• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    I'm going today after work to get some mags and look at some AR parts. I get off at 5 and leaving from Gburg so hopefully tragic won't be to bad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Do NOT take 66 west this afternoon! Wires hanging down over the road. The repair crews just getting started. Traffic is a mess.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    prob the shortest line to get in I've seen in a long time. parking lot nowhere near full.

seems some ammo dealers defected. but as usual tons of handguns and long guns.

ammo prices still can come down some or a lot, especially handgun (9/40/45).

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    If anyone is there and could tell me if they have seen hi cap glock mags. if so details would be nice.

I saw some big sticks (~33 rounders) on some tables, not sure if 9 and/or 40 and no idea on price. if you mean 'normal' capacity (15-17) those were all over, again not sure of price.

plenty of all kinds of mainstream mags there (magpul, glock, etc).

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    Please post any deals you see.
    Looking for inexpensive sks and a dealer who will sell to md.

RDavidP

Mar 8, 2007
    Frederick
    Found a table full of Varget powder and many others but not what I was looking for. Pretty empty right now.

Did you notice if there were any stipulations on buying the powder at this table? There is one vendor there, at least at one time, that had a policy that you had to buy the same other merchandise that came to the same price of the powder you wanted to buy before you could buy powder.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    The guy with all the Varget was near the front on the left. No sign about buying anything else. He was selling mostly guns and had some ammo and about 30 lbs of Varget.

bowoah

GlockBlock
    Jul 1, 2014
    PG County
    I saw some big sticks (~33 rounders) on some tables, not sure if 9 and/or 40 and no idea on price. if you mean 'normal' capacity (15-17) those were all over, again not sure of price.

plenty of all kinds of mainstream mags there (magpul, glock, etc).

Thanks, too bad im still at work! i might miss this one.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Precision Firearms will be at the Chantilly show this weekend. We will have our normal massive selection of the best AR parts and accessories on the market. Some of our stocked brands include: Apex, BCM, Geissele, Noveske, Fortis, SLR, Daniel Defense, Troy, Vtac, US Optics, Vortex, AAC, Surefire, PWS, Battle Arms, Battlecomp, Magpul, Hogue, Ergo, Tango Down, Vltor, etc.

We will have 18 tables of Good Stuff!

A lot of Rifles will be available through our VA dealer. We will have about 60 Uppers in 204 ruger, 223 Wylde, 5.56, 300AAC, SBU (Short Barrel Upper), 6.8, 6.5 Grendel, 260 Rem, 308 Win, 243 Win, and more.

Will you be doing any assembly there or is everything already put together?

I was thinking on going to the show and if you are building, I'd bring a stripped lower I've been putting off putting together.

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    After sitting forever in 66 traffic I finally made it there. I finally arrived around 13:45 and walked right in. No lines at all. As expected I was disappointed for the most part. $0.15-0.25 per round on 22lr seemed to be the norm. I broke my plan and actually asked about a few rifles and got the sorry your from maryland no sale. So I moved on to my previous plan of looking for some accessories I wanted. I tried to buy a few clips for a 6.5 carcano and only one vendor had them. He had the display one marked as being $12.99 and when I told him I wanted some he said he would only sell me 1 and he wanted $15 cash for it. I pointed out the price tag and he said they were collie table and I was lucky he was even willing to sell it to me....WTF he had a few dozen of them and he wanted more than his asking price. After I over paid for the one clip I told him if it wasn't for my dad I would have told him where he could shove it. I also told him vendors like him are why less people are going to gun shows and are now buying off the internet. He didn't have a response but the people at the table looking at his clips turned and walked away from him.
    I only found about half of what I wanted. Ohh well I guess the internet companies will get my money.
    On a bright note I found four of the items I wanted at precision firearms. They were very friendly and showed me several options and help pick out what was going to work best for me. They even switched the springs out on the trigger I bought from them for free to what they said would make the trigger even better. I will definitely buy from them again.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    The guy with all the Varget was near the front on the left. No sign about buying anything else. He was selling mostly guns and had some ammo and about 30 lbs of Varget.

Crap, now I may have to get up early and be there when they open, just for the Varget. Do you recall the price?

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    It would almost be worth going just for the Varget. I use it for two cartridges. Why does this powder for to be so darn good for 30 caliber cartridges?

If you go and the price per pound is reasonable, get all you can, and I will split it with you.

I would go for at least 10 pounds, if not more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom