Marylandstan
    NRA Candidate Grades

David Craig: A
    Charles Lollar: D
    Anthony Brown: F
    Doug Gansler: F

A vote for David Craig is a
    vote for the 2nd Amendment!

We are proud to announce that David Craig received the highest score of all candidates running for Governor!
    Please vote for David Craig on June 24th!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------

This is What Each NRA Grade Means:

David Craig received an A because he is a "solidly pro-gun
    candidate. A candidate who has supported NRA positions
    on key votes in elective office or a candidate with a
    demonstrated record of support on Second Amendment issues".

Charles Lollar received a D which means "an anti-gun candidate
    who usually supports restrictive gun control legislation
    and opposes pro-gun reforms. Regardless of public statements,
    can usually be counted on to vote wrong on key issues".

Brown and Gansler received an F which means they are "a true enemy of gun owners' rights. A consistent anti-gun candidate
    who always opposes gun owners' rights and/or actively
    leads anti-gun legislative efforts, or sponsors anti-gun legislation".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think ANY suprise here!!!

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    sw50sw8sw578.gif
    As was previously posted here on MDS:

If it's Brown
    Flush it down

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    For what it's worth I got the following email from the Lollar campaign:

We were shocked when we were told by supporters last week that the National Rifle Association had given our campaign a failing grade.

Both Charles Lollar and Ken Timmerman have been out in front of the battle in defense of our 2nd Amendment rights, which have been under siege from many Maryland legislators and state executives for many years. Both Charles and Ken have appeared at numerous pro-2nd Amendment rallies. We have posted videos of some of those appearances on our website.

Both are members of the NRA. And both received “A” ratings from the NRA during their Congressional campaigns in 2010 and 2012. (Timmerman's is here. Lollar's is here.]

In our eagerness to set the record straight on our positions, we recalled that there were questionnaires on gun rights we had received and returned months ago, and in which we reaffirmed our commitment to the 2nd Amendment as the guarantor of our freedoms. However, an internal investigation, which we have conducted with help from the NRA, has led us to conclude that the NRA survey was indeed not one of those. (We were mistaken to attribute one of those done “months ago” to the NRA.)

For its part, the NRA issued its grade based on a survey that was submitted in the name of our campaign and which blatantly misrepresented our positions. While we would have preferred that the NRA had consulted with the campaign before issuing its grade inasmuch as the positions on that survey so obviously conflicted with previous surveys Charles and Ken had submitted to the NRA during their respective congressional campaigns, and their public positions, we understand that time constraints did not allow them to do so.

We believe that a former campaign staffer completed the NRA survey, without the knowledge of the candidates or me, and sent it in to the NRA. We do not know whether or not this was done maliciously.

Supporters have also drawn attention to several paragraphs at the bottom of our statement on Gun Rights on our website that might appear ambiguous. These were drafted many months ago by a staffer who is no longer with the campaign. Today we are posting a revised version of this page to erase any ambiguity as to where we stand.

“The NRA is an important organization that represents millions of Americans, whose support for our 2nd Amendment protections has been instrumental in beating back repeated assaults on our constitutional freedoms,” said Charles Lollar.

“As your Governor, I look forward to working with the NRA and other pro-2nd Amendment groups to repeal SB 281 and other onerous legislation that has unconstitutionally – in my view – infringed upon our right to keep and bear arms.”

Bob Carlstrom
    Campaign Manager
    http://www.lollar4governor.com/nra_survey_statement

That sounds a whole lot better than a "D" grade, but is consistent with an "amateur hour" approach to this whole campaign, ref: other examples found here: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=151577

Too bad. I heard him speak on the docks at Annapolis. He sounded great then. But it doesn't look like the team supporting him knows what they're doing.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    NRA Candidate Grades

David Craig: A
    Charles Lollar: D
    Anthony Brown: F
    Doug Gansler: F

A vote for David Craig is a
    vote for the 2nd Amendment!

We are proud to announce that David Craig received the highest score of all candidates running for Governor!
    Please vote for David Craig on June 24th!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------

This is What Each NRA Grade Means:

David Craig received an A because he is a "solidly pro-gun
    candidate. A candidate who has supported NRA positions
    on key votes in elective office or a candidate with a
    demonstrated record of support on Second Amendment issues".

Charles Lollar received a D which means "an anti-gun candidate
    who usually supports restrictive gun control legislation
    and opposes pro-gun reforms. Regardless of public statements,
    can usually be counted on to vote wrong on key issues".

Brown and Gansler received an F which means they are "a true enemy of gun owners' rights. A consistent anti-gun candidate
    who always opposes gun owners' rights and/or actively
    leads anti-gun legislative efforts, or sponsors anti-gun legislation".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think ANY suprise here!!!

these grades for governor and attorney general were removed from the website the same day they were posted. the nra has yet to post updated grades. the lollar D may not stand...

I dont really care, except in the sense of accuracy and fairness.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    After viewing a number of Lollar's youtube videos, I was incredulous that he could've gotten anything but good marks from the NRA. However, if his campaign is that screwed-up already....

LongTom

Jan 13, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    Some of those ratings ARE strange...

For instance, if you read through the double-speak on Craig's website, he quite CLEARLY says he's quite happy with all the massive gun-rights restrictions except this recent new law, and he wouldn't change them, EXCEPT the new law.

That doesn't sound very pro-2A for me? All that says is you're in hell, and he's proposing turning down the furnace just a little bit. He never claimed to get you OUT.

Lollar team says they sent in their application but the NRA did not receive it, therefore it is the reason for their "default" D grade. They also state that Lollar has attended many pro-gun rallies, shoots regularly, and teaches his family.

I believe Lollar is the strongest of the 2A candidates.

I am also dis-illusioned by the NRA. Flame on if you must, but I feel that the NAGR and 2A Foundation work harder with less money, and DEFINITELY compromise (read: sell out) less.

What do you guys think?

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD

For instance, if you read through the double-speak on Craig's website, he quite CLEARLY says he's quite happy with all the massive gun-rights restrictions except this recent new law, and he wouldn't change them, EXCEPT the new law.

That doesn't sound very pro-2A for me? All that says is you're in hell, and he's proposing turning down the furnace just a little bit. He never claimed to get you OUT.

Lollar team says they sent in their application but the NRA did not receive it, therefore it is the reason for their "default" D grade. They also state that Lollar has attended many pro-gun rallies, shoots regularly, and teaches his family.

I am also dis-illusioned by the NRA. Flame on if you must, but I feel that the NAGR and 2A Foundation work harder with less money, and DEFINITELY compromise (read: sell out) less.

What do you guys think?

link to anything remotely resembling that on david craig's website. I cant find it.

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011

What do you guys think?

:lol2: :sad20:

HokieKev

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Lesser of four evils

All four choices for attorney general are rated an "F".

How can one choose the lesser of four evils when they are all rated at maximum evil. I think the NRA needs to give one of them an F+ :lol2:

Amedori

All four choices for attorney general are rated an "F".

How can one choose the lesser of four evils when they are all rated at maximum evil. I think the NRA needs to give one of them an F+ :lol2:

This is why It is important to vote for those going into the General Assembly who will take on whatever fight they bring. Elect folks who are not afraid to stand toe to toe with the gun grabbers.

Carmen Amedori

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom