What would be cheapest I could get a full auto for?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • anil

Sep 28, 2008
    Silver Spring, MD
    FNC's have gone up about $2K in the past 6 months. They are now pushing $10k+. FNC Sears that sold for $3K in the Fall are noW $4-4.5, if you can find one

I wonder if people bought them up hoping to drop them into a SCAR? Thought that was shot down by ATF... Which makes no sense of it is a registered sear. Who cares what you jam it in to.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    I wonder if people bought them up hoping to drop them into a SCAR? Thought that was shot down by ATF... Which makes no sense of it is a registered sear. Who cares what you jam it in to.

A lot were bought as investment and also a cheap way to get into rifle caliber full auto. Supply and demand caught up and prices increased accordingly. I should have bought 3 of them when I got mine last August.

And I would love to pull mine out of the FNC and drop it in a SCAR.......but that's not likely to ever happen.

alpine44

Feb 5, 2010
    IMO, there are two full auto guns that make sense: the MP5 in 9mm and the P90 (post 86 dealer sample only) in 5.7x28 . With these you can actually keep the lead on the target for an entire mag. Everything else is more for psychological effect and cool factor rather than for hit count.

Tip: When shooting the MP5, try to twist in into a pretzel. That will tighten up all your upper body muscles and the gun will stay on target.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Technology is wonderful

i have recently put together an M16 suppressed slowfire upper using a Ferfrans Delayed sear release system an an AAC/ enidine buffer. This slows down the cyclic rate if the 10.5" upper from over 1000 rpm to a manageable 600 rpm.

8 " pie plates , 25 yards full auto burst= 90% plus hits.

MauiWowie

I have the SIGness...
    Nov 23, 2008
    Harford Co.
    Sure full auto is fun, but never practical and a waste. Not very accurate and you will spend a ton......on the ammo, the gun, and tax stamp(s).

This is the funniest post I've read in a long time.
    You're saying this to people on this forum that on AVERAGE own 5 or more firearms but I guess that's more practical and cheap! LoL

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Sure full auto is fun, but never practical and a waste. Not very accurate and you will spend a ton......on the ammo, the gun, and tax stamp(s).

Mine have been good investments. Gone up quite a bit in a couple of years. Better than the stock mkt by far.
    2-3 years ago you could get a short barreled AC 5.56 for 5K now more like 8K as an example. MACs have gone up a lot also.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Mine have been good investments. Gone up quite a bit in a couple of years. Better than the stock mkt by far.
    2-3 years ago you could get a short barreled AC 5.56 for 5K now more like 8K as an example. MACs have gone up a lot also.

In the last year alone my RLL has gone up at least $2k

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    A waste

"A waste" and a "spend a ton" are relative terms. Kind of like the guy with the VW Jetta Hybrid putting down the Viper with the V10. Fun comes in all different flavors and the depth of your pockets often determines how you roll.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD

Never Practical... hah.. thats why every army in the world uses them and the few that switched back to semi quickly reversed course. Obviously you don't understand the idea of suppression fire. A waste... well if its fun, where is the waste? We are just wasting our ammo faster than you.

No accurate... again, we practice accuracy. Its just at a different scale where time is involved. A M16 is more accurate that a semi auto AR with a bumpfire stock...

Spend a ton... well you shoot more less often. I take my Maxims out in7.62x54r at $.20 around and Spend like $200 in a days shooting. However I only do it about 4 times a year. There are no guns easier to resell than FA.

Frankly, I think its just jealously. I always find it interesting that most FA shooters can appreciate a flintlock gun but few muzzle loaders can appreciate the FA gun.

IMO, there are two full auto guns that make sense: the MP5 in 9mm and the P90 (post 86 dealer sample only) in 5.7x28 . With these you can actually keep the lead on the target for an entire mag. Everything else is more for psychological effect and cool factor rather than for hit count.

Tip: When shooting the MP5, try to twist in into a pretzel. That will tighten up all your upper body muscles and the gun will stay on target.

Why would only two make sense? I can keep lead on target with most FA guns. Hell my Maxim will shoot much tighter groups that any subgun including the MP5. There are many types of FA for different purposes. There is also a skill level one needs to master them. Thats like saying no 50 sniper rifles are good for sniping as you are going to flinch. Well only if you are not very good...

I have shot FA in many ways and working yourself into a Pretzel never worked for me and may explain why you think only a MP5 is accurate. I have found thatcorrectly applying your weight to counter recoil is the key that most miss when shooting FA. Its like taking that step into a swing when hitting a ball. To hit a ball, you don't have to step into it but to hit a ball well you do...

Not every FA gun needs to allow you to dump a full mag on target to be effective. The Germans found that delivering 3 rounds at a very high rate of recoil was the most effective way to shoot.

To understand the real purpose and use of FA fire, you must first understand that in battle, delivering high volumes of fire at the critical point will delivery victory most often. Since most of us will never actually feel this, I think those that play paintball are most able to grasp the effect. While Paintball is far from shooting real guns, you begin to understand that while a pump single shot and be very effect and still plenty capable of delivering a kill, that high volume fire keep your opponent from being able to move and allows you to out flank them and eliminate them. Of course some of this is psychological but I can tell you that running through a wall of fire most often ends with you being hit. As far as shooting as a hobby, anything uncommon has a cool factor to it. However if you see them all the time like I do, I would think seeing a wheel lock muzzle loader would be much cooler than watching or shooting a M16 as I have done that...

Jeb Uberstead

Apr 19, 2013
    Carroll Co
    Never Practical... hah.. thats why every army in the world uses them and the few that switched back to semi quickly reversed course. Obviously you don't understand the idea of suppression fire. A waste... well if its fun, where is the waste? We are just wasting our ammo faster than you.

No accurate... again, we practice accuracy. Its just at a different scale where time is involved. A M16 is more accurate that a semi auto AR with a bumpfire stock...

Spend a ton... well you shoot more less often. I take my Maxims out in7.62x54r at $.20 around and Spend like $200 in a days shooting. However I only do it about 4 times a year. There are no guns easier to resell than FA.

Frankly, I think its just jealously. I always find it interesting that most FA shooters can appreciate a flintlock gun but few muzzle loaders can appreciate the FA gun.

Why would only two make sense? I can keep lead on target with most FA guns. Hell my Maxim will shoot much tighter groups that any subgun including the MP5. There are many types of FA for different purposes. There is also a skill level one needs to master them. Thats like saying no 50 sniper rifles are good for sniping as you are going to flinch. Well only if you are not very good...

I have shot FA in many ways and working yourself into a Pretzel never worked for me and may explain why you think only a MP5 is accurate. I have found thatcorrectly applying your weight to counter recoil is the key that most miss when shooting FA. Its like taking that step into a swing when hitting a ball. To hit a ball, you don't have to step into it but to hit a ball well you do...

Not every FA gun needs to allow you to dump a full mag on target to be effective. The Germans found that delivering 3 rounds at a very high rate of recoil was the most effective way to shoot.

To understand the real purpose and use of FA fire, you must first understand that in battle, delivering high volumes of fire at the critical point will delivery victory most often. Since most of us will never actually feel this, I think those that play paintball are most able to grasp the effect. While Paintball is far from shooting real guns, you begin to understand that while a pump single shot and be very effect and still plenty capable of delivering a kill, that high volume fire keep your opponent from being able to move and allows you to out flank them and eliminate them. Of course some of this is psychological but I can tell you that running through a wall of fire most often ends with you being hit. As far as shooting as a hobby, anything uncommon has a cool factor to it. However if you see them all the time like I do, I would think seeing a wheel lock muzzle loader would be much cooler than watching or shooting a M16 as I have done that...
    I love it!

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I enjoy posting a post that gets such a passionate response. That's what I love. Of course I think full auto is the way to go, but there are some people who think semi is more practical.

I don't know if it was that passionate but I guess it does get a bit old hearing you are just wasting your money. Some people really get into it and accuse you of basically stealing all the ammo, driving up ammo prices... the list goes on. You would be shocked the lack of knowledge on the subject. I mean some people really think that after 5 shots with a Tommy gun you will be shooting straight up in the air! Before we started the FA shooting at the AGC, you would not believe some of the stories we heard. If even half of them were true we would have a pile of dead and half the range blown away and dead birds all over the place. :rolleyes:

As far as what is practical... it just all depends your purpose. I mean I don't think anyone would argue that a FA sniper rifle is needed. I mean the M14 gets pulled into that roll sometimes. However in that case, I think some would argue bolt guns are more practical than Semi Autos. However the idea of an Army adopting a non FA capable Assault rifle has been pretty much proven out to be a mistake. If it was not the Brit Troops taking the Argentinian FA FALs over the semi L1A1 FALs to the Army moving away from three shot burst and back to standard FA. It seems to be a never ending fight in the military. Some will just never see that more fire power wins battles. I mean look how long the Henry Lever guns were out before the Army adopted a repeating rifle. The fight over moving to semi auto. Even the Garand getting a 8 shot clip over a 20 round mag. So for practical reasons, there is a huge role for FA in the military and so also in Civilian life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom