What would be cheapest I could get a full auto for?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    MSAR does not allow full auto but allows bump fire devices. WTF?
    Selectfire allows full auto in pistol rounds only and you can never ever ever ever ever have a cellphone within the premises.

My guess is that they have semi auto fire only on their insurance?

As far as Selectfire and cell phone. Maybe one of the stupidest requirements ever!!! Besides that I have not had good interactions with the staff, this no cell phone rule is maybe the worst idea ever. I like how they play that it is because of their alarm system. Either they have the worst alarm system in the history of the world and are stupid for keeping it or they are just lying and making the stupidest rule ever. I heard it was suppose to go away but I have not been there to see. I have some friends that shoot there during the weekly FA shoot. However with a Daughter with a medical condition, I am not going out of communication just so I can shoot at a shop with a retarded rule!

Back to the guy who sold the Uzi... clearly you had places to go and shoot. I am still betting you know someone who would let you blast away in one of those back woods locations... or you should!

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    You mean like the housing market? :lol2:

Yes except the Government is not giving away money to buy MGs. Also they are not forcing banks to take bad loans for MGs or face discrimination lawsuits. The only way this bubble bursts is if they Government release control of the market. So in other words, the market is as sound as any...

It does seem every time I turn around I am getting screwed by the Government...

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Frankly if I was getting into MGs right now I would be looking at: M11s, Uzis, FNCs, AC556, AR18s, and 1919a4s as they are still the best priced MGs in their category that are not historical type guns. MG08/15s are cheap for a belt fed parts the 1919a4 is still better for a shooter.

Whats a 1919a4 go for now? That or an AR18 would be pretty neat.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    I've been to Select Fire about a dozen times and never once turned my phone off... Then again I haven't had to use it in the store, but still. If there's an emergency, you can still get your phone call. They'll probably make a stink over it but it's not like they can do anything other than make you leave, which you were going to do anyway.

Los

Jan 13, 2013
    Eastern Shore of Maryland
    This thread has been helpful on prices for bargain guns. I'm just now dipping my toe in NFA items (starting with an Arsenal Gun Trust) and I've been looking for a bargain MP5, preferably an MP5SD (with suppressor). Unfortunately, I'm discovering that "bargain" and "MP5" do not go together.

While I was buying a full-auto AR/M16, this site helped me on prices:
    http://www.machinegunprices.com/html/machine_guns.html

For subguns, here are the historical prices:
    http://www.machinegunprices.com/html/subguns.html

I hope that helps. And if anyone is in the market to sell their full auto guns or RDIAS, I'm looking to slowly build my collection!

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    This thread has been helpful on prices for bargain guns. I'm just now dipping my toe in NFA items (starting with an Arsenal Gun Trust) and I've been looking for...

I hope that helps. And if anyone is in the market to sell their full auto guns or RDIAS, I'm looking to slowly build my collection!

Good, glad we could help. Remember that MG price guide that you linked to tracks asking price, not selling price. So they are higher than the going rate IMHO. Yes the HK family is no to cheap. The MP5 really is a gem. I got to shoot a G3 today and its ok but a lot to handle on FA.

Los

Jan 13, 2013
    Eastern Shore of Maryland
    Oh, I didn't realize that. So those are the asking prices... That now makes sense, seeing as how I was able to get my PAWS AR-15/M16 for a couple grand less than the average price. Now I get it. Anyway, I would love to shoot an MP5 before plopping down > $20k for one. I made the mistake of ordering a 7.5" AR SBR without shooting one and, from what I've since read, it's likely to be loud as hell and not much fun to shoot once I get it.

.22 caliber machine guns make all sorts of sense. I just learned about the American 180s, thanks to this group, and that's now on my list next to the Norrell trigger pack. If anyone has either of those for sale, I'd be interested. Especially for the 10/22 Norrell trigger pack.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Sure full auto is fun, but never practical and a waste. Not very accurate and you will spend a ton......on the ammo, the gun, and tax stamp(s).

So what? If you can afford it go for it. My 2 guns have gone up in value quite a bit in the 2-3 years I have owned them. Like they say, you really just rent a MSG, pay for ammo and hope to recoup your money. All of it has gone up a lot recently.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Oh, I didn't realize that. So those are the asking prices... That now makes sense, seeing as how I was able to get my PAWS AR-15/M16 for a couple grand less than the average price. Now I get it. Anyway, I would love to shoot an MP5 before plopping down > $20k for one. I made the mistake of ordering a 7.5" AR SBR without shooting one and, from what I've since read, it's likely to be loud as hell and not much fun to shoot once I get it.

.22 caliber machine guns make all sorts of sense. I just learned about the American 180s, thanks to this group, and that's now on my list next to the Norrell trigger pack. If anyone has either of those for sale, I'd be interested. Especially for the 10/22 Norrell trigger pack.

Wouldn't we all like to have a Norell.:D

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Technology is wonderful

i have recently put together an M16 suppressed slowfire upper using a Ferfrans Delayed sear release system an an AAC/ enidine buffer. This slows down the cyclic rate if the 10.5" upper from over 1000 rpm to a manageable 600 rpm.

8 " pie plates , 25 yards full auto burst= 90% plus hits.

I like this idea. Have to look into it.Thanks.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I have GOT to get qualified at AGC this month. The weather was lousy for May's Qualification.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    I have GOT to get qualified at AGC this month. The weather was lousy for May's Qualification.

The TCA had a good full auto shoot yesterday At AGC. Just a small group showed up, but we still had a nice selection of FA weapons. They included a few M16s, FNC, M11, MP5, G3, Madsen 50, M14, & Uzi. And of course a handful of other NFA items.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Oh, I didn't realize that. So those are the asking prices... That now makes sense, seeing as how I was able to get my PAWS AR-15/M16 for a couple grand less than the average price. Now I get it. Anyway, I would love to shoot an MP5 before plopping down > $20k for one....

There are several MP5s at the AGC and getting to shoot one before buying will not be an issue. However if I had to tell someone they would like any gun without first shooting it, it would be the MP5. Its the best SMG I have shot so far, hands down. The only think I don't like about the MP5 is how high optics get mounted.

As far as the 22 MGs, there are some other options. Frankly I think the Lage M11/22 kit is one of the best. For this reason... he makes an adapter to use the 10-22 mag loader on his mags. So for about half the cost of a Norrell trigger pack you can be into a M11 with 22 conversion kit. Not that the FA 10-22 wouldn't be awesome and if you have the money, go for it. The American 180 mags while huge and awesome I hear are a real bitch to reload. Meaning that you load them at home, shoot them once and you are done for the day. That they are not easy to reload at the range.

Yes you do, come on now, lousy weather.... thats a very weak excuse!

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    This thread has been helpful on prices for bargain guns. I'm just now dipping my toe in NFA items (starting with an Arsenal Gun Trust) and I've been looking for a bargain MP5, preferably an MP5SD (with suppressor). Unfortunately, I'm discovering that "bargain" and "MP5" do not go together.

That's putting it mildly. :lol: I'd suggest either an Uzi with a suppressor (and I'll happily sell you one, very lightly used), or a Sterling with a can.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I may be interested in both, Mike. Please PM me the details...

What details do you want? I don't think he said he had either to sell? Just the suppressor...

The Uzi is a great gun. When comparing with a Lage Max11, I would say its harder to mount optics on but still can be done. However the real advantage is the magazine. The Uzi mags are some of the best ever! I don't know if this makes it worth the extra money over the Max11 but I would consider it a step up overall.

The Sterling is to me more of a historical gun. Yeah you can add stuff to it but it would look odd with a suppressor sticking off the front or optics on top. You could get the version with the built in suppressor but they are not cheap! I don't like the offset mag. If you want a historical gun, they are nice however if you are really looking for a shooter, I would go with the M11, Uzi or MP5.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom