• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    well, nominally there is a no tracer rule, and its there for good reason. tracer rounds are dangerous when they stop. if they do not penetrate into the soil and stay there buried, they become serious fire hazards. the main reason for this rule is overshooting the berms and ending up in the woods or ricochets that end up in other flamable areas. at our machine gun shoots we shoot API, Tracer, etc. with no worries because of the downhill range we have set up and also the way we've constructed the berm and backstops. even a richocet would end up on the hill somewhere.

i generally dont shoot tracers. i'll use some API ammo now and again for kicks, though!

oh, and as far as fun stuff to shoot, cheap shaving cream, cheap beer (the kind i cant stand drinking, i.e. light beer), cheap soda, and even Great Stuff insulaing foam cans when they go on sale. we used to put such things out at great distance at my friend's house and try to bullseye them. that was our version of UKD shooting when we got bored.

GuitarGuy

Nov 1, 2007
    Germantown, MD
    Guys, after the last shoot I was quite impressed. There was a shortage of target stands however. As a result of that, my friend and I will be building a couple of our signature steel plate target stands. If there is a big enough desire, we could up the numbers that we bring. They are quite substantial and hold 3 steel plates each. Because they are modular we can fit a few but its still alot to carry. If anyone is interested please let me know so I can figure out how many to have on hand.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Guys, after the last shoot I was quite impressed. There was a shortage of target stands however. As a result of that, my friend and I will be building a couple of our signature steel plate target stands. If there is a big enough desire, we could up the numbers that we bring. They are quite substantial and hold 3 steel plates each. Because they are modular we can fit a few but its still alot to carry. If anyone is interested please let me know so I can figure out how many to have on hand.

Yeah, we were a bit crowded last time. Nothing we can't overcome for future events though with a little planning and patience.

I doubt we'll have the same large turnout for the winter shoot. I think instead of the 60+ we had last time we'll be closer to 30 or so.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    I doubt we'll have the same large turnout for the winter shoot. I think instead of the 60+ we had last time we'll be closer to 30 or so

Thats what i like to hear!

I guess we will find out who the hardcore shooters are!

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    we like new members....if i can convince a couple more new shooters to come to this and freeze, we might just have a couple more converts. i love bringing new shooters into the mix. i've convinced a lot of my friends to buy guns, most arent as crazy about it as i am (three gun lockers and counting), but since i have plenty of toys, new shooters have a lot of stuff to select from. my girlfriend is a member, she just doesnt post as much as i do.

as for targets and stands, yeah i think eggs or fruit would be fun. we used to shoot clementines with .223 and that is always amusing. i shot bowling pins at 200 and 300 yards with my .22LR last time, that was interesting, if slightly anticlimactic. as for steel stands, they are a great idea, and i swear this time that i'll remember to get the Ubolts so i can hang some chainsaw bars and scrap steel on the .22lr rail for people to have fun with (they are high quality german laminated steel, and take a decent pounding from handguns and .22s)

buzzzyy

Big Member
    Nov 6, 2007
    Aspen Hill
    Smores, or anyone else from the area's welcome to ride with me. I'm in Gaithersburg and i'm gonna make the drive anyways... some some company would be cool.

Lostfantum

Ultimate Member
    Nov 27, 2007
    Middle River, Maryland
    I hope to make it out to the event. I do not have the weapontry that you all have, I only have 2 handguns. If I am able to make it I'll try and get some cases of fruit from my work. I just recently joined the forum and do not know any of the members, hope to meet everyone at ont time or another.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I hope to make it out to the event. I do not have the weapontry that you all have, I only have 2 handguns. If I am able to make it I'll try and get some cases of fruit from my work. I just recently joined the forum and do not know any of the members, hope to meet everyone at ont time or another.

Don't worry about what you DO have....shoot the ones that you have well. :thumbsup:

Come out, hang....hear some bad jokes, listen to Spot77 pass gas....it's a great time.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County

Cool, unless you were gonna do some Matrix kinda stuff I think you only need one gun to have fun. Hope to see you there.:D

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Oh, don't worry about what you bring, I try out everybody elses stuff and shoot their ammo, it's cheaper that way.:D

Dude, you will have an open buffet of guns to try there, don't be shy and ask if you want to try shooting someone elses stuff.

boatbod

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2007
    Talbot Co
    Hopefully I'll be allowed to come along on the 27th ;)
    I only have a couple of things that "go bang", but I'm sure it'll be fun and I've been meaning to go check out the DelMarVa range for a while now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom