• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RosadoSM

Ultimate Member
    Apr 27, 2005
    King George, VA
    "Actually its not. They Mod the sight based on the rules and do so without any stake in it more than any other member. They were asked to be moderators based on their character and routinely get blasted when somebody gets their panties in a bunch."

Okay, I accept the mods don't own the site specifically, I realize they are hired to police it. But they do carry out the site owners directives.

"Saying they condone scalping is just wrong. While there are some here who try to take advantage with ridiculous adds. Its a free market, nobody is forcing you to buy what they sell. Don't like the price... don't buy it. "

I don't buy it. And I'll probably stop shooting before I succumb to those tactics. The fact the scalping tactics are permitted to be listed the site is opening a market for the behavior. The moderators enforce other site guidelines, they could be directed to delete grossly over retail prices...obviously scalping. Again, "free market" is used. So we are in a time where no matter how much you gouge your fellow Americans its okay because "you got yours". Its their site so they have that freedom to decide.

"Sooo.. does this mean some of you guys don't buy gas?
    Because it used to be 99 cents.. now it's 3.xx... the gov was hoarding gas... "

Compared to the world wide market, our fuel prices were way underpriced since day one because of federal regulation. That is an industry which was deregulated. Deregulation was implemented and prices shot up. Everyone knew it would happen. Just about threw the country into a major depression (recession). That's when the fuel companies started to back off the rising prices. Of course, the utility and now the health care industries followed suite.

Now it seems 22LR ammo scalpers consider themselve big business. Any excuse to scalp. How much do you charge your Basic Pistol Students for 22's - $0.17 per round of Mini Mag? $0.11 per round of $0.04 per round ammo? Fellow instructors, shooters and competitive sportsman have stated how the activity has impacted shooting activities. Yet some still defend their behavior. It is a free country, follow your conscience.

Seriously... They weren't "hired" to do anything. They were asked to be mods based on their character demonstrated over a period of time on the forum. It's a thankless task they do for the good of the forum. They aren't paid to do it. The fact that they put up with as much garbage from some of the folks here is a testament in itself.

MDS is free to members. it was only recently that a donation link was added. The site owner has paid out of his pocket for years to keep the forum up and running. Now if members feel so inclined they can donate to MDS. The directive you speak of don't exist. The moderators enforce other site guidelines, they could be directed to delete grossly over retail prices...obviously scalping. what guidelines are you referring to

Here are the rules.

Classified Ad Rules: Mdshooters.com strives to provide its members with a community oriented forum where members participate in more than online discussions. One of the most highly used features of the forum is the classified section where members in good standing can advertise their firearms, firearms related items and the occasional unrelated item for free.

To be considered "in good standing" we have implemented what is referred to as "The 50 Post Rule." Members wishing to sell an item on mdshooters.com are required to participate in the online discussions and become a contributing member of the community. After a member has contributed 50 posts, they may offer to sell items on the mdshooters.com free classified service. "Spamming" of the forum will result in a members post count being reset to ZERO. A second infraction will result in termination of the member's free account.

In an effort to give all users the most equitable use of the classifieds section, users are limited to no more than 5 open ads. The administration reserves the right to remove ads that exceed the 5 ad limit with no warning or explanation.

Users are required to use the default setting of "3 weeks" for their ads so that every person using the classifieds has an equal chance of their ad being rotated to the top. It is no longer permissible to select short durations and re-list the ad in order to move your ad to the top. Violators will have their ads closed.

Anyone repeatedly abusing the free service provided by the classifieds is at risk of losing that privilege permanently.

Are there some members who overprice items in the classified? Sure, but to say that the owner and mods condone that just isn't true. In most cases people try to sell stuff without taking a loss. Some try to take advantage of others, this is not unique to MDS. NOBODY is forcing you to buy anything.

Should you decide to "probably stop shooting before I succumb to those tactics" would you come on here and sell your guns for less than you paid?

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    I dunno about the Wal-Mart price deal either. I mean, there would be no point in selling something for what you paid for it. Do some of you really expect people to lose money selling you something? Yeah cause people should be lining up to sell you something to lose the time and gas/shipping charges they put into acquiring it...

Do I agree with all the extreme price raping, HECK NO!, but if you expect someone to lose money selling you something, your an idiot

law of supply and demand plays a big role as well

willy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 13, 2013
    Carroll County
    The only Idiot I am aware of is someone defending 15 bucks a box for stingers. While in the same sentence not agreeing with price raping.

RIGGS

Apr 20, 2013
    Baldwin
    The only Idiot I am aware of is someone defending 15 bucks a box for stingers. While in the same sentence not agreeing with price raping.

So I'm an idiot bc I have a case of ammo for sale at $15/box and telling people to make offers, and u offer exactly Walmart price and I don't now down to u I'm an idiot?

The people that know what .22 is worth will offer a decent price while someone may wanna jus jump on the price to get a decent amount of ammo one stop shop. Add up how much gas u have wasted to get a box or two or none?!

I could careless if none sell which some have at full price.... I'll shoot it , don't matter to me buddy!

Kevmo

N00b
    Feb 20, 2009
    Severn
    Looks like the .22"s are not selling to well in the for sale section.

i've sold LOADS of 22 on classifieds... it goes FAST too... at .10 a round.... all these ppl complaining about "hoarders" makes me laugh...

"I won't pay that much in my life"

tell that to all of us who then paid 99 cents for a gallon of gas.. and now it's 3.80 a gallon...

someone from MDS just bought 500 rounds of minimags at .18 cents each...

i put some up for .15 cents each and those go like hotcakes.

don't be mad that you didn't stock up when it was "cheap" for "wal-mart" prices.

willy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 13, 2013
    Carroll County
    Riggs that last posted was not aimed at you. I should have quoted RockStarr.
    I owe you a beer put it on my tab. I was not calling you an idiot.

Actually the first week in December before newton, I purchased 2 buckets on Christmas special at dicks. Then saturday after newtown I cleaned walmart out of 22 shorts. Shit I still have bricks and bricks from Ame's and Kmart when they were 5.99. I have plenty....

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands

who said anything about defending 15 bucks for a box of stingers? not this guy

I don't resell. never have, never will

I was making a point that people who do, aren't doing it to not make a profit.

RIGGS

Apr 20, 2013
    Baldwin
    Ok, gentlemen. Back on topic. Dicks sporting goods in glen Burnie had 300rd cci mini mags for $27.xx @ around 3pm

About 25-30 boxes left when I left. 1 box limit

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Now the scalpers consortium thread...wow, really
    Flimsy excuses for sport damaging profiteering.

When it is said and done, the sport is dead and outlawed, the collective profiteers can kick back, smile and say, "I helped do that".

Last edited:

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    RosadoSM, hired, volunteer, I don't know the particulars of the moderators agreements with the owners. Won't argue it because of that. The mechanics are the same. Guidelines are set and the site owner(s) still set the tone and conditions. That was my point. It is their site, their freedom. I may not agree but have set forth my insights.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    .22 doesn't last long on the calssifieds no matter what the crazy price. I saw Stingers for $6.47 at WM and passed, don't much care for them and had just bought some at LGS for $7.99. Not an accurate rounds IMO. Now SV and Mini Mags are another story.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I've experienced inaccuracy with stingers in some guns as well. It seems like the bullet is driven too fast for the length of the bullet shank.

When hyper velocity bullets like Stingers go trans sonic it really affects accuracy. No target shooters use them. You can learn a lot on the CZ/BRNO forum on rimfirecentral.com. Lots of of info and no BS on that site.
    Having said this. Probably should have bought the WM ones just to have for short range varmint hunting. Found a box in my closet I bought at Duffy's in 1979 and they were priced at $7+ then.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Inaccuracy I experienced was mostly handgun 50 yards and closer so the trans sonic didn't play into it. My hnter pistol
    Loads are built to be either sonic or subsonic along the entire 100 meters. 22 LR and 22Mag ammo was selected the same way. Chrono'd different loads then made the selection based on that and foremost, of course, accuracy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom