• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    I will ask about this next time I am up there. But my guess is they don't care because they can buy anything they want OTC . Many own ar-15 ' s but prefer to hunt with traditional rifles -- that's far from being a 'fudd' .

I respect that tradition -- I think is more about a misplaced view of ' make every shot count' on the part of hunters and a misplaced idea of conservation by everyone else.

Never met a 'fudd' in PA --- but that just me.

Anyway lets get on with it while there is still time .

I started hunting in PA and I talked to plenty of hunters about semi-autos and AR's both in the context of hunting and for self defense.

My take is that the semi auto issue is/was mainly a concern for safety. PA has a huge number of hunters and many will say words to the effect "Do you really want a million guys spraying bullets all over the woods?" Actually, I share that concern.

Secondary is the "A true hunter only needs 1 shot anyway". This is usually used to buttress the #1 safety argument as having no consequences. The subtext is that I'm a true hunter and if you need an simi-auto/AR TO HUNT, then you aren't. This is braggadocio.

Lastly was "You have no need/business owning an AR." I heard that rarely, not not "never".

Just my take after hunting in PA for 30 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom