• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mdsec

Sep 28, 2014
    I know there have been a few posts about eBay and I'm at the point where I'm ready to move my sales to an alternative service.

See the attached pic for the numerous frustrating delistings....I'm actually proud of the AR parts I've sold on eBay...if they only new : )

What alternative sites do you use for selling off your used possessions whether firearm related or otherwise?

I know about gunbroker and armslist.

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      57.7 KB · Views: 695

tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    While its questionable if it fits into their policies...

Craigslist can be quite good. MDShooters classifieds have treated me well.

You can also become an Amazon seller if you'd like.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    They are idiots. I bought a couple items THROUGH Ebay, and later on decided I did not need them and tried to resell them there. They all got removed due to being related to "assault rifles" even though they generally weren't named. And yet, just after the Sandy Hook shooting when the gun scare was in full panic mode, they has 30 round mags all over for sale, just listed as 10, with no mention of being pinned or blocked. They have also on NUMEROUS occasions sold barreled actions for Mausers and Mosins. NON antique as well. I reported them on a few occasions, and got nothing. Ebay is admin'd by a bunch of morons who know nothing about, or could care less about guns and the legalities of them. They suck!

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Amazon will let you sell. I have no idea of what their fees are though.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    When I list things on eBay I do it by caliber in the name. For example: 5.56/.223 delta ring, instead of AR15 delta ring. Works for me.

mdsec

Sep 28, 2014
    Now my selling privileges are revoked for 3days....was trying to outsmart the coercive proselytizing bastards.

Thanks for the tips. Next round I'll post it as being for air soft.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Wow. Never heard of that happening. Next time I list something I'll see if they do it to me too. Always works just to list the caliber and then the part.

mdsec

Sep 28, 2014
    Here is the message sent to me with detail including the verboten words....apparently buffer is a keyword used in their filtering...

After reviewing your eBay account, it appears that you have violated eBay's Assault Weapons Parts and Accessories policy. As a result, we've taken the following actions on your account:*
    - Selling privileges have been temporarily restricted. You won't be able to list new items for 3 days. You're also not allowed to register a new account during this time.
    - Item listings have been removed. A list of removed items is available further down in this email.
    - Any fees for listings ended early because of this violation will not be credited to your account.
    Due to numerous laws and regulations regarding the sale of assault weapons (including parts and accessories for assault weapons), these items aren't allowed on eBay.

You may list accessories that would fit a variety of different weapons, such as scopes, sites, and shoulder straps. However, if you sell these items, you may not mention assault weapons in your listing.

Listings describing parts or accessories for assault weapons will be removed, including items that do not attach to assault weapons.

To learn more about our assault weapons policy, go to:
    http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/firearms-weapons-knives.html

You listed a buffer tube with buffer that we've identified as intended for use with a firearm that eBay considers to be an assault weapon. We appreciate that you chose to utilize our site, but we must ask that you please not relist in this case.

During this restriction, you can still:
    - Send email
    - Obtain shipping addresses
    - Leave Feedback
    - Perform other administrative tasks

Please be sure to manage any current listings and to complete any open transactions. After 3 days, your account will no longer be restricted. However, keep in mind that any additional violations of this policy could result in the suspension of your account. Once eBay suspends an account, the member no longer has any account access. In addition, all active listings are canceled, and members who placed bids on those listings are notified.

If you have more questions, contact our policy experts:
    http://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/cusr?query=508&domain=email1385

Here are*the listings we removed.
    262097351725 - 556/223 Pistol BufferTubeExtension

We appreciate your understanding.

Thanks,

eBay

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    Sounds like you need to put the following in your listing:

"This is not an assault weapon part and cannot be used on an assault weapon"

"This part is only for bolt action rifles"

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    I have used the free CMP Forums sales sites (Garand, Carbine, 1903A3) and Tyler Firearms, Halethorpe, 410-921-6393, for moving pistols, to eliminate the hassle involved with HQL and transfer of handguns in Maryland. The cost of consignment/commission is manageable and worth it to me. I've used GunBroker successfully and about a third of my sales are FTF from referrals and personal contacts. I don't possess a license and have sales exceeding 100 over the years.

Ebay fees are excessive! I'd never use them. You can sell a $1200 rifle on GunBroker for under $40.

Lew--Ranger63

Mcornbro

Corney
    Sep 21, 2015
    Harco
    I have used the free CMP Forums sales sites (Garand, Carbine, 1903A3) and Tyler Firearms, Halethorpe, 410-921-6393, for moving pistols, to eliminate the hassle involved with HQL and transfer of handguns in Maryland. The cost of consignment/commission is manageable and worth it to me. I've used GunBroker successfully and about a third of my sales are FTF from referrals and personal contacts. I don't possess a license and have sales exceeding 100 over the years.

Ebay fees are excessive! I'd never use them. You can sell a $1200 rifle on GunBroker for under $40.

Lew--Ranger63

Good to know. I have several firearms I am looking to sell and word of mouth has been tough especially with the verity I am trying to sell.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    Thing that gets pushed back after bang?

good luck getting buyers if that's your title, title manipulation is at least 25 percent of sales. It's how the search engine works. i will often buy a poorly titled / listed item, and resell it for 50 percent profit.

I hate their fees, but i get three to four times the money selling on ebay.

Sirex