• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmike1487

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2013
    Baltimore County
    So I ordered that complete upper from aero last week. And it finally showed up today and there was a problem with it. The dust cover door won't close at all. So I emailed the women I have been talking to about shipping and hopefully they fix the problem. Quality control seems to be the issue here. I'm just ranting here. Hopefully they can help me with the problem tomorrow when I speak to someone.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I have many uppers and lowers from Aero Precision that all function flawlessly. Before you condemn them give them a chance to make it right. No matter what they do a manufacturer can't get it right 100% of the time

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    So I ordered that complete upper from aero last week. And it finally showed up today and there was a problem with it. The dust cover door won't close at all. So I emailed the women I have been talking to about shipping and hopefully they fix the problem. Quality control seems to be the issue here.

Won't stay closed, or won't budge?

jmike1487

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I have many uppers and lowers from Aero Precision that all function flawlessly. Before you condemn them give them a chance to make it right. No matter what they do a manufacturer can't get it right 100% of the time

I'm not condemning them at all. Just a little rant. I'll edit my most to make that clear

jmike1487

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2013
    Baltimore County
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427356078.581222.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427356091.634343.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427356101.267134.jpg

First picture is with the cover open fully and the notch exposed
    Second with the dust cover almost closed
    Third dust cover closed and the little ball or whatever the thing is haha. The little ball thing doesn't even touch the upper.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Is this your only AR? I dont have a rifle handy, but I'm not convinced there's anything wrong here looking at those pictures.

IIRC, the detent should sit on that innermost lip. I would compare to another upper to make sure its machined correctly. IF the problem is the dust cover....honestly, its less of a hassle and a $5 repair to do yourself.

jmike1487

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I have another ar handy but it's not a ar10 upper and not made my aero. The detent doesn't even touch that inner most lip. I assuming it's a dust cover issue.

I'm just confused as to why aero didn't catch that it wasn't working properly. I understand that they make these upper in large orders. I guess I just got the messed up one.

Again not trying to bash aero just a a little agitated.

jmike1487

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Is this your only AR? I dont have a rifle handy, but I'm not convinced there's anything wrong here looking at those pictures.

IIRC, the detent should sit on that innermost lip. I would compare to another upper to make sure its machined correctly. IF the problem is the dust cover....honestly, its less of a hassle and a $5 repair to do yourself.

So I pulled out one of my other ar's and found out what the issue is. It's a flaw in how it was machined from aero. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427363431.591139.jpg

The first picture has that notch cut out of the upper. That's not supposed to be there bc it presses down the detent.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427363507.896506.jpg
    The second picture is of another ar that I own and doesn't have that notch.

jmike1487

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Aero responded with sending me over to their tech department. The rep asked for me to allow them one to two business days to get back to me. So there isn't anything new that I am going to learn.

IgotAgun

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 20, 2015
    I hate Aeroprecision with a passion. The rail I bought from them, only uses a certain barrel nut that they nor anyone else in the world sold. They in no way made it clear that it took this particular barrel nut. When I tried to return the rail they wanted a 35% restocking fee !!!.

Enough people complained they they decided to manufacture it. The kicker is they charged $40 plus $12 shipping for it. They are crooks, do not give them your business!

Every manufacturer has issues from time to time. What matters is how they handle it.

jmike1487

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I hate Aeroprecision with a passion. The rail I bought from them, only uses a certain barrel nut that they nor anyone else in the world sold. They in no way made it clear that it took this particular barrel nut. When I tried to return the rail they wanted a 35% restocking fee !!!.

Enough people complained they they decided to manufacture it. The kicker is they charged $40 plus $12 shipping for it. They are crooks, do not give them your business!

Every manufacturer has issues from time to time. What matters is how they handle it.

Well unless they decide to send me a replacement upper I'm going to be asking for a full refund and I will not be paying for shipping. Due to their quality control issues.

jmike1487

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Still no reply from their tech department. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they are having a lot of these problems. I bet I'm not the only one who had called about this issue.

Aero responded with sending me over to their tech department. The rep asked for me to allow them one to two business days to get back to me. So there isn't anything new that I am going to learn.
    10:19 a.m.
    Still no reply from their tech department. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they are having a lot of these problems. I bet I'm not the only one who had called about this issue.
    5:15 p.m.

:confused:

jmike1487

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2013
    Baltimore County
    If that was :sarcasm:,then no problem,anytime.If not than all I was pointing out was your OP was a question/rant to which you later posted what I quoted.I'd assume they work a minimum 8 hr. day and might need one or two business days to get back to you and you were 4 min. shy of 8 hrs.

Totally a sarcastic reply lol. I don't have the emoji options on my phone. When I sent the email it was extremely early and the reply I got was at 930am. Just hoping for some easy turn around time. Plus me driving to my LGS and having them tell me nothing could be to fix the problem minus send in it back. I should have just told the person I originally talked too that I needed a replacement and not deal with the tech dept. it's going to take a longer still dealing with a new person.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    There should be no visible notch on the outside of that receiver, just a small chamfer on the inner rim of the port. I'd say that upper is junk, now. Even if they adjust the dust cover to work, you'd never be able to change it for a new one if needed.

Totally a sarcastic reply lol. I don't have the emoji options on my phone. When I sent the email it was extremely early and the reply I got was at 930am. Just hoping for some easy turn around time. Plus me driving to my LGS and having them tell me nothing could be to fix the problem minus send in it back. I should have just told the person I originally talked too that I needed a replacement and not deal with the tech dept. it's going to take a longer still dealing with a new person.

All good.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom