Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Don't be a Fudd.... be a Sam!

ifgod.jpg

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    the democRAT in me continued on to watch the other vids that popped up after the "fudd" video. check out the "Fail Nation" epic gun fails.

janklow

Feb 6, 2013
    I don't think there's as many Fudds as there used to be. Although I do think they were a huge problem back in the Clinton days, I've noticed a lot more of the hunter-only, trap shooter-only, etc. type guys have become very anti-gun control in the past decade or so.
    i would agree with this based on most hunters i now (well, those who don't seem to have much of a firearms interest beyond their hunting).

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    The FUDDs are gonna be so pissed off once the liberals ban “Military Style Rifles” and then start going after their hunting, aka sniper rifles.

Granted, FUDDs really aren’t a huge problem anymore. It’s just that liberals latch on to the few that still exists.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    the folks yall call fudds, frogs, suburbanites,rural gun owners and i cant remember all the names yall call them are the folks i have known my whole life. the folks i grew up around, hunted with and talk to every day. somehow yall think they are almost anti gun. hell i know it to be quite the opposite. every one i know would die for their guns, and yours. they are pro gun, pro constitution, pro life religious folk. they didnt like or stand for that mess clinton did. they still wont buy smith and wesson guns because of what s and w did back then. they didnt want the fsa2013. but they still get a bad wrap around here. no wonder the 2a community is as weak as it is. we berate and eat our own. i find it sad.

as for these folks worrying about new laws coming, well shit, they will respect them as much as they do the ones past last year and the ones they passed anytime before that. you folks should get out more and talk to people. more folks are on our side then you think and would vote with us if they were lead to do so. leadership, maybe thats what we need. because what we have now is not leadership, its something far less.

I'm not saying my experience is indicative to the majority of hunters but just a data point to show that Fudds exist.

My neighbor in my old neighborhood questioned why I bought an AR with the standard question, "why would anyone need a military style...". He's a life long duck hunter and democrat. In that same conversation, said that we needed further restrictions to regulate firearms.

Another data point is he is an attorney and very liberal. He's more than content paying his share in taxes and telling me what my share should be.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    The folks that can't understand why anyone would need anything but a hunting rifle or "just 3 guns" are the folks that need to be educated in modern firearms. Most of them only know what they know. Show some repect, educate them, and they may move to your side. Be confrontational, you lose them. We likely lose a lot of supporters, by not trying to relate to the them and classifying them as fudds, and other endearing terms. Most of us have been battered and bruised from the fight, but the tide is slowly turning. The other day I saw an AR-15 on the cover of Hunting magazine. I would never have thought a mainstream hunting magazine would have an AR-15 on it. We just need to have patience and keep up the fight.

Q

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Are you kidding me?

Aren't you always yammering on about how much you hate those d@mn stupid Libs?

<checks name> Yup, you're the guy.

I don't understand your yammering as you completely misunderstood the point I was making.

I said nothing about cuddling up and kissing on the ears of Democrat and Liberal anti-gun bottom feeders.

I said lovers of Wooden Stocks and Blued Steel and lovers of Black Plastic and Parkerizing need to find common ground and pull together to save our collective rights.

You and I are still on the same team, Comrade. ;)

the folks yall call fudds, frogs, suburbanites,rural gun owners and i cant remember all the names yall call them are the folks i have known my whole life. the folks i grew up around, hunted with and talk to every day. somehow yall think they are almost anti gun. hell i know it to be quite the opposite. every one i know would die for their guns, and yours. they are pro gun, pro constitution, pro life religious folk. they didnt like or stand for that mess clinton did. they still wont buy smith and wesson guns because of what s and w did back then. they didnt want the fsa2013. but they still get a bad wrap around here. no wonder the 2a community is as weak as it is. we berate and eat our own. i find it sad.

as for these folks worrying about new laws coming, well shit, they will respect them as much as they do the ones past last year and the ones they passed anytime before that. you folks should get out more and talk to people. more folks are on our side then you think and would vote with us if they were lead to do so. leadership, maybe thats what we need. because what we have now is not leadership, its something far less.

The folks that can't understand why anyone would need anything but a hunting rifle or "just 3 guns" are the folks that need to be educated in modern firearms. Most of them only know what they know. Show some repect, educate them, and they may move to your side. Be confrontational, you lose them. We likely lose a lot of supporters, by not trying to relate to the them and classifying them as fudds, and other endearing terms. Most of us have been battered and bruised from the fight, but the tide is slowly turning. The other day I saw an AR-15 on the cover of Hunting magazine. I would never have thought a mainstream hunting magazine would have an AR-15 on it. We just need to have patience and keep up the fight.

Q

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan

I agree with 97.5% of what you said.

The other 2.5% makes me have to ask this: Why do people in this country feel they have to have a leader or someone to lead them or someone to follow behind? Every person in this country knows we have the right to vote. People don't need other people to hold their hands on the way to voting booths. I'm sorry, but this infuriates me. It has nothing to do with a "leader" stepping forward and saving the day. It has everything to do with good old fashioned laziness and not giving a flying f--k about the world around them that keeps people home. Nothing more. Nothing less.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I agree with 97.5% of what you said.

The other 2.5% makes me have to ask this: Why do people in this country feel they have to have a leader or someone to lead them or someone to follow behind? Every person in this country knows we have the right to vote. People don't need other people to hold their hands on the way to voting booths. I'm sorry, but this infuriates me. It has nothing to do with a "leader" stepping forward and saving the day. It has everything to do with good old fashioned laziness and not giving a flying f--k about the world around them that keeps people home. Nothing more. Nothing less.

we consider voting to be one of the most important things we do.

maybe I should phrase it like this, why does the marine corps need leadership? the army? any structured group of people who are trying to do something right needs leadership. at the very least someone to point them in the right direction. why does a ship need a rudder? to keep things going straight and true instead of around in circles. I see how well things are working now, someone to point people in the right direction would be a bug help.

but I guess folks can just sit on the computer and bitch and piss and moan and berate and call people who can help names and see how that works out. that seems like a poor plan.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I never called "country" folks lazy.

I said this country. As in this nation.

All I'm saying is the spoon fed and the shiny ball gazers better wake up and pay attention.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I never called "country" folks lazy.

I said this country. As in this nation.

All I'm saying is the spoon fed and the shiny ball gazers better wake up and pay attention.

if by spoon fed you mean those lazy shits living off the goobermint I believe they all vote at least twice in every election and always vote for santa clause.

if by shiny ball glazers you mean those who get spell bound by it all, then those are the ones who need leadership, guidance, a poke with a sharp stick, whatever you want to call it.

if that's what ya mean I completely agree, if not I probably never will. :D

GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones
    Guys, not a rant, but several related observations (the following analogies are hypothetical):

I'm pretty much new to the social internets (well, that's not entirely true, I've been using various gov't permutations of its predecessors since before AlGore invented it/them;)) - but since I've been a member of this (my first) forum, I've had trouble catching up with the myriad stereotypes, biases, lingo, and acronyms. What exactly do you guys consider a "fudd"? I'm a member here and have considered posting on relative threads on numerous occasions, but restraint (or the alcohol) got the better of me. Since this thread is active (and I'm sober:innocent0), what exactly do you guys consider a "fudd"??

I've been a hunter since I was 10. At first I thought you guys thought "I" was a fudd. But I reasoned, no, couldn't be me, I've been an NRA member since 1976 ... long before many members here were even born ... and certainly not yet fighting for our Constitutional freedoms.

I was introduced to turkey shoots in the 70's, skeet shooting in the 80's, later trap shooting, then sporting clays (remaining an avid participant in all of these activities). I figured, maybe you guys thought "I" was one - but I reasoned, no, maybe I own a few over-under shotguns ... but then, I also own numerous handguns and quite a few ARs (before the tragic boating accident), no, couldn't be me.

I own a couple of farms, so I figured maybe some members thought I'm some sort of uneducated, ignorant rube ... no, if anything, I'm overeducated (... and many farmers are, as they can still feed themselves (and us) if our system were ever to hiccup or break down). So no, they couldn't be thinking "me".

I'm a "13'r". So I figured maybe some members here thought I was just learning about or becoming interested in our Nation's 1st freedoms ... or I was a "troll" ... or worse - but then I reasoned, no, I bled and shed real blood ... on real battlefields ... no, couldn't be me.

None of us should ever forget that our careless and callous use of labels and stereotypes is wrong: hunters and farmers carried the 2nd amendment flag long before SKS enthusiasts knew what an SKS was. The farmers who feed us hold some of the most essential positions in our society (perhaps the most essential). And many new members here carried the 2nd amendment flag long before they were MDS members ... and long before the media ever thought about labeling the semi-auto clones of battle rifles as "black" or "assault" rifles.

Regardless, I don't know what current "fudds" are ... I figure they're not ignorant, perhaps conflicted?

You tell me.

Sam (aka GnR)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom