• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    His district always covered 3 counties, the last redistricting made the portion of Cecil County (his county of residence) smaller. I also believe (I would have to check to absolutely sure) but his district is the only multi county district that requires voters to vote for one candidate from each county and not multiple candidates from the same county.
    Yes but I believe he had a split district that they combined into 1 whole district. It was an A, B,C district.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Yes but I believe he had a split district that they combined into 1 whole district. It was an A, B,C district.

Nope, no ABC district, always was one solid district, with three Delegates and one Senator.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    As long as the democrats control the political process we are pissing into the wind.
    Welcome aboard Okletfish and thanks for posting in the 'Introductions' thread.

It can be extremely discouraging at times, but do what you can to fight the machine. Call/write/visit your reps, don't be a silent sheep, get on as many .gov lists as you can.

Just don't tug on Superman's cape. :D

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    So, it seems we've settled the Mike Smigiel conversation,.... NOTHING happened to the districts, he wasn't "forced" out, he simply quit for lack of a better description.

I'm not mad at him, just pointing out that you can't win an election without even being part of a campaign.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Better tell all those new gun owners then. They must be really confused..

I'll call all three of them. You are in denial if you think per capita domicile gun ownership is growing, but keep up with that delusion.

In any case the decline of white men does not bother me one bit. In fact I quite favoir it.

I wouldn't have thought any different.

The population of Maryland over 18 years old is comprised of 1/3 White Males. So 2/3 of MSI, MDS , NRA etc. is naturally something different? The studies you quickly paint as leftist propaganda siting gun ownership by home in decline is in line with "white male" head of household dissolution. Go ahead and ignore. Romney would have won in a landslide had he the demographics that Reagan had. It is really not so difficult for rational people to grasp.

Doing ancestry research going back to the 1600's in America, having ten plus kids was very common through the 1800's. There was your American gun culture right there. Now lucky if each couple spawns two. So rejoice the white male is dying off, and think about it when the new wave comes to get your guns.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Nope, no ABC district, always was one solid district, with three Delegates and one Senator.

You are right, what they did was change it so you could only vote for 1 per county, I dont understand this method, and made significant changes in the boundaries. They were split into 4 counties; Cecil, Queen Annes, Caroline, and Kent. Caroline, Kent, and QA each had only 1 candidate running. The shift into Caroline was new. In Cecil he had three challengers. So the three counties with only 1 candidate all won, where Caroline (the new addition to his district) narrowly eeked out Mike. Which goes back to one of my original statements of how they cut out his base support.

This doesnt mean he shouldnt have worked for the seat, and I dont know if he did or didnt I am just referring to PJD's statement that he never saw anything for him. So if he didnt try then the loss is all on him, which is really sad. His seat is a primary battle seat, IE the republicans maintain those seats regularly.

Ultimately district 36 should be a split district, the ABC district with each county having their own delegate. This is what the split districts were intended for, but now how they are used by the democrats. The whole only 1 vote per county thing is strange and I dont know if it is used in any other districts or if it is permissible by law, I would have to look into more and i dont really have the desire to do it right now. If it isnt used anywhere else and it isnt specifically allowed by law then this should be challenged in court. But I doubt anyone cares enough to do that, which would be sad if it is in fact the only district that uses that method and it isnt spelled out in law that is permissible.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    I'll call all three of them. You are in denial if you think per capita domicile gun ownership is growing, but keep up with that delusion.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. The law was made specifically to cause a decline in firearms purchases, especially new owners. How many people who are interested in buying for their first time are willing to go through all of this? Its expensive, time consuming, and confusing.

Romney would have won in a landslide had he the demographics that Reagan had. It is really not so difficult for rational people to grasp.

The demographics of the electoral college, even in 1980, supported Democrats. However, Reagan won his first term because of Carter. Reagans 2nd term was because of the management of his first. Remember the 80's were Reagans democrats, which was a result of his 1st term of righting the ship from Carters mess. GH Bush won because his promises, which he didnt keep, and being Reagans VP. He is also the last VP to win.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md

The population of Maryland over 18 years old is comprised of 1/3 White Males. So 2/3 of MSI, MDS , NRA etc. is naturally something different? The studies you quickly paint as leftist propaganda siting gun ownership by home in decline is in line with "white male" head of household dissolution. Go ahead and ignore. Romney would have won in a landslide had he the demographics that Reagan had. It is really not so difficult for rational people to grasp.

Doing ancestry research going back to the 1600's in America, having ten plus kids was very common through the 1800's. There was your American gun culture right there. Now lucky if each couple spawns two. So rejoice the white male is dying off, and think about it when the new wave comes to get your guns.

well my son moved into his new house Wednesday and took his firearms with him so at least I have replaced myself in the order of things.

my family has been here in southern md for 375 years and just in my lifetime I have seen our families go from 10-15 children down to 1 or 2. I blame the government for making it impossible to raise more than 1 or 2.

oh well, I have made my place in this world and I have made peace with God so if they want my guns so be it. I hope they just remember that people like me give up their guns when they are pried from my cold dead hands.

I find it sickening when some on here seem like they want it and or would turn over and take it up the ass and give up their guns at the same time. sickening. what has America become?? oh yeah, this isn't America, its Maryland.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    well my son moved into his new house Wednesday and took his firearms with him so at least I have replaced myself in the order of things.

my family has been here in southern md for 375 years and just in my lifetime I have seen our families go from 10-15 children down to 1 or 2. I blame the government for making it impossible to raise more than 1 or 2.

oh well, I have made my place in this world and I have made peace with God so if they want my guns so be it. I hope they just remember that people like me give up their guns when they are pried from my cold dead hands.

I find it sickening when some on here seem like they want it and or would turn over and take it up the ass and give up their guns at the same time. sickening. what has America become?? oh yeah, this isn't America, its Maryland.

This is exactly what I'm finding in my family tree. Near everyone had 10+ kids. Just going back to my grandparents, so that is four people, it accounted for near 60 total siblings in that line. Education and Birth control is what happened. Most my descendants were farm labor, or coal miners.

Germany is already resolved by 2050 it will be minority majority.

The demographics of the electoral college, even in 1980, supported Democrats. However, Reagan won his first term because of Carter. Reagans 2nd term was because of the management of his first. Remember the 80's were Reagans democrats, which was a result of his 1st term of righting the ship from Carters mess. GH Bush won because his promises, which he didnt keep, and being Reagans VP. He is also the last VP to win.

Romney won 59% of the total white vote, 20 points over Obama. White males voted >62% for Romney. Now go back to 1980 demographics, Romney wins every state.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    This is exactly what I'm finding in my family tree. Near everyone had 10+ kids. Just going back to my grandparents, so that is four people, it accounted for near 60 total siblings in that line. Education and Birth control is what happened. Most my descendants were farm labor, or coal miners.

Germany is already resolved by 2050 it will be minority majority.

Romney won 59% of the total white vote, 20 points over Obama. White males voted >62% for Romney. Now go back to 1980 demographics, Romney wins every state.

maybe in someone elses family, my son is only the second person in our family to get more than a high school education. you don't need a degree to chop bacca or pull oyster tongs or bang nails.

as for birth control, we are catholic and birth control is a big no no. I am not saying it isn't used at all but we are not the typical American family who get neutered or take pills or get abortions. hell, I still have immediate family that go to church 7 days a week. my wife had to get some very serious surgery soon after our boy was born and that kept her from being able to have any more kids and some of my family wanted me to replace her. nice huh.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.

Oh stop.. Romney was weak among us white guys.. frankly I almost sat this one out.

Your version of gun culture is not mine.. that's the key..

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    maybe in someone elses family, my son is only the second person in our family to get more than a high school education. you don't need a degree to chop bacca or pull oyster tongs or bang nails.

as for birth control, we are catholic and birth control is a big no no. I am not saying it isn't used at all but we are not the typical American family who get neutered or take pills or get abortions. hell, I still have immediate family that go to church 7 days a week. my wife had to get some very serious surgery soon after our boy was born and that kept her from being able to have any more kids and some of my family wanted me to replace her. nice huh.

Education, more specifically of women. Colleges today are majority female. They don't invest that time to graduate and raise large families. Birth rates in the world. Education still coincides today. Look at the skew in France, those are not native French being born..

863px-Countriesbyfertilityrate.svg.png

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Oh stop.. Romney was weak among us white guys.. frankly I almost sat this one out.

Your version of gun culture is not mine.. that's the key..

62% is quite weak, OK..

I've never laid out a version of gun culture, but I'm sure yours is fascinating. If you are denying the gun culture in America is important/glamorized disproportionately by white males by a multiple margin, be my guest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom