• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    He overestimated the will for gun control in Congress.

Hold no illusions that the GA won't keep trying (though some are softening).

Federally it has to be part of some greater D plan in the coming election. Anyone in middle school or beyond knows there is no way he can get Federal gun restrictions thru the current Congress; I don't think there is any overestimation.

Their new buzzwords are "gun safety" and "sensible gun safety". I think we can bet on hearing those words in the coming GA session.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Why a problem against Obama relative to gun control??? Outside of every gun owner's insistence that he would take your guns away, he has, in fact, done absolutely nothing in his presidency to take actions against gun ownership. He's only just started spewing anti-gun rhetoric, with which I disagree, but even he says he can't and isn't going to do anything.

I call BS.

His pushing and support of anti-gun legislation in congress, direction of the ATF, and EPA all say otherwise.

Congress never sent him a bill in regards to gun control, but you can damn well bet he'd sign it.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Why a problem against Obama relative to gun control??? Outside of every gun owner's insistence that he would take your guns away, he has, in fact, done absolutely nothing in his presidency to take actions against gun ownership. He's only just started spewing anti-gun rhetoric, with which I disagree, but even he says he can't and isn't going to do anything.

Yep, he seemed to be on stage #5 of grief, acceptance. It will fall in Hillary's lap. Just keep both houses, and no problem.. maybe.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD

Just started? Are you an Obama voter?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Ok , I'm a page or two behind.

The big factor in family size is taxes. Comparing to the late 1940' , adjusting for inflation , the first 60K or so of today's $ would have been tax free for a family of 4 . With net income being very close to gross income it wasn't very hard for one breadwinner to comfortably support a family. Rising tax rates & bracket creep closely follows the increase in two earner families in order to remain vaguely middle class. Paying for child care raises the marginal costs for additional children.

"Back in the day" , the more unpaid farmworkers the better. In modern day , for those primarily dempending on gov't benefits , more kids > more benefits.

GryphonII

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 1, 2015
    . . . In modern day, for those primarily depending on gov't benefits, more kids = more benefits.

Exactly. Instead of promoting responsibility and self-control (which most of the middle class has done on its own over the years) the government subsidizes and encourages the problem, all while promising it will somehow propel the beneficiaries into better economic conditions, but all the subsidies really do is guarantee most of the beneficiaries will remain where they are forever.

Exactly. Instead of promoting responsibility and self-control (which most of the middle class has done on its own over the years) the government subsidizes and encourages the problem, all while promising it will somehow propel the beneficiaries into better economic conditions, but all the subsidies really do is guarantee most of the beneficiaries will remain where they are forever.

It's a simple matter of remaining in power. Social programs (which are now know as entitlements) are nothing more than vote buying. it's done mostly by the democrats. Welfare of all types is one form, but it's also done in the name of "social justice" like bowing to special interests...LGBT, militant Environmentalists and anti gun groups to name a few..

This is why no one should ever trust a democrat...ANY democrat...regardless of what they claim to support. If a democrat claims to support conservative principals (such as 2A issues) they are either a liar and have their own "agenda" or they aren't smart enough to figure out that the democrats of the 21st century are not the same people as the democrat part of 30 years ago...either way they are not to be trusted..

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Welcome back brother. I hope you can recover your old account.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    The Sun's reporting that Hogan's favorability is increasing steadily, according to Goucher College.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...arity-increases-poll-says-20151005-story.html

Gov. Larry Hogan enjoys growing popularity in Maryland as more residents make up their mind about the new Republican governor, a new Goucher College poll found.

The poll released Monday found 54 percent of those surveyed felt favorably about Hogan, a whopping 21 point increase from when the college conducted its previous poll in February.

The strong favorability rating in a state where Democrats outnumber Republicans 2 to 1 means the governor has considerable support from voters outside his own party. More than half of the Democrats surveyed said they approved of the job Hogan was doing. Among Republicans, 80 percent did.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    And how quickly do you think that would change if he made self defense as the only G&S needed to get a carry permit?

The upcoming legislative session should be quite interesting.

It would sure get me off the fence about him. Me, and every other person I know that isn't all that impressed with the inaction so far.

Others on the other side of the fence? They'd never know the difference until they heard about it at a BBQ next summer. Much like people don't realize just how hard it is to get a CCW in MD (new people moving in, etc.)

A change such as making regular old self defense "G&S" would go very largely unnoticed by the masses.

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    It would sure get me off the fence about him. Me, and every other person I know that isn't all that impressed with the inaction so far.

Others on the other side of the fence? They'd never know the difference until they heard about it at a BBQ next summer. Much like people don't realize just how hard it is to get a CCW in MD (new people moving in, etc.)

A change such as making regular old self defense "G&S" would go very largely unnoticed by the masses.

But assuredly would not go unnoticed by the AG's office and his minions that still reside in the MGA...

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    I believe 2A rights have hit the best they will be "publicly and legislatively" , so in those two areas, worse is now the only direction.

I dunno... I think nationally they continue to get better. In the last year or so we have actually added a constitutional carry state (maybe 2?). It is only in the very liberal hold out areas that things can't get moving.

And how quickly do you think that would change if he made self defense as the only G&S needed to get a carry permit? The upcoming legislative session should be quite interesting.

I don't think gun rights are really that much of a hotbed issue for the average person in Maryland. I think taxes, economy, environmental, and educational issues seem to be up at the top. Honestly if he did it, I don't think the average joe would really notice or care (save for us). Obviously the AG and MGA would go all hell on wheels and such...save the children etc.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013

That has always been my reckoning, but unfortunately then remember the bias in the media would make it a three ring circus.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    And how quickly do you think that would change if he made self defense as the only G&S needed to get a carry permit?

The upcoming legislative session should be quite interesting.

Self Defense is already a G&S (Personal Protection).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom