• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I call ********. When you are allowed to buy 3 box max and you take other people to buy for you, you are robbing the next guy in line. In fact, last time I bought a box there were two boxes left and I let the guy behind me buy the other. That my friends is is called a gentleman. I could have bought them all, but the guy behind might not be able to shoot due to my greed. Say what you want but I was taught respect for my fellow sportsman.

DUDE! 55 friggin dollars for 500!!!

I've been watching closely online and have come up with 22s consistently for around $30/500. To be honest, I had no great need to buy any for myself. I had 3 - 4k rounds from jumping on deals in years past and I rarely shoot more than 50 - 100 rounds at shooting sessions several times a year (because I usually take multiple calibers of firearms...so I might shoot 200 - 300 rounds total at a time). However, I have sold some friends a couple hundred rounds out of my stash a few times plus I split some ammo that I was able to catch in stock with them. My luck has primarily been with Cabelas for 22, although a while back I scored some from Sportsman's Guide. The last I bought was 325 rounds delivered to my home for 23.99. The previous deal was 1000 rounds for 59.99 including delivery. The entire last batch was sold at my cost to a good friend who never owned a handgun until just before Oct 1 last year. He bought a 1911-22 and a 9mm Sig. He was finding 9mm for the Sig online and elsewhere...but was pulling the trigger late on the 22 cal deals I kept emailing him about, so just bought it for him and let him reimburse me. The point is, it's out there if you can be patient and persistent

w2kbr

MSI EM, NRA LM, SAF, AAFG
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 13, 2009
    Severn 21144
    Just a question for those who have been shooting .22LR for...say 10 years...that be 2004
    What do you remember a box of 50 went for back then.....

And today, a box is what?.....?

Just wondering....

R

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Just a question for those who have been shooting .22LR for...say 10 years...that be 2004

Just wondering....

R

I seem to remember about $1.95/box 10 years ago. The average price today at a LGS is $4.95 but you can luck into it at WM for $2.47. I can remember when a brick was $10 or less. Recently I found a box of Stingers with a $6.95 sticker on them from Duffys from about 1979.

w2kbr

MDS Supporter
    Jan 13, 2009
    Severn 21144
    I seem to remember about $1.95/box 10 years ago. The average price today at a LGS is $4.95 but you can luck into it at WM for $2.47. I can remember when a brick was $10 or less. Recently I found a box of Stingers with a $6.95 sticker on them from Duffys from about 1979.

Ok so running the numbers thru the "Dollar Value" crunching algorithm, calculating inflation from 2004-2013, looks like the WM charge of $2.48 is just about right using dollar value/inflation. Add any other variable into the mix, the price can go anywhere.....as in $4.95...or whatever. Adding in the "shortage", which is really "Supply and Demand", and the seller who sees an opportunity to "make a buck", it is easy to see the price go into orbit.....

All things considered, I guess $3.00 to $5.00 would be just an "ok" price.
    Inflation hits everything, as does "Supply and Demand"

All things considered it should be easy to stay away from the "Money Changers"

Thanks
    R

w2kbr

MDS Supporter
    Jan 13, 2009
    Severn 21144
    Ok so, at $50...that's $0.10 a round....right on the edge...

but at $85....? no doubt that's high for sure.....assuming the same type of ammo.

R

tholmes721

Jul 13, 2012
    One vendor had 500ct .22lr's for $35 cash only so I picked up a box. Walked two booths down and saw the same 500ct box for $75 and asked the vendor how he ****ing sleeps at night. I got a good chuckle we he tried to argue that nobody at the show was selling .22's for less than he was until I showed him my box and receipt.

I picked up a couple other odds and ends, but was mostly disapointed at the lack of .308 AR-10 options since that's what I was really in the market for. Seems like tons of available inventory now on C&C HBAR AR-15's though.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I have been shooting 22LR for forty some years. The price was never high enough to be note worthy. I have some boxes from a little less than two years ago that were $1.79.

RosadoSM

Ultimate Member
    Apr 27, 2005
    King George, VA
    RosadoSM, hired, volunteer, I don't know the particulars of the moderators agreements with the owners. Won't argue it because of that. The mechanics are the same. Guidelines are set and the site owner(s) still set the tone and conditions. That was my point. It is their site, their freedom. I may not agree but have set forth my insights.

You really don't have a clue nor insight.

nutz

Closer to 5's than 10's
    Jun 29, 2011
    Near Indian Head, Md.

Just wondering....

R

2 ammo shortages ago, a brick of Winchester (500) were 10.50 and a bulk of federal (525) were 11.99. Last shortage, they were 19.99 each. I remember the first time my dad got me a box of CCI's in that funny plastic slide pack (100). I was only allowed to shoot 1/2 a pack per weekend cause they were expensive at 2.59..That was from Perrygo Hardware in Accokeek, Md., dad was fussing about how expensive my hobby was getting. :D

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    2 ammo shortages ago, a brick of Winchester (500) were 10.50 and a bulk of federal (525) were 11.99. Last shortage, they were 19.99 each. I remember the first time my dad got me a box of CCI's in that funny plastic slide pack (100). I was only allowed to shoot 1/2 a pack per weekend cause they were expensive at 2.59..That was from Perrygo Hardware in Accokeek, Md., dad was fussing about how expensive my hobby was getting. :D

Years back a friend would take his step son shooting a good bit. Just 22's, and he commented on how he didn't understand how the youngster could go through so much ammo. A brick each outing. He started to 'ration' him. I chuckled.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    ""RosadoSM, hired, volunteer, I don't know the particulars of the moderators agreements with the owners. Won't argue it because of that. The mechanics are the same. Guidelines are set and the site owner(s) still set the tone and conditions. That was my point. It is their site, their freedom. I may not agree but have set forth my insights.

"You really don't have a clue nor insight.""

RosasoM, I have plenty of clues and plenty of insight. It occurs on all regulated forums. If you want a clue, visit some other well managed forums. You'll see directives carried out.

Last edited:

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Next we can talk about the price of crabs over the last 40-30-20-10 years. You pick it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom