cannot protect herself in Maryland). It’s time to give law abiding citizens in this State the right to protect themselves whenever and wherever they are.
    Thank you for your consideration,

HITWTOM
    Hollywood, MD

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom