• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    There is no 1000 yard range at Ft. Meade
    Yes there is. It's not located right where Ranges 1-9 are. Screen shot for ya:

83BCE0A3-1F9A-4620-BFE9-9393C1629F71_zpsstusucyv.png

bman940

Bart, Nikon Pro Staff
    Oct 11, 2010
    North Texas
    If you are staying inside of 700 yards check out the Nikon MONARCH 3 3-12x42.
    It is currently under promo right now and under $400. It is a heck of a nice scope and contrary to what many say, I prefer the BDC reticle. I use Nikon's Spot On Ballistic Program to dial in my rifle,scope and ammo to get the corresponding distances for the BDC reticle. In my opinion worth taking a look at. I used this scope on a .300 Win 2 years ago to drop a Ks. doe at 586 yards. Condition's were perfect, even short sleeve weather in Dec., otherwise I would not have taken the shot.

ScreenShot2014-07-23at14453PM.png

chale127

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2008
    Brooklyn, MD
    If you are staying inside of 700 yards check out the Nikon MONARCH 3 3-12x42.
    It is currently under promo right now and under $400. It is a heck of a nice scope and contrary to what many say, I prefer the BDC reticle. I use Nikon's Spot On Ballistic Program to dial in my rifle,scope and ammo to get the corresponding distances for the BDC reticle. In my opinion worth taking a look at. I used this scope on a .300 Win 2 years ago to drop a Ks. doe at 586 yards. Condition's were perfect, even short sleeve weather in Dec., otherwise I would not have taken the shot.

ScreenShot2014-07-23at14453PM.png

The M-308 was at the top of my list but even the Monarch is outside my budget, and I'm a huge Nikon fan

bman940

Bart, Nikon Pro Staff
    Oct 11, 2010
    North Texas
    Even some of the PROSTAFF 5's are under Promo, $80 off, put's them under $200.
    Some of the best light transmission of any scope out there.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    The M-308 was at the top of my list but even the Monarch is outside my budget, and I'm a huge Nikon fan

I have one. The BDC circles are WAY to big at the 300 yard mark and beyond. On my scope the fourth circle is 15 MOA at 500 yards, which is like aiming with a basketball.

Nikon does impress though; even the low end P-223 scope I have is amazingly clear and well made for the price point.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Looking at this which is to be released sometime this week to finally top my Savage 10FP-SR

The BIGGEST draw for me is the Price point, I DON'T have the cash for say a Nikon M-308 ($500 range) or others (more) and I have already put off shooting this rifle for almost 2 years, I want to throw rounds down range

https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_Arms_4_14X44_FFP_Scope_with_308_p/pa4-14xffp308.htm

I know their Red Dots are pretty great Bang for your buck items, I was wondering if others here have some of their other scope offerings other than the Red Dots

They released it. The link in your post works. It's $280 with a limit of 2 per customer.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Great budget scopes. Do not trust them to keep water out, not fog up bad, or take abuse. They are range optics. Not something for a competition that gets thrown in a barrel, defensive rig that gets banged around, or a trunk gun.

That sucks I was hoping to throw something like this on my 6.8 upper. Sort of a short range deer and yote gun that will be going up and down a tree with me. Not that I beat them up a lot but the fogging up would piss me off. Been there done that and don't want to deal with that again.

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    That sucks I was hoping to throw something like this on my 6.8 upper. Sort of a short range deer and yote gun that will be going up and down a tree with me. Not that I beat them up a lot but the fogging up would piss me off. Been there done that and don't want to deal with that again.

I've got 3 Primary Arms scopes and none of them have ever fogged. They are nitrogen purged, and if they do fog PA has fantastic customer service. PA has got some great torture test videos on YouTube, they put the scopes through at gauntlet of tests before they will offer them for sale. Most fail the first few times, PA goes back to the factory to fix the failure and gets another sample, until the tests are passed. This is why it takes a long time for new PA gear to come to market.

Clandestine is right that the PA scopes are not combat ready, however, I'd not hesitate to use the new ACSS scopes for competition or hunting.

-Jim

fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011
    They released it. The link in your post works. It's $280 with a limit of 2 per customer.

CURSES Y'ALL!!!!! I now have one of these on the way! It will sit on my Remy 700. The Weaver 3-10 will move to a RAR Predator when I get that...in the meantime perhaps the Savage FVSR.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    CURSES Y'ALL!!!!! I now have one of these on the way! It will sit on my Remy 700. The Weaver 3-10 will move to a RAR Predator when I get that...in the meantime perhaps the Savage FVSR.

Ha, look forward to your range report with the optic. :D

I have a Nikon Monarch 4-16x 42 (got a demo on sale in perfect shape) on top a Remy 700 or would be tempted. I did just get the PA 1-6x ACSS for an AR, so feel partly satisfied. Very curious about the scope you've ordered though.

fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011
    Found some awesomeness on my porch when I got home, this thing is freaking nice

9f100198ef0e56dd8ea4abc3d9d12ef5.jpg

Sent from my rewired speak and spell

I received mine last Friday but I need rings. A set of TPS TSR should do nicely. It'll probably will be a while before I get it out on the range. For now, I can point it out the window and pretend.

Last edited:

fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011
    Now to work out the mount and rings and I'll be slinging lead soon...

TPS TSR 30mm low rings works good and seems to leave room for covers, BC or otherwise. I kind of like the bikini ones.

Pretty cool reticle too!

Attachments

• IMG_1536.jpg
      IMG_1536.jpg
      63.6 KB · Views: 241
    • IMG_1538.jpg
      IMG_1538.jpg
      55 KB · Views: 203

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads