• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    I am in the market for a .357/.38s+p carry revolver.

I am thinking maybe a rossi or a Ruger SP 101.

I have heard good things about both. Someone who is a wheelman help me out.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Carry piece.........S&W 642 or Scadinum framed revolver (personally not worth the extra money but still cool)

If it's a "Carry" piece, no hammer is the best.

TheDevilHimself

, Duffy's Gun Room
    Industry Partner
    Jul 15, 2011
    Sparks, MD
    That depends on how large or small of a carry gun you want. The SP101 isn't a bad choice. I'm a bit partial to the S&W 586+ L-Comp

Attachments

• lcomp.jpg
      lcomp.jpg
      32.5 KB · Views: 514

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    What's your intended purpose for the revolver? If it's to carry, I agree the 642 is hard to beat. Ruger LCR is right up there. But honestly, I'd get it in 9mm - cheaper to shoot and generally a little more powerful than .38SPL, some are right up there with the best .357. I've heard very serious competitive shooters say that 9mm ammo is more consistent (power factor).

If it's just a range toy, competition or home protection piece S&W929 is ideal, me thinks. :)

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    What's your intended purpose for the revolver? If it's to carry, I agree the 642 is hard to beat. Ruger LCR is right up there. But honestly, I'd get it in 9mm - cheaper to shoot and generally a little more powerful than .38SPL, some are right up there with the best .357. I've heard very serious competitive shooters say that 9mm ammo is more consistent (power factor).

If it's just a range toy, competition or home protection piece S&W929 is ideal, me thinks. :)

Its for carry. I want the option of 357 or 38 though. So the gun MUST be able to shoot both. I typically carry and stock 9mm.

I carry a glock 26 and a keltec pf9 both are awesome. I want a revolver to go with my carry rotation. Once you get to carry, guns are like man purses.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Its for carry. I want the option of 357 or 38 though. So the gun MUST be able to shoot both. I typically carry and stock 9mm.

I carry a glock 26 and a keltec pf9 both are awesome. I want a revolver to go with my carry rotation. Once you get to carry, guns are like man purses.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...57768_757767_757751_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y (Model 340 PD)

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...57783_757781_757781_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y (Model M&P 340)

Also the s&w 640 stainless.

You asked for it............

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    You can carry a hammerless in a pocket OR in a holster. You pretty much cannot carry an exposed hammer in a pocket.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I am in the market for a .357/.38s+p carry revolver.

I am thinking maybe a rossi or a Ruger SP 101.

I have heard good things about both. Someone who is a wheelman help me out.

SP101 for sure, I have two. You can shoot them on 4/26. Are you looking to carry it?

2.25" spurless and 3 inch standard

TheDevilHimself

, Duffy's Gun Room
    Industry Partner
    Jul 15, 2011
    Sparks, MD
    wow the 586 and 686 are priiiiicy

Yeah, I bought one of those L-Comps for my mother a few years ago. That stung a bit...

You might also want to check out the S&W M&P 340, S&W 360, 640 & 649.

If you're willing to go to 38 SPL only, get a 642.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    Yes carry. I dont pocket carry, I either wear a belly band or holster. Pocket carry is weird for me.

Funny wife likes the black one over the stainless one. I think revolvers should all be stainless.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I'd skip pocket carry and get the 2.25" Sp-101. I find. 357 to be fine in it but a 158gr +p .38 isn't without merit.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Yes carry. I dont pocket carry, I either wear a belly band or holster. Pocket carry is weird for me.

Funny wife likes the black one over the stainless one. I think revolvers should all be stainless.

Get the Little Foxx IWB holster to go with your new SP101. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom