• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    i went up today with some friends. i must say parking wasnt an issue and there was plenty of elbow room inside. i talked to a few of the vendors i know who said sales weren't spectacular but "ok".
    not much in the way of ammo deals.
    i think i got some good deals, inlcuding a hard to find marlin camp 9 and a cosmolined sino-soviet sks. for me it was worth the trip.:thumbsup:s

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    i went up today with some friends. i must say parking wasnt an issue and there was plenty of elbow room inside. i talked to a few of the vendors i know who said sales weren't spectacular but "ok".
    not much in the way of ammo deals.
    i think i got some good deals, inlcuding a hard to find marlin camp 9 and a cosmolined sino-soviet sks. for me it was worth the trip.:thumbsup:s

Maybe that will cause them to learn Maryland laws and start selling to Marylanders.

zyo81

Jan 6, 2013
    I walked by a booth and a md resident was trying to buy an hbar. The dealer told him "If you're from md I can't sell you anything but a shotgun"

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I grabbed a few things at the show.. Mags, drum and slide fire stock.. Price for the slide fire was lowest I've seen so I'm gonna have some range fun this weekend.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    I picked up a few hard to find items and some ammo cans, but pretty much everything on my list was priced wrong... At least 25% over online prices. Oh well... Still had a good time looking around, and got a couple things for my 5.45 build.

Right_to_arm_bears

OIF, OND, & OEF Vet.
    Nov 13, 2012
    MD
    Ok, I lied about not going to the Chantilly show on the 26th. What can I say? I love gun shows...I went Saturday around 2pm with my wife. This is the first time ever that I have gone to a gun show, walked around for 2 hours, and left without purchasing anything.

Crazy prices on ammo/accessories and poor attitudes from vendors were my main reasons for keeping my wallet secured in my pocket. There was an awesome selection of firearms for sale though. Not for MD residents of course!

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    FFL dealer from VA. I set up there on the left side, 3 rows over from the front door. Gladly sell to you guys. If I have a transfer question I ask Gus from Accurate Tackle and Pawn. I had a good selection of Mini-14 and Thirties, 10/22s hunting rifles, and will ship handguns for $20.

remind us next show. Many will be happy to spend money with someone who actually works within the laws.

lennyk

Jan 11, 2013
    Woodbine
    FFL dealer from VA. I set up there on the left side, 3 rows over from the front door. Gladly sell to you guys. If I have a transfer question I ask Gus from Accurate Tackle and Pawn. I had a good selection of Mini-14 and Thirties, 10/22s hunting rifles, and will ship handguns for $20.

Welcome aboard! May I suggest becoming an Industry Partner. What is your formal name and will definitely be on the look out for you. Will you allow to separate the magazine from the firearm at time of purchase?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

You did have a good selection, I looked at the Mini-14's and if not for looking for other things on my list, almost bought one. Perhaps next time.

I presume you are in the same spot each show?

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    So reading through this it seems that being from MD they won't sell you Rifles because?
    1) The MD Laws that are in place?
    2) Its a residency thing as far as where the shows take place and who buys?

I am slightly new with the gun show thing, looking to go when I come home in November just before Thanksgiving and there is this "The Nations Gun Show" and they won't sell "Guns" to MDers??? or is it ignorence? maybe some help here, I don't want to waste my time being that I am home for a short time...

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    So reading through this it seems that being from MD they won't sell you Rifles because?
    1) The MD Laws that are in place?
    2) Its a residency thing as far as where the shows take place and who buys?

I am slightly new with the gun show thing, looking to go when I come home in November just before Thanksgiving and there is this "The Nations Gun Show" and they won't sell "Guns" to MDers??? or is it ignorence? maybe some help here, I don't want to waste my time being that I am home for a short time...
    Monster ignorance.

Per Federal law, any FFL can sell any non-handgun to a resident of any other state as long as the laws of both states are followed.

The FFL can sell me any 'non-banned in Maryland' rifle or shotgun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom