• ...and so much more!
  • EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Judge says 2A doesn't apply ...

BearingArms.com -
    Judge Rules That The Second Amendment Doesn’t Protect Hunting

I know, I know ... the ruling has to do with PA's Sunday hunting ban, but ...

{U.S. District Judge Yvette} Kane said she could find no proof that courts have extended Second Amendment protections to include recreational hunting.

It’s going to be interesting to see if this ruling registers with the gun controllers—my guess is that they’ll ignore it entirely, since it is inconvenient—but even more interesting to see if this has any effect on the Fudds, who are probably going to find out that they aren’t the “protected species” that they always assumed that they were.

Like I've said before ... United We Stand, Divided We Fall.

Attachments

• Hunting 2A.jpg
      Hunting 2A.jpg
      52.5 KB · Views: 266

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    it would be a shame if we lost some of the next elections by the 120,000 votes that the hunters in this state represent.

Maybe.. but I can be packed and out of state before any of them take office. Plus I already lost in MD. No reason to stay .. its mostly hunters that have not yet been hit.. If the pattern in NY and CT holds, as corrected for the new tools the EPA has it should be about 5 years .. less if we don't make a dent at the polls.

You can keep nursing your 'wound' over camo or you can put it behind you and get on with it.

I can be packed and out of state before any of them take office. I have already lost, and do not expect to win anything back via the ballot, but only the court. Only hunters still have much to loose. But still I fight.

For now....

Last edited:

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    The Maryland Hunter Education classes teach: "hunting is a privilege". The MD hunter education curriculum is created by the International Hunter Education Association.

This ruling is very narrow, but it does define that unlike rights, privileges can be taken away. I don't think that during the late 1700's that distinction was ever considered as the colonists hunting gun was their defense gun. The founders also understood this and made no distinction between military and civilian 'arms' ... as in "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Maybe if we in MD could create a big coyote hunting subculture, then at least the HBAR's would be much more appreciated. LOL

AR's are VERY popular among coyote hunters in western and midwestern states.

If you want to really discuss Fudds, look north. Silly PA wont legalize semi autos for hunting. #1 reason seems to be a good # of the hunters in the state don't want to legalize them. The predator and varmint hunters don't mind as much, but are outnumbered by the deer hunters. Though I get a feeling that even the predator/varmint guys have been cowed into generally accepting bolt actions and single shots. The only semi autos allowed in PA for hunting are shotguns for birds. Now, despite this dispute over semi auto rifles, PA hunters seem to be generally quite OK with EBR etc ownership, and I'd say very few have an "issue" with shall-issue. Even some of the most Fuddy sorts value that the option is there. They may choose to not carry, but if someone else wants to, they are fine with that. Look at how PA hunters erupted over the HBG outdoor show. So they may get Fuddy about the idea of hunting with an AR, but they sure are not Fuddy about what the 2A is really about.

Now I have known a # of hunters over the years, but my customer #'s have greatly dwindled since 2008 with the economic issues, and 2007 is the year that I got back into gun issues, so my pool of hunters to ask is very small now. But lets see- creepy guy I stuck with- he um had no issue with me open carrying LOL. Ok, that guy who never picked his skunk up- well I ran into him at the Shrewsbury Walmart in 2008- but he HAD mentioned suppressed firearms previously, so I have to include him. Anyone with class 3 stuff can't be a Fudd, right? The medical Dr guy who came with his buddy who had the MD bear, then later bought me a deer- then I never heard from him again- we talked about class 3's and handguns. The farmer's wife who is a teacher of all things- she was getting into hunting and while she didn't have anything evil looking, she was excited when I told her about my evil looking stuff. The PA farmer- while he may seem Fuddish, he accepted that some people like evil looking guns and some people open carry ( me LOL), and he was cool with that. His buddy, my old trapping partner, also Fuddish in appearance, but he didn't care what kind of guns you owned so long is you were cool ( legal, safe...). The customer who is also the co-owner of Uncle Bucks in MD Line- he was open carrying in the shop. Oh and my "ultra weird" customer- he owns a whole bunch of guns- and he mentioned an AR. said it's and HBAR- a real Colt one that is stamped, but the FFL made him wait the 7 day wait for it. What he said. He was having an issue with my PA one that was cash and carry- and from PA. Lastly- can't forget the epic fisherman and Loch Raven adjoining 20 acre land owner deer hunting fanatic. His son was begging him to buy an AR. Don't think he did ( son turned 18 recently- he can buy an HBAR himself now, right?) , but he found my EBR and open carry interests to be amusing and had no issues with it. He even shared some story about some guy he knew who would open carry before the law changed in '72.

On the other hand is "Danny", who likes his deer hunting, even owns a couple handguns, is all for concealed carry, but was not amused by "massacre rifles". His issue seemed to be pretty much only with the "high cap mags". There was also the ******* neighbor I had who must not of liked me open carrying and didn't bring his bear hunting buddies by like he promised he would. His issue could have been something else entirely though, like the bear hunters consisted of a few Mennonites and they brainwashed him into thinking female taxidermists=going to hell for going to one , or some stupid rumor was around about me and he believed it. I always enjoyed target shooting for the guy! And shooting "his deer". He should have told "his deer" to stay off my place.

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    This is quite a thread; I have to admit I am learning something but also observed something as well. It all seems to me about impression, characterization and ignorance IMO. I read what FUDD is as a definition in the “Urban Dictionary” (not even a real dictionary) and what I get from it is could be on the verge of racism by belief, JMO. I hunted years ago and only knew of Bolt action Rifles, Shotguns and Pistols, does that make me a “FUDD” ??? don’t know. I joined the Marines and was exposed to a whole inventory of weapons and had FUN shooting them and experiencing them. Now that I am living in MD, I joined this Forum to learn what I can in relation to Gun ownership for Home Defense and when I go back to pursuing Hunting I will still refer to this Forum. The debate seems to identify interpretation. I agree we shouldn’t alienate Gun Owners in general because they apparently have a sizable influence on what “they” believe is important and vote accordingly. All I know is I don’t judge anyone until I meet them face to face and observe accordingly.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Maybe if we in MD could create a big coyote hunting subculture, then at least the HBAR's would be much more appreciated. LOL

AR's are VERY popular among coyote hunters in western and midwestern states.

If you want to really discuss Fudds, look north. Silly PA wont legalize semi autos for hunting. #1 reason seems to be a good # of the hunters in the state don't want to legalize them. The predator and varmint hunters don't mind as much, but are outnumbered by the deer hunters. Though I get a feeling that even the predator/varmint guys have been cowed into generally accepting bolt actions and single shots. The only semi autos allowed in PA for hunting are shotguns for birds. Now, despite this dispute over semi auto rifles, PA hunters seem to be generally quite OK with EBR etc ownership, and I'd say very few have an "issue" with shall-issue. Even some of the most Fuddy sorts value that the option is there. They may choose to not carry, but if someone else wants to, they are fine with that. Look at how PA hunters erupted over the HBG outdoor show. So they may get Fuddy about the idea of hunting with an AR, but they sure are not Fuddy about what the 2A is really about.

Now I have known a # of hunters over the years, but my customer #'s have greatly dwindled since 2008 with the economic issues, and 2007 is the year that I got back into gun issues, so my pool of hunters to ask is very small now. But lets see- creepy guy I stuck with- he um had no issue with me open carrying LOL. Ok, that guy who never picked his skunk up- well I ran into him at the Shrewsbury Walmart in 2008- but he HAD mentioned suppressed firearms previously, so I have to include him. Anyone with class 3 stuff can't be a Fudd, right? The medical Dr guy who came with his buddy who had the MD bear, then later bought me a deer- then I never heard from him again- we talked about class 3's and handguns. The farmer's wife who is a teacher of all things- she was getting into hunting and while she didn't have anything evil looking, she was excited when I told her about my evil looking stuff. The PA farmer- while he may seem Fuddish, he accepted that some people like evil looking guns and some people open carry ( me LOL), and he was cool with that. His buddy, my old trapping partner, also Fuddish in appearance, but he didn't care what kind of guns you owned so long is you were cool ( legal, safe...). The customer who is also the co-owner of Uncle Bucks in MD Line- he was open carrying in the shop. Oh and my "ultra weird" customer- he owns a whole bunch of guns- and he mentioned an AR. said it's and HBAR- a real Colt one that is stamped, but the FFL made him wait the 7 day wait for it. What he said. He was having an issue with my PA one that was cash and carry- and from PA. Lastly- can't forget the epic fisherman and Loch Raven adjoining 20 acre land owner deer hunting fanatic. His son was begging him to buy an AR. Don't think he did ( son turned 18 recently- he can buy an HBAR himself now, right?) , but he found my EBR and open carry interests to be amusing and had no issues with it. He even shared some story about some guy he knew who would open carry before the law changed in '72.

On the other hand is "Danny", who likes his deer hunting, even owns a couple handguns, is all for concealed carry, but was not amused by "massacre rifles". His issue seemed to be pretty much only with the "high cap mags". There was also the ******* neighbor I had who must not of liked me open carrying and didn't bring his bear hunting buddies by like he promised he would. His issue could have been something else entirely though, like the bear hunters consisted of a few Mennonites and they brainwashed him into thinking female taxidermists=going to hell for going to one , or some stupid rumor was around about me and he believed it. I always enjoyed target shooting for the guy! And shooting "his deer". He should have told "his deer" to stay off my place.

I will ask about this next time I am up there. But my guess is they don't care because they can buy anything they want OTC . Many own ar-15 ' s but prefer to hunt with traditional rifles -- that's far from being a 'fudd' .

I respect that tradition -- I think is more about a misplaced view of ' make every shot count' on the part of hunters and a misplaced idea of conservation by everyone else.

Never met a 'fudd' in PA --- but that just me.

Anyway lets get on with it while there is still time .

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I will ask about this next time I am up there. But my guess is they don't care because they can buy anything they want OTC . Many own ar-15 ' s but prefer to hunt with traditional rifles -- that's far from being a 'fudd' .

I respect that tradition -- I think is more about a misplaced view of ' make every shot count' on the part of hunters and a misplaced idea of conservation by everyone else.

HB2333 recently introduced would remove the semi hunting ban, although a 10rd mag would be required to hunt with.

The reason for the ban that most media like to run with is rednecks mag dumping on deer, although nobody really believes it, and a couple that bring it up at hearings pretty much get laughed at. The reason I've heard talking to game commission, hunt club bigwigs, old farmers and the most vocal hunters always spout off about tradition, same with the Sunday hunting law, both are ancient and codified and relatively difficult to change. Most can care less weather you want any semi-auto to own, shoot or use for defense, in fact most would be on our side screaming if the state was looking to ban them, but for hunting many look at it more like a religious experience and less about taking food from the wild. I wouldn't go as far to call people "Fudds" about it, but I don't agree with it, and figure when the law is changed(and it probably will be before long), they can still go out neekid with a flintlock if they want, I'll wear camo and bring my modern SA rifle and we'll agree to leave each other alone about the choice.

Feb 28, 2013
    This is quite a thread; I have to admit I am learning something but also observed something as well. It all seems to me about impression, characterization and ignorance IMO. I read what FUDD is as a definition in the “Urban Dictionary” (not even a real dictionary) and what I get from it is could be on the verge of racism by belief, JMO. I hunted years ago and only knew of Bolt action Rifles, Shotguns and Pistols, does that make me a “FUDD” ??? don’t know.

In my opinion, no. That in and of itself doesn't.

My issue with the so-called "Fudd" lies in the elitism and condescension expressed by some who fit the description, not merely hunters and clay shooters in general.

If "assault weapons" aren't your cup of tea, that's fine. Different strokes for different folks, ya know. But nobody needs to look down their nose at me just because I like mine.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Maybe.. but I can be packed and out of state before any of them take office. Plus I already lost in MD. No reason to stay .. its mostly hunters that have not yet been hit.. If the pattern in NY and CT holds, as corrected for the new tools the EPA has it should be about 5 years .. less if we don't make a dent at the polls.

You can keep nursing your 'wound' over camo or you can put it behind you and get on with it.

I can be packed and out of state before any of them take office. I have already lost, and do not expect to win anything back via the ballot, but only the court. Only hunters still have much to loose. But still I fight.

For now....

i rekon your right. Md. is all but lost.

its lost for sure if folks dont try and get EVERYONE who owns guns on our side, but i guess thats too much trouble for many on here. its a shame, i thought only the anti's want to divide us but many here are just as bad IMO.

i fight everyday for my 2a rights. i also fight for my "privilege" to hunt.
    and i wear many different kinds of camo, not just camo to make me disappear in the woods.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    i rekon your right. Md. is all but lost.

its lost for sure if folks dont try and get EVERYONE who owns guns on our side, but i guess thats too much trouble for many on here. its a shame, i thought only the anti's want to divide us but many here are just as bad IMO.

i fight everyday for my 2a rights. i also fight for my "privilege" to hunt.
    and i wear many different kinds of camo, not just camo to make me disappear in the woods.

Just young folks full of ...

Lots of folks are still nursing the wound called the AWB of 94 or the NFA of 34 etc .

There was a group of folks that thought they could compromise with the opposition to protect their interests.. Think of threads like this is more like saying don't do that again please.

There is even talk that some tried to derail Heller... let put it all behind us --

or we are done.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan

"Misplaced view of make every shot count".....

WTF, Dude???

I hunt Bambi with single shot H&R firearms and I wouldn't have it any other way (except for my new Browning A Bolt in the fall). When you have one round in the chamber, it won't be wasted.

Any idiot can fire off a bunch of rounds in rapid succession and hit SOMETHING.

A tail, hoof, back leg, front leg, stomach, jaw, etc., but I wouldn't call that person a hunter any more than I would call a guy who chucks hand grenades into a pond a fisherman.

Misplaced idea of conservation alert: Real hunters have an ethical duty to put their food down humanely and quickly and with as little suffering as possible.

I don't care if folks hunt with semi autos and pumps as long as they use them responsibly. Load one in the chamber and one in the magazine for a follow-up shot if needed. Though you shouldn't need it if you can shoot worth a damn.

Spray and pray has no business in the woods and to borrow a now infamous word, PERIOD!

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    "Misplaced view of make every shot count".....

WTF, Dude???

I hunt Bambi with single shot H&R firearms and I wouldn't have it any other way (except for my new Browning A Bolt in the fall). When you have one round in the chamber, it won't be wasted.

Any idiot can fire off a bunch of rounds in rapid succession and hit SOMETHING.

A tail, hoof, back leg, front leg, stomach, jaw, etc., but I wouldn't call that person a hunter any more than I would call a guy who chucks hand grenades into a pond a fisherman.

Misplaced idea of conservation alert: Real hunters have an ethical duty to put their food down humanely and quickly and with as little suffering as possible.

I don't care if folks hunt with semi autos and pumps as long as they use them responsibly. Load one in the chamber and one in the magazine for a follow-up shot if needed. Though you shouldn't need it if you can shoot worth a damn.

Spray and pray has no business in the woods and to borrow a now infamous word, PERIOD!

easy .. what I mean is semi auto does not really force you to spray and pray -- hell I almost never use a full mag at the range 5 is the most.

But what I am saying is that some folks think that if you can you will so they restrict the tools... frankly they may have a point-- but I think education not mandates is the way ..

Peace :beer:

BTW anything not in the same hole is a miss to me -- ok so I have been know to miss quite a bit but I call them misses .. Last range trip I only fired only 15 round of 9mm because I was off that day and figured no sense wasting rounds

I do not think semi auto should be banned but every shot should count-- but that's on the hunter --- not the tool .

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    easy .. what I mean is semi auto does not really force you to spray and pray -- hell I almost never use a full mag at the range 5 is the most.

But what I am saying is that some folks think that if you can you will so they restrict the tools... frankly they may have a point-- but I think education not mandates is the way ..

Peace :beer:

BTW anything not in the same hole is a miss to me -- ok so I have been know to miss quite a bit but I call them misses .. Last range trip I only fired only 15 round of 9mm because I was off that day and figured no sense wasting rounds

I do not think semi auto should be banned but every shot should count-- but that's on the hunter --- not the tool .

:thumbsup:

I agree.

Education is what's needed.

We don't need Tools using the wrong tool.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    In my opinion, no. That in and of itself doesn't.

My issue with the so-called "Fudd" lies in the elitism and condescension expressed by some who fit the description, not merely hunters and clay shooters in general.

If "assault weapons" aren't your cup of tea, that's fine. Different strokes for different folks, ya know. But nobody needs to look down their nose at me just because I like mine.

Then there is the "tactidudd". You know, the guy that thinks he is cool as crap with all his black guns and their paraphernalia, but cannot shoot worth a damn and does not defend the 2nd Amendment one bit. We can all throw out negative nomenclature left and right. I tend to belong to both groups. I was out busting clays this afternoon with my brothers and came upon a group of new shooters. One lady was so scared of the gun that all she was doing was calling for the bird and shooting in the air with her eyes closed, her head off the stock, and pretty much just trying to keep the gun as far away from her as possible. I tried to help the group. They moved on to the next station before my brothers and I shot. We caught up to them at the next station and once again I tried to help. Mind you, the guy leading the group had asked me to help them. Anyway, when they were done they decided to hang around and watch me and my brothers. I ran the station, really smoking 2 of the 4 birds. The wife of the guy running the group then asked me, "Do you hunt?" Maybe all the DU clothing on me gave it away. My response "Yes". Her reply, "That is why you are breaking these so easy." I really wanted to explain to her that I am breaking them because I shoot a lot, whether it be at doves, geese, or clays. In fact, I probably shoot more rounds at clays than at animals. I showed her a picture on my iPhone of my 5 year old shooting my shotgun after I had finished goose hunting. The pic was of he and I in the decoys. Her exclamation "How fair is that, that you can get so close to the birds and shoot them. What sport is that?" Next, I had to explain that they were decoys and how we went about hunting geese. Mind you, her brother and niece are hunters. The ignorance out there is amazing.

Anyway, there are plenty of people out there that cannot be stereotyped as a Fudd or a Tactidudd. Personally, I think the stereotypes are extremely divisive. Bad enough that we have the divide of gun owner and anti. Don't really need to divide the gun owners even more.

Go shoot, polish your gun, etc., have fun, and be nice.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Yeah. Intentionally dividing ourselves into different factions is unproductive in the end. People have the right to own and shoot whatever the hell they want. Personally, I have never understood the divide since I own and enjoy the entire spectrum of firearms. Shoot, have fun, and stop the name calling.

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    Then there is the "tactidudd". You know, the guy that thinks he is cool as crap with all his black guns and their paraphernalia, but cannot shoot worth a damn and does not defend the 2nd Amendment one bit. We can all throw out negative nomenclature left and right. I tend to belong to both groups. I was out busting clays this afternoon with my brothers and came upon a group of new shooters. One lady was so scared of the gun that all she was doing was calling for the bird and shooting in the air with her eyes closed, her head off the stock, and pretty much just trying to keep the gun as far away from her as possible. I tried to help the group. They moved on to the next station before my brothers and I shot. We caught up to them at the next station and once again I tried to help. Mind you, the guy leading the group had asked me to help them. Anyway, when they were done they decided to hang around and watch me and my brothers. I ran the station, really smoking 2 of the 4 birds. The wife of the guy running the group then asked me, "Do you hunt?" Maybe all the DU clothing on me gave it away. My response "Yes". Her reply, "That is why you are breaking these so easy." I really wanted to explain to her that I am breaking them because I shoot a lot, whether it be at doves, geese, or clays. In fact, I probably shoot more rounds at clays than at animals. I showed her a picture on my iPhone of my 5 year old shooting my shotgun after I had finished goose hunting. The pic was of he and I in the decoys. Her exclamation "How fair is that, that you can get so close to the birds and shoot them. What sport is that?" Next, I had to explain that they were decoys and how we went about hunting geese. Mind you, her brother and niece are hunters. The ignorance out there is amazing.

Anyway, there are plenty of people out there that cannot be stereotyped as a Fudd or a Tactidudd. Personally, I think the stereotypes are extremely divisive. Bad enough that we have the divide of gun owner and anti. Don't really need to divide the gun owners even more.

Go shoot, polish your gun, etc., have fun, and be nice.

I totally agree, we as a collective just need to inform correctly with the facts whenever possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom